Please dont make the br 4 shot

Jamesw01

Really, because your list of long range weapons was still entirely made up of ordinance weapons and you compared them to a long range loadout weapon. I'm not nit-picking, I'm asking YOU what your argument is again? You haven't made one yet. Saying all the ordinance weapons are better than the loadout weapons may be a fact but it is NOT a "valid point" against the person you were quoting, and my pointing it out isn't narrow minded.

You also demonstrate a dire lack of knowledge about this game. You said the beam rifle was better in close quarters and you forgot the name of the Suppressor. That may sound "nit picky" but you're the first person on these forums I've encountered who didn't know WTF the weapons do.

Finally, I took issue with your telling someone to get an argument after you'd just failed to make one yourself. If English isn't your first language, I can forgive all, but it seems to me like the person who forgot their argument at home was NOT the person you were quoting.

Back on topic and to get back to your "valid point" I think in the cases of the weapons without instant kill times you should perhaps better familiarize yourself with how weapons stack up against each other. I think you'll be surprised how close an AR user has to get in order to guarantee he can't be 5-shotted by a DMR before he kills said DMR.

Now you're just being needlessly abrasive and I WANT to tell you as best I can how dumb you are. But I digress. I'll try and spell it out as best I can while retaining my composure before I let you make me upset over nothing.

1) the beamrifle is EXCELLENT at snapshots. I've used that thing countless times to no scope anyone at close range. I'm not the only one either.

2) so what if I don't remember the name of ONE gun at three in the morning when I reply to a forum post half asleep? Especially one that never gets used! You're nit picking. I can see it, we all can so don't say you're not.

3) regardless of wether or not its ordinance doesn't debunk the fact that there are weapons that are better suited for range of combat. Do you not get ordinance or something? Are you permanently stuck using load out weapons?

If you can't see my arguing points then I've got nothing else to say. I've explained my point as accurately as I possibly can. Yes English is my first language. Been speaking it for 24 years. How's your eyes and textual recognition? Basically can you read ************? Are you blind or just stupid?

I'm not asking you to agree with me but if you can't understand simple dialogue than that sounds like a personal problem. Way to go there guy.

Well, I have to agree with the other guy and ask: What does ordinance have to do with loadout balance?

But, I would agree with you and say that the Beam Rifle has more aim assist. It was an interesting decision on their part.

Well in the context I meant it was just saying that if (back on subject) the BR was four shots it'd dominate all other weapons. There's no fair way to do it. It's be overkill. Four trigger squeezes or five? I'm going to go with five.

The list of examples I gave that happened to be ordinance (just for long range examples by the way you can go back and read what I was trying to point out) was just to say that there are more appropriate weapons to use besides your standard rifle that gets the job done better.

Now even though you're talking about loadouts it's a matter of opinion at this point which is really better. The DMR or the BR? I think they are even really. The fact is on a long enough scale they would both be about the same. Sure there are minute differences between the two like magazine capacity and required number of headshots and of course bleed through damage but the point is, is that if you DO 4 shot the BR it will have a commanding lead over all weapons in general.

Why would I pick up a needler (ordinance) if I can shoot you four times in the face and drive on? Not to mention the ammo is then made even more important and commanding.

Ordinance is supposed to be a reward anyway for doing well. Or playing at all really. No weapon needs that kind of dominance unless IT IS IN FACT ordinance. Every weapon has a job. It's own unique purpose. As soon as you start making weapons that do everything you take away the purpose behind the other weapons. Maybe I could have communicated that better and in THAT sir I do apologize.

I just thought I had made my point, it was never to make light of anyone else's. I was mistaken.

The Battle rifle is perfect the way it is, same with the LightRifle and the automatics. Its the DMR thats in need of balance. The DMR has way to much auto aim and bullet magnetism. Anyone who thinks the DMR is in anyway balanced with the other loadout weapons needs to stop kidding themselves.

But if ur good with the br u can beat a dmr just because its better on paper doesnt mean its better when ur playin. More factors need to be considered when your playin.

A good person with the BR could beat an average person with the DMR; at mid range. But that is completely irrelevant because it would still imply that the DMR is better, what is on the paper does matter in this context.

However, making the BR 4 shot again would be a clumsy, lazy decision. The DMR needs to be nerfed, either in fire rate or accuracy but it is a balance which will be hard to get right. 343i probably would have benefited from a beta, the most sensible thing they could probably do now is create an alternate playlist with weapons balanced to experiment. Think they did a similar thing in Reach?

A good person with the BR could beat an average person with the DMR; at mid range. But that is completely irrelevant because it would still imply that the DMR is better, what is on the paper does matter in this context.

However, making the BR 4 shot again would be a clumsy, lazy decision. The DMR needs to be nerfed, either in fire rate or accuracy but it is a balance which will be hard to get right. 343i probably would have benefited from a beta, the most sensible thing they could probably do now is create an alternate playlist with weapons balanced to experiment. Think they did a similar thing in Reach?

Why make all the weapons inaccurate and difficult to use though? That makes no sense. Not all of us are Halo guru's wanting it to be an uphill battle every game. Video games are supposed to be well thought up and laid back. If you want to be an elite gamer and participate in MLG you should have to work with systems in place not the other way around...

This is a really bad idea im dominating with it as it is. Making it 4 shot will only add to the problem of balance. I dont understand what the problem is, quit actin like every battle is 1v1 and shot for shot. What happened to flanking throwing grenades and other tactics. Ive personally have invested time into playing and learning the br and thinks its fine and on smaller maps now i prefer it. Never thought id say that but yea. In conclusion im still gonna say in the end it comes down to the player not the weapon.

I am absolutely fine with the way the BR is. But if making it a four shot weapon takes all the attention away from the DMR then I'm all for that.

Why make all the weapons inaccurate and difficult to use though? That makes no sense. Not all of us are Halo guru's wanting it to be an uphill battle every game. Video games are supposed to be well thought up and laid back. If you want to be an elite gamer and participate in MLG you should have to work with systems in place not the other way around...

I have no desire to ever be an elite gamer and I am sorry if I implied I did. The BR and Carbine are not inaccurate and difficult to use, so if the DMR was not as effective it would not make the game anymore challenging for the players, but rather provide a different strategy.

Another issue with adjusting the BR to 4 shots again is that it would actually limit players even more. In Halo 3, it was not uncommon to lose a battle using a AR at close range Vs a BR. The AR naturally appears better now, but it should still be avoided.

It is just easier to adjust the DMR, not necessarily so it is awkward to use, but so it is the mid range weapon it was intended to be. Not some lethal close range, long range precision sniper killer with a guarantee +1 at mid range subject to striking the first bullet, weapon.

I have no desire to ever be an elite gamer and I am sorry if I implied I did. The BR and Carbine are not inaccurate and difficult to use, so if the DMR was not as effective it would not make the game anymore challenging for the players, but rather provide a different strategy.

Another issue with adjusting the BR to 4 shots again is that it would actually limit players even more. In Halo 3, it was not uncommon to lose a battle using a AR at close range Vs a BR. The AR naturally appears better now, but it should still be avoided.

It is just easier to adjust the DMR, not necessarily so it is awkward to use, but so it is the mid range weapon it was intended to be. Not some lethal close range, long range precision sniper killer with a guarantee +1 at mid range subject to striking the first bullet, weapon.

The problem is this. In Halo, by the very nature of the way the game works, no weapon can truly be "Good at Long Range", and "Bad at Short Range".

The sniper is the obvious extreme here, but even that weapon, in the right hands, becomes godly at close range at times. It's the same concept for the DMR. If the weapon is good at long range, it will be good at all ranges, equally, provided the player is skilled enough. There's really no way around this.

If the DMR can 5 shot at long range, it can 5 shot at close range. Because of this, the balance for the BR/DMR has to be more abstract than simply CLOSE vs FAR.

As it stands, what the DMR is is a perfectly balanced weapon in and of itself. It's the status quo. It can kill consistently if the player is good enough, at any range. This will not be easy to change, and probably shouldn't change either. The DMR represents what the R weapons have ALWAYS BEEN in Halo. The status quo.

That said, where does the BR come in? It's slightly (SLIGHTLY) less consistent at range, but offers a few formidable advantages above the DMR. You can afford to miss 2 bullets in your 5 shot. You can get a let up on targets who are off balance shield wise. You can drop players who are weakened more efficiently. You make players flinch a teeny bit more. It's harder to choke completely. Rarely will a BR player (skilled) have to fire more than 7 bursts, but it's common for a DMR player (skilled) to miss three or more shots in a complex engagement. This weapon clearly has its place in the game just as the DMR does.

Where does the Carbine come in? Same as always, the skill potential weapon. It's hard to use, and requires a bit of bravery. That said, it CAN KILL FASTER THAN THE DMR. When it comes down to it, this is an interesting advantage. Spitting out more rounds, it also is a again, a bit harder to completely shoke with than the DMR. Fired consistently, it's kill-times aren't bad, while it is sometimes hampered by range. This weapon clearly has it's place in the game just as the DMR does.

How about the Light Rifle? Obviously, it's the most effective weapon at range. It kills in just TWO body shots or ONE headshot after the THREE shots to take down shields. That's FOUR TO FIVE shots for a kill, no matter what. Close up, the LR can still kill in 5 BURSTS just like the other weapons, although of course they must be very accurate bursts, which is very viable. This weapon clearly has its place in the game, just as the DMR does.

How about the Assault Rifle? Well, it kills pretty fast up close. Sure, the problem of getting close in the first place exists, as well as the abundance of Boltshots, but paired with things like Firepower, Camo/Holo, and a smart playstyle, it has its place too. (I can't argue for the Storm Rifle or Suppressor, those are the only weapons I feel are truly underpowered). Besides, the AR has never been... Dominant in Halo anyway.

The rifles are fine. Don't confuse overused with overpowered. If at the top level of play, most pros prefer the consistency of the DMR versus the advantages of the other weapons, that's fine. That doesn't effect EVERYONE, and I'm willing to bet at least some pros prefer some of the other weapons.

• Like 1

Nice post there Dawn Wolf.

Of the 4, the Carbine has typically been the one I have neglected. As I mentioned in my previous post, I do not necessarily believe it is difficult to use, but rather challenging to master. Interesting to consider that in actual fact it offers the most potential, probably most suitable on the smaller maps, however.

Admittedly I have worked with the BR a far bit on Team Slayer, and I do feel better comfort if you like, at a closer range. I am however still unsure when Vs DMR, perhaps it is a personal frustration though...

Would you agree the Carbine and Light Rifle are weapons which offer more with experience, rather the BR and DMR offer a consistency on Small and Large maps respectively?

Nice post there Dawn Wolf.

Of the 4, the Carbine has typically been the one I have neglected. As I mentioned in my previous post, I do not necessarily believe it is difficult to use, but rather challenging to master. Interesting to consider that in actual fact it offers the most potential, probably most suitable on the smaller maps, however.

Admittedly I have worked with the BR a far bit on Team Slayer, and I do feel better comfort if you like, at a closer range. I am however still unsure when Vs DMR, perhaps it is a personal frustration though...

Would you agree the Carbine and Light Rifle are weapons which offer more with experience, rather the BR and DMR offer a consistency on Small and Large maps respectively?

I could see how the carbine could be deadly in team infinity slayer if all four teammates moved as a unit and all carried the carbine but that would be the same for any weapon actually...