Can we get some good playlists please? FFA

JetEyeNight

Regicide plays a lot like Rumble Pit used to, people seem to just ignore the king a lot of the time in favor of charging into the middle of the map to die. I tried playing it like REGICIDE, tracking the king down and killing him and defending my crown, and it kinda worked, but not always.

I watched dudes become king, jet pack straight up in the air on Haven, all while firing the magnum into the crowd of fighters below... They kept leaping down to bottom mid in Haven too, which is suicide. I couldn't track down the king because who the king was changed every 5 seconds, I'd arrive ready to kill one and suddenly he'd lose his crown. I don't understand it, but as I recall I was in there for the automatic weapons challenge anyway, so I didn't have to spend a long time in there.

The point is that while the gametype is called Regicide most of the players in the playlist just want to play FFA slayer, and so that's what the games become. I remember one game where I was leading the whole game, then at the end someone got pimp-slapped in the hallway and the pimp in question suddenly became king and won the game. I played Regicide the whole game, did VERY well as king defending myself and racking up the most kills, and he won by playing Slayer the whole game. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but I've seen the kills go all over the place in Regicide. People who never get king AND don't get most kills somehow win.

Anyway, it's not far from Slayer is all I'm saying.

I don't think Halo ever had a LOT of FFA playlists btw. You tend to get one that's ranked and one that's not. I'm not sure you should hold your breath for many of those on your list becoming available for the long term.

Regicide plays a lot like Rumble Pit used to, people seem to just ignore the king a lot of the time in favor of charging into the middle of the map to die. I tried playing it like REGICIDE, tracking the king down and killing him and defending my crown, and it kinda worked, but not always.

I watched dudes become king, jet pack straight up in the air on Haven, all while firing the magnum into the crowd of fighters below... They kept leaping down to bottom mid in Haven too, which is suicide. I couldn't track down the king because who the king was changed every 5 seconds, I'd arrive ready to kill one and suddenly he'd lose his crown. I don't understand it, but as I recall I was in there for the automatic weapons challenge anyway, so I didn't have to spend a long time in there.

The point is that while the gametype is called Regicide most of the players in the playlist just want to play FFA slayer, and so that's what the games become. I remember one game where I was leading the whole game, then at the end someone got pimp-slapped in the hallway and the pimp in question suddenly became king and won the game. I played Regicide the whole game, did VERY well as king defending myself and racking up the most kills, and he won by playing Slayer the whole game. I'm not sure how that works exactly, but I've seen the kills go all over the place in Regicide. People who never get king AND don't get most kills somehow win.

Anyway, it's not far from Slayer is all I'm saying.

I don't think Halo ever had a LOT of FFA playlists btw. You tend to get one that's ranked and one that's not. I'm not sure you should hold your breath for many of those on your list becoming available for the long term.

Correct. I would like to see Rumble Pit make a return where they have all those gametypes I listed. I don't want seperate playlists for all of those gametypes. Perhaps Lone Wolves for FFA slayer only. Action Sack for crazy gametypes. I've played quite a bit of Regicide, and I just get tired of everyone helping the king kill me. I'll be going after the king only to be shot by other people, then the king cleans up the kill.