Please dont make the br 4 shot

Jamesw01

This is a really bad idea im dominating with it as it is. Making it 4 shot will only add to the problem of balance. I dont understand what the problem is, quit actin like every battle is 1v1 and shot for shot. What happened to flanking throwing grenades and other tactics. Ive personally have invested time into playing and learning the br and thinks its fine and on smaller maps now i prefer it. Never thought id say that but yea. In conclusion im still gonna say in the end it comes down to the player not the weapon.

I think the real problem with the DMR isn't it's kill time, it's that the gun is good at all ranges, I think if they made the br 4 shot but every shot from every burst has to hit for a kill, it would outgun the dmr at a short range but still be inferior at long range. This of course would mean the carbine would have to get a buff aswell to contend with the BR and that in turn would mean the automatic weapons might possibly need a buff if they become too weak as a result. It's all very complicated.

the BR does not need a huge buff such as 4 shot. balancing by buffing/nerfing is a very bad thing, especially buffing. once you buff one wep, it'll become OP and people will cry for the others to be buffed. one of them will become the new OP wep and so others will be buffed, and so on and so on till everything 1 hits. thats the road of balancing by buffing.

IMO the BR is fine as is though. It's basicly less forgiving for the initial shield breaking shots, but trades that for more relaxed head shotting. with the BR you don't have as much need for aim for the head shot since you need merely pass your curser accross the head while firing, and the magnitism of aim assist tends to land one of them three bullets a part time job in your opponents cranium. so its good for its own reason (basicly noob friendly? lol) but any more power and it WILL become OP

so yeah i agree no buff here plz

4 shOt only adds to the chaos. If balancing the br/dmr is a huge issue, then they just gotta reduce the firing rate of the dmr to match the time it takes the br to kill someone...otherwise a pro with a dmr can out kill a pro with a br (just straight up with no other variables like using grenades,etc).

people just want it to be the BR from halo 3

To be fair, the BR from Halo 3 was extremely well done.

I don't wish for "the good ol' days" and I don't reject change, but I don't agree with changing things just to change them. Not every new Halo game should change the weapons that worked in previous games. The BR in Halo 3 was an excellent gun which filled its role well without completely overpowering the alternatives outside its intended arena. They tampered with it and now its pointless, doing well with it doesn't prove anything, because the same player could probably do even better with a DMR.

If you make the Halo 4 BR a 4-shot kill it becomes much more like the Halo 2 BR than the Halo 3 BR, and the Halo 2 BR was just a little too good.

If this BR really is much less accurate than a DMR then it can work as a 4-shot kill, but if it's as accurate and consistent as it feels when I use it then I think the gun is just ruined and fixing it will require way more work then 343 is willing to do. Hopefully one day they're stop screwing with things that work and focus on fixing things that don't as well as consistently adding new content (I love the Mantis, Promethean Vision, I might be in the minority in liking how ordinance works, etc.). They obviously can do a good job, but it's just as obvious that they won't do a good job when they start tampering with things that worked fine before.

Just so we're clear early on, the BR is way down on the OP's service record, and on most service records I've seen. That's where it will stay unless they do something to fix it. That's fine if it's what everyone wants, but it's clearly a gun which simply fails to fill its role properly, or else it would see more use. If people agree that making it a 4-shot kill isn't the way to go, they will hopefully at least agree that it sucks and there is in fact a problem with that.

I don't have many BR kills in Halo 4, or many kills at all, but I do pay attention to how the game works when I play. To make my arguments I just look at the numbers and point out the obvious problem. I also kill a lot of BR users, often while they're reloading. That I can say from experience. Try to figure out why, and you might re-evaluate your position.

• Like 2

To be fair, the BR from Halo 3 was extremely well done.

I don't wish for "the good ol' days" and I don't reject change, but I don't agree with changing things just to change them. Not every new Halo game should change the weapons that worked in previous games. The BR in Halo 3 was an excellent gun which filled its role well without completely overpowering the alternatives outside its intended arena. They tampered with it and now its pointless, doing well with it doesn't prove anything, because the same player could probably do even better with a DMR.

If you make the Halo 4 BR a 4-shot kill it becomes much more like the Halo 2 BR than the Halo 3 BR, and the Halo 2 BR was just a little too good.

If this BR really is much less accurate than a DMR then it can work as a 4-shot kill, but if it's as accurate and consistent as it feels when I use it then I think the gun is just ruined and fixing it will require way more work then 343 is willing to do. Hopefully one day they're stop screwing with things that work and focus on fixing things that don't as well as consistently adding new content (I love the Mantis, Promethean Vision, I might be in the minority in liking how ordinance works, etc.). They obviously can do a good job, but it's just as obvious that they won't do a good job when they start tampering with things that worked fine before.

Just so we're clear early on, the BR is way down on the OP's service record, and on most service records I've seen. That's where it will stay unless they do something to fix it. That's fine if it's what everyone wants, but it's clearly a gun which simply fails to fill its role properly, or else it would see more use. If people agree that making it a 4-shot kill isn't the way to go, they will hopefully at least agree that it sucks and there is in fact a problem with that.

