HALO II had the best campiagn! over-all.

PublicAlliance

Hi every one, i have been playing/finishing all the halo games and i think by far halo II has the best campiagn. When the brutes arrived in halo II i thought WTF are these , this is gona stuff halo up. But when halo II came out i bought it and played it. It was the BEST campaing i have ever played. Halo II also made kortana have really good graphics and sound. And they aded... THE SCARABE! AND HIJAKING! AND ELITES IN MULTI PLAYER! there was so much thing aded to halo II from halo I. What do you guys think and tell me some things that have changed from Halo I to Halo II and tell me things about the campiagn that makes it the best! Thank you.

• Like 3

i think every halo campain has its srong points

halo ce so much mystermy and oringal story

halo 2 see the war from the other side long

halo 3 no cortana u feel alone feels epic anwers everything

halo odst new take on halo series feel weaker oringal story murder mystery

halo reach from the beging u know the end see docter halzy the fall of reach space battle good pace and good vafrity of missions

halo 4 sad amazing charcters brilant voice actors long campain new viilan new edmies and its flawless

• Like 2

i think every halo campain has its srong points

halo ce so much mystermy and oringal story

halo 2 see the war from the other side long

halo 3 no cortana u feel alone feels epic anwers everything

halo odst new take on halo series feel weaker oringal story murder mystery

halo reach from the beging u know the end see docter halzy the fall of reach space battle good pace and good vafrity of missions

halo 4 sad amazing charcters brilant voice actors long campain new viilan new edmies and its flawless

you forgot halo wars.

Halo Wars my is tied with Halo 2 in my books. Man I love that game expect for all the people rushing with covenant leaders in multiplayer.

I luv halo wars i love how you can have an army with flam throughers and normal guns and make tons of bases it is AWSOME! Even the campaign was fun moving people from place to place, moveing one set of people here and another over there it was alot of fun! :laughing: :thumbsup:

Well you just mentioned an