Imagine if cod tried to be more like halo??

Balloonloons

I guarantee cod would lose players and following. It's users would be up in arms! The reason cod has been successful again and again is that they care about their core and understand the business. 343 fails to understand simple logic. Super Mario games have been the same for 30 years. That's why a 2.5d version of it can still sell a wii u! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

343 will not bring back the old style of gameplay or at least that of reach because it would be like admitting they ****** up to begin with. At this point it's too late to turn around.

Whole thing is sad.

• Like 2

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Says it all!!! I wonder how many people would be playing the game if it were not called Halo???

It is funny to think that CoD games really have been same thing again and again yet they have become the best selling of all time!!! Just a comment for thought...

Still goin to play H4 maybe just because its called Halo and has blue and red spartans, good job they did not change the colours lol

Says it all!!! I wonder how many people would be playing the game if it were not called Halo???

It is funny to think that CoD games really have been same thing again and again yet they have become the best selling of all time!!! Just a comment for thought...

Still goin to play H4 maybe just because its called Halo and has blue and red spartans, good job they did not change the colours lol

. Actually they did lol did you notice how they aren't really that blood red anymore? Haha

CoD panders to the casuals. They could change every aspect of the game, even make you shoot at the enemy by firing popcicles out of your arse and still people would buy it in mass.

I'm not saying anything against cod players. Cod stuck with a formula that works for them. 343 deviated so badly they lost their core big time! They should come out with an update changing everything back to the old ways then issue an apology for forgetting us.

I don't know man, I kind of like the loadouts and specializing. It allows for a certain amount of individualism and personal play-style. It also allows for loadouts for different situation/game types. I really don't see a problem with it so long as all the standard loadout weapons stay pretty evenly balanced. Kill cams and instant respawn are are kinda "meh" to me- I'm neutral on their existence in the game.

I think this game is simply too much at once. With Reach they tooks a few small steps. 343i has taken those small steps and made a big jump. I'm okay with it, but I think apparently they shouldn't have done so much at once.

The game will still probably be considered a success just because of how much $$ they made on opening day. I just wonder how well the next Halo will fare now.

Even with all this said, it's still early in the game. This may be wishful thinking but gameplay could always come back, there are over 3M copies floating around out there.

. Actually they did lol did you notice how they aren't really that blood red anymore? Haha

I'm not saying anything against cod players. Cod stuck with a formula that works for them. 343 deviated so badly they lost their core big time! They should come out with an update changing everything back to the old ways then issue an apology for forgetting us.

Halo's core has stuck with it. The only reason its not number one played is because there are more popular FPS to play. And sticking with the formula for so long will only get you so far.

Halo's core has stuck with it. The only reason its not number one played is because there are more popular FPS to play. And sticking with the formula for so long will only get you so far.

Yes, tell that to Nintendo. Their sales of the last Mario game on the wii were sooooo terrible.

• Like 1

I guarantee cod would lose players and following. It's users would be up in arms! The reason cod has been successful again and again is that they care about their core and understand the business. 343 fails to understand simple logic. Super Mario games have been the same for 30 years. That's why a 2.5d version of it can still sell a wii u! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

343 will not bring back the old style of gameplay or at least that of reach because it would be like admitting they ****** up to begin with. At this point it's too late to turn around.

Whole thing is sad.

How exactly does a new company establish itself without being different? Or should I just go ahead and assume you have a business degree and/or have understanding of what 343 is all about?

• Like 1

I don't know man, I kind of like the loadouts and specializing. It allows for a certain amount of individualism and personal play-style. It also allows for loadouts for different situation/game types. I really don't see a problem with it so long as all the standard loadout weapons stay pretty evenly balanced. Kill cams and instant respawn are are kinda "meh" to me- I'm neutral on their existence in the game.

I think this game is simply too much at once. With Reach they tooks a few small steps. 343i has taken those small steps and made a big jump. I'm okay with it, but I think apparently they shouldn't have done so much at once.

The game will still probably be considered a success just because of how much $$ they made on opening day. I just wonder how well the next Halo will fare now.

Even with all this said, it's still early in the game. This may be wishful thinking but gameplay could always come back, there are over 3M copies floating around out there.

the thing is they only sold that many copies because of the franchise built by bungie. So you can't judge by those numbers. Everyone expected something and didn't get it which is why you go by the numbers of how many people are still playing it a month later.

Yes, tell that to Nintendo. Their sales of the last Mario game on the wii were sooooo terrible.

exactly!

so halo only had a core of 100k people? Lol boy are you wrong on this one. Again just look at the facts!

How exactly does a new company establish itself without being different? Or should I just go ahead and assume you have a business degree and/or have understanding of what 343 is all about?

actually I do have a business degree but that is irrelevant. You don't establish yourself by botching a good product. If anything you make minor improvements but not destroy it to make it your own. That's a joke. Does this make logical sense to you?

Whole thing is sad.

This ^^^^^^^^

clearly halo has not stuck to its core... but i predict in the next cod they will have a visable 1-50 ranking system to finally kill off halo since 343 doesn;t know how to run the game like halo.

Na, COD could never implement a ranking system. The game is too simplistic plus its users would be too scared of it.