I don't have many BR kills in Halo 4, or many kills at all, but I do pay attention to how the game works when I play. To make my arguments I just look at the numbers and point out the obvious problem. I also kill a lot of BR users, often while they're reloading. That I can say from experience. Try to figure out why, and you might re-evaluate your position.

I have a seperate account that i use then the one i signed up with on this and if ur admitting to not being good ur points invalid as u cant use the weapon the way it was intended to be.

I have a seperate account that i use then the one i signed up with on this and if ur admitting to not being good ur points invalid as u cant use the weapon the way it was intended to be.

Lol, if you just want to talk **** to me that other account better show you being a lot better than you are. I'll be happy to stop wasting time trying to educate you, at least you can take comfort knowing that 343 knows about as little about designing a game as you do.

The BR would be horrendously OP if it was 4 shot.

People are making it sound like the situation is like this.

--BR----------DMR--

In actuallity, it is like this.

------------BR-DMR--

If the BR was 4 Shot, it would look like this

-----------------DMR----------BR--

I've been using the BR a bit lately. It is FINE. More importantly, it would become incredibly OP.

• Like 1

I think the real problem with the DMR isn't it's kill time, it's that the gun is good at all ranges, I think if they made the br 4 shot but every shot from every burst has to hit for a kill, it would outgun the dmr at a short range but still be inferior at long range. This of course would mean the carbine would have to get a buff aswell to contend with the BR and that in turn would mean the automatic weapons might possibly need a buff if they become too weak as a result. It's all very complicated.

AR, Sword, Scattershot, UNSC Shotgun, Beamrifle, BS, Stormrifle, and the forerunner machine gun (forget the name of that piece) are all better at close range.

Binary rifle, incineration cannon, fuel rod cannon, UNSC Sniper rifle, and concussion rifle are all better at long range.

What was your argument again?

AR, Sword, Scattershot, UNSC Shotgun, Beamrifle, BS, Stormrifle, and the forerunner machine gun (forget the name of that piece) are all better at close range.

Binary rifle, incineration cannon, fuel rod cannon, UNSC Sniper rifle, and concussion rifle are all better at long range.

What was your argument again?

All the long range weapons you listed are ordinance, not loadout weapons.

You also listed the concussion rifle? What? Nothing with a low projectile velocity is better at long range. You can fire the weapon and it will frequently get there before they can dodge the blast radius, but you require high ground or a wall close behind them or your projectile goes right past.

At least make a decent argument of your own if you want to smugly dismiss someone else's. Instead you bring a concussion rifle, which would certainly win the argument in person, but not so much online.

I have to say the BR as it is would be fine if they make the DMR 1 more shot to kill or give it a slower fire rate.

Buffing the BR will leave the AR totally outclassed in smaller rounds thus making it redundant, the BR is great in the likes of Haven (it is equal to the DMR in this range) but loses so badly in BTB lvl's so something has to be done.. Doing something t the DMR is really the only option here or there will be a knock on effect.

The fire rate change could be the best as they could refine it easier than simply needing an extra shot.

All the long range weapons you listed are ordinance, not loadout weapons.

You also listed the concussion rifle? What? Nothing with a low projectile velocity is better at long range. You can fire the weapon and it will frequently get there before they can dodge the blast radius, but you require high ground or a wall close behind them or your projectile goes right past.

At least make a decent argument of your own if you want to smugly dismiss someone else's. Instead you bring a concussion rifle, which would certainly win the argument in person, but not so much online.

I agree with your second point. Maybe the concussion rifle was a bad point. But knit picking one arguing point and claiming I don't have valid points is just narrow minded.

I agree with your second point. Maybe the concussion rifle was a bad point. But knit picking one arguing point and claiming I don't have valid points is just narrow minded.

Really, because your list of long range weapons was still entirely made up of ordinance weapons and you compared them to a long range loadout weapon. I'm not nit-picking, I'm asking YOU what your argument is again? You haven't made one yet. Saying all the ordinance weapons are better than the loadout weapons may be a fact but it is NOT a "valid point" against the person you were quoting, and my pointing it out isn't narrow minded.

You also demonstrate a dire lack of knowledge about this game. You said the beam rifle was better in close quarters and you forgot the name of the Suppressor. That may sound "nit picky" but you're the first person on these forums I've encountered who didn't know WTF the weapons do.

Finally, I took issue with your telling someone to get an argument after you'd just failed to make one yourself. If English isn't your first language, I can forgive all, but it seems to me like the person who forgot their argument at home was NOT the person you were quoting.

Back on topic and to get back to your "valid point" I think in the cases of the weapons without instant kill times you should perhaps better familiarize yourself with how weapons stack up against each other. I think you'll be surprised how close an AR user has to get in order to guarantee he can't be 5-shotted by a DMR before he kills said DMR.