Top 5 things I want in Halo 5.

Scott Mcmullan

1. The big one, longer campaign. As much as I loved Halo 4, the campaign needs to be twice as long. It was just too short.

2. Make the game develop it's own story. I read every single book so I got a lot more out of Halo 4 than someone who doesn't read them would, (although reading the books ins't required, I think you would enjoy the campaign more having read the books) but I feel that Halo 5's campaign should be more reliant on it's own story and other forms of media complimenting it. Not the game's story complimenting other forms of media. I think this point is synonymous with No. 1. More story could equal longer length.

P.s. don't rely on Spartan Ops too much for background story. I know a few people who don't have Xbox Live so they can't play. I would hate for them to enjoy Halo 5 less because they didn't play.

2.5. This is a little side one, branching off 2. If Firefiight was playable offline, why can't Spartan Ops? If it is at all possible, Spartan Ops needs to be an offline option too.

3. Please introduce more familiar characters. I love the new ones, but seeing some old faces would be very welcome. Such as Lord Hood and especially the Arbiter. It would be amazing to see him back and fighting with the Chief. Even though he has a more diplomatic/political role, it would be a great thing to see.

3.5. Another little side note. More character development concerning the Didact. We know what he wants, his goals, but he just didn't have that much character.

4. We've known since the beginning that the Spartan II's are/were sociopathic, so I would love to see how Chief deals with this and deals with the loss of Cortana. I know 343i have already stated that this is pretty much guaranteed in Halo 5, but I really want a huge focus on making Chief deal with all of that, plus the weight of humanity on his shoulders. 343i have said Halo 5 will be a dark game and a hug turning point in the series, I want this to have a huge emphasis.

5. No Flood. That's it, plain and simple. The Flood are a massive, important piece of Halo lore, but they were apart of the previous trilogy. This is a new on that needs a new story. And if the Flood DO come back in some away, please, don't make them a new enemy. Just for a few levels or a few cutscenes that add to story. Don't make them a big piece of the new story.

So what do you think? Agree with me? Have anything to add? I wish someone from 343i would see this particular post/thread. It would be great for them to get actual fan feed back.

P.s. The DMR is way too over powered. It needs to be toned down.

1. I don't think it should be twice as long as it could possibly end up just dragging the game out, but longer than Halo 4 for certain.

2. Halo 4 did take a lot from the books, but there was nothing besides floating through space for 4 years to compliment the story. For Halo 5 one game came before it, so it will have some stuff to draw on and expand, hopefully there is no problem here.

3. Maybe just a few, it isn't always the best choice to just throw all the old characters into the game. I had an idea where the Arbiter dies while fighting the Didact, now that would be emotional.

5. I agree, I don't see how the flood could return unless we traveled to Installation 05. There is no Gravemind to guide them, and the majority of them died when the Halo fired. Also the Flood was a test for reclaiming the mantle, and the humans passed, so the Flood have no reason to attack humanity again.

One thing that confused me about Halo 4 is that the Flood doesn't make an appearance at all and yet there's a flood game type. So if they don't appear in Halo 5 then it should go back to being good ole Infection. Flood is just garbage and it needs to go. Longer campaign, and bring back the scoring achievements for each of the levels. And let me go find the skulls, don't just give them to me. Made the campaign seem more fun when I have things to search for. Terminals were to easy to locate. Make better hiding spots for in game collectibles. A ranking system as well and bring back more multiplayer vehicles. And yes bring back the better Halo 3 maps PLEASE!!! I want the Pit and Guardian so much.

1. Ranking System that requires skill.

2. Ranking System that requires skill.

3. Ranking System that requires skill.

4. Ranking System that requires skill.

5. Ranking System that requires skill.

Skill is a personal perspective. What is skillful for one is not always skillful for another.

I think that we need a more diverse team of co-op players, instead of them all being chief, how about this,

1:chief

2: arbiter

3: Buck (as a spartan-4)

4: some other spartan, maybe a surviving blue team member. Maybe Thorne, he is the only new spartan that isn't an ***.

I agree but how about we replace buck with Dutch or Romeo... Or how about Dutch and Romeo (they are good friends if you read the helljumpers comic).

Palmer better be in Halo 4 she was a bad ***. Shes kind of the new Johnson, never thought they could replace him... (shes not as awesome but close enough)

recording_2012-10-30_13-33-03_0001-ts_000125024.jpg

1. The big one, longer campaign. As much as I loved Halo 4, the campaign needs to be twice as long. It was just too short.

2. Make the game develop it's own story. I read every single book so I got a lot more out of Halo 4 than someone who doesn't read them would, (although reading the books ins't required, I think you would enjoy the campaign more having read the books) but I feel that Halo 5's campaign should be more reliant on it's own story and other forms of media complimenting it. Not the game's story complimenting other forms of media. I think this point is synonymous with No. 1. More story could equal longer length.

P.s. don't rely on Spartan Ops too much for background story. I know a few people who don't have Xbox Live so they can't play. I would hate for them to enjoy Halo 5 less because they didn't play.

2.5. This is a little side one, branching off 2. If Firefiight was playable offline, why can't Spartan Ops? If it is at all possible, Spartan Ops needs to be an offline option too.

3. Please introduce more familiar characters. I love the new ones, but seeing some old faces would be very welcome. Such as Lord Hood and especially the Arbiter. It would be amazing to see him back and fighting with the Chief. Even though he has a more diplomatic/political role, it would be a great thing to see.

3.5. Another little side note. More character development concerning the Didact. We know what he wants, his goals, but he just didn't have that much character.

4. We've known since the beginning that the Spartan II's are/were sociopathic, so I would love to see how Chief deals with this and deals with the loss of Cortana. I know 343i have already stated that this is pretty much guaranteed in Halo 5, but I really want a huge focus on making Chief deal with all of that, plus the weight of humanity on his shoulders. 343i have said Halo 5 will be a dark game and a hug turning point in the series, I want this to have a huge emphasis.

5. No Flood. That's it, plain and simple. The Flood are a massive, important piece of Halo lore, but they were apart of the previous trilogy. This is a new on that needs a new story. And if the Flood DO come back in some away, please, don't make them a new enemy. Just for a few levels or a few cutscenes that add to story. Don't make them a big piece of the new story.

So what do you think? Agree with me? Have anything to add? I wish someone from 343i would see this particular post/thread. It would be great for them to get actual fan feed back.

P.s. The DMR is way too over powered. It needs to be toned down.

1. I would like a longer campaign, but it may cause for pointless filler that doesn't contribute to the storyline. As far as I'm concerned as long as they have firefight-like mode quality over quantity when it comes to campaign.

2. As someone who reads all the books I think what they did with Halo 4 was perfect. The campaign can be understood without looking at other media, but it stills rewards you for looking through all the cannon.

3. I agree, bring back the Arbiter with a cool more hi-tech look.

4. This could be especially emphasized by killing off whatever character we bring back.

5. I don't agree. They used the flood too much in the past, but they make for a fun change of pace, a short 20 minute flood outbreak on an installation or Forerunner lab (which is then contained) could make for an exciting part of a level.

6. Give us a knife selection for customized assasinations!

Combat knife - Standard UNSC knife etc.

Energy dagger - Similar to energy swords they are standard issue for Sangheli. UNSC began to give them out as commendations when they realized their popularity.

Promethean sword - A cut down version of the Promethean sword. UNSC gives them to elite soliders due to their effectiveness in case of a flood outbreak.

Imagine this, the Arbiter gets brought back and fights with Master Chief in Halo 5 and they develop a really good friendship. And then in Halo 6, the Didact kills the Arbiter. Imagine how angry the Chief would get, he'd think of all the people that he lost, Keyes, Johnson, Cortana and the Arbiter, and in his rage, he'd charge at the Didact is a final boss-battle like thing and defeat him,