This Thread is painful. CoD has been terrible since MW2. They release poorly bug checked games and repackage the same system over and over again, just adding new guns. I like Halo 4 because it's a fresh experience with a nice touch of nostalgia. I don't think 343 "F****d it up" They wanted to show while, Yes Halo is still Halo, they want to take it in their own direction.

• Like 3

If you want old gameplay get halo on pc and grab a controller but youll probably complain about the graphics

Halo has evolved into something far better than before but its still the game i love that ive been playing for years JUst BETTER

actually I have halo for pc and its awesome! The problem is the lag is terrible and also the matchmaking is stupid because it does what this game does...though it does it by giving you the choice...it allows you to enter in the mid of a game! That is how I knew when 343 announced something similar it would be horrible. It takes away from the personal side of the game. No one cares about a team anymore because they just bounce in and out of games.

This Thread is painful. CoD has been terrible since MW2. They release poorly bug checked games and repackage the same system over and over again, just adding new guns. I like Halo 4 because it's a fresh experience with a nice touch of nostalgia. I don't think 343 "F****d it up" They wanted to show while, Yes Halo is still Halo, they want to take it in their own direction.

reach was more of a touch of nostalgia than 4 lol. Hell they even had halo 2 maps in there. How is 4 nostalgic?? Because you play a spartan? Lol. That's about the extent of nostalgia there.

Stop making topics trashing 343i

It's staring to get old

that's the only reason I started posting here. To voice my concerns and dislike for what 343 did to our beloved game. Otherwise I would be playing it instead of ranting about it on a forum.

I'll stop when they bring halo back. And if you don't like it don't read it. There are plenty more who agree with me than disagree.

Thank you bye.

this isn't batman the movie being directed by several directors who want to make it their own. This is a videogame with a specific style that doesn't work if altered. I present you with super Mario world and paper Mario as perfect examples. Both Mario but one obviously better and has been repeated dozens of times using the same formula.

Halo 4 has a fraction of the lag that COD does. Ever since Black ops 1, the lag compensation has destroyed that series online. It's so bad in black ops II that it's really a joke at times. Imagine being a full 1 second behind someone in a game. You shoot a clip at them, and they kill you with one bullet, you watch the kill cam, and on their screen they shot an entire clip into you and you never raised your weapon to shoot. I wish I could say that was a rare example but it happens constantly.

I can hop on Halo 4 and there is no lag when there shouldn't be. The game is ten times more fun then COD because of this.

Say you want a fresh start all you want, but when you deviate from the base play of Halo, you alienate those players who like to play that way. The huge difference between the real Halo games and the new, "improved" games is the class specialization which honestly ruins the point of matchmaking. In Halo 2 and 3 everyone started out on equal footing at the beginning of the game and basically raced to get the power weapons. Now 343i has implemented personal drop pods and specializations which provide for a wide variety of advantages and disadvantages. No longer do people need to use map control as a way to win the game. No longer to people rely so much on teamwork to get power weapons. And no longer are matchups fair and balanced. To me and most older Halo players this serves to undermine the point of playing online. It provides for a highly volatile style of gameplay immersed with unbalanced weapons. It's frustrating and very annoying.

Say you want a fresh start all you want, but when you deviate from the base play of Halo, you alienate those players who like to play that way. The huge difference between the real Halo games and the new, "improved" games is the class specialization which honestly ruins the point of matchmaking. In Halo 2 and 3 everyone started out on equal footing at the beginning of the game and basically raced to get the power weapons. Now 343i has implemented personal drop pods and specializations which provide for a wide variety of advantages and disadvantages. No longer do people need to use map control as a way to win the game. No longer to people rely so much on teamwork to get power weapons. And no longer are matchups fair and balanced. To me and most older Halo players this serves to undermine the point of playing online. It provides for a highly volatile style of gameplay immersed with unbalanced weapons. It's frustrating and very annoying.

Exactly, if I'm running up on someone I want to know what power weapons are on the field and what I can expect. With ordanance and different loadouts everyone is not created equal, which has been the main draw of competitive players to the halo series. As soon as I saw sprint in halo reach I knew something was seriously wrong with the overall direction the game was taking, slowing down the player but adding abilities to make them more manuverable. Hell, I wasn't even that crazy about equipment from halo 3 but at least that stuff had to obtained like power weapons.

yes black ops 2 sucks... which game has 600k online and which has 89k online? LOL? i hate cod but halo reach and halo 4 forced me to purchase that piece of crap game.

Why does is freaking matter how many people are online? There's plenty enough to play, so what does it matter. Play the game which you have the most fun on.

• Like 1

Exactly, if I'm running up on someone I want to know what power weapons are on the field and what I can expect. With ordanance and different loadouts everyone is not created equal, which has been the main draw of competitive players to the halo series. As soon as I saw sprint in halo reach I knew something was seriously wrong with the overall direction the game was taking, slowing down the player but adding abilities to make them more manuverable. Hell, I wasn't even that crazy about equipment from halo 3 but at least that stuff had to obtained like power weapons.

Thats not cool though man! Good players will know too much and be able to defeat worse players, and thats not fair! They needed to make Halo 4 to give bad players a chance too!

Why does is freaking matter how many people are online? There's plenty enough to play, so what does it matter. Play the game which you have the most fun on.

it matters because it illustrates what most of us are feeling. That the game simply sucks. That's why it matters. And that matters because we love halo and we don't want it to suck. It's that simple!