So who here believes the world is gonna end on Friday?

Church

I don't believe the world is going to end Friday I have bills to pay lol.

But I would like to dress up with some friends as the four horsemen of the apocalypse and ride around the streets :)

That sounds like an epic good time, which horseman would you be?

And no I dont believe the world will end on Friday either. Yes the world will end eventually but I dont think it will be this soon. More to the point, if it does end on Friday I wouldnt be around to care about it so why worry?

I don't but I have three ex-girlfriends who do and all desperately want to try and get back together with me before Friday (desperate f**ks). I personally think it's ridiculous, but there is a very remote chance of something bad happening. A CME from the sun could knock out electrical devices entirely if it hits the Earth in the perfect spot, but the chances are slim at best. I'm not worried at all. Think about it, what have I already survived in my 15 years of life?

2000:

Y2K

Planetary alignment (who in the hell actually believed this would end the world?)

2001:

CME from the Sun

2003:

Something was supposed to happen here, can't remember if it was a CME or a meteor or whatever.

2006:

Rise of the Anti-Christ on June 6th

2011:

Rapture

I was actually in the middle of a baseball game when the clock hit 6. The batters must have been scared out of their minds, because I struck out the side in 3 pitches each AB.

2012:

December 21st (Pending)

This is laughable. I'm going to wake up on Saturday and not give a f**k.

The theories I can think of:

CME: This one is actually possible, but the chances of the CME knocking out electronics on Earth are slim.

Planet Nibiru: This is pathetic. Wouldn't NASA have detected a large celestial body nearing the Sun by now? And who the hell thought that the planet would be visible anywhere on Earth by May?

Sudden reverse of magnetic poles: This supposedly would either reverse the Earth's gravity (which is impossible) or reverse the the Earth's magnetic field, which would cause massive climate shifts and extinction of many species.

De-Stabilization of the Earth's crust: I honestly have no idea what would cause this. I just know it's bulls**t.

New Madrid Fault Massive Quake: This really only affects the US, but it would supposedly there would be such a massive quake that it would sink the east bank of the Mississippi River From Louisiana until northern Wisconsin. Nice try, stupid conspiracy theorists.

I'm pretty sure we'll all be fine.

If anything, I was rather bored and disappointed that literally, nothing did happen. Mother nature could have at least thrown something at us. Dear lord, it was a big disappointment. I did not believe the world would end, but I was hopeful of something exciting. But just for the irony of it, me and hubby watched the 2012 movie over it. That, however, was a blast. Because we laughed at everything people took serious. :rofl:

• Like 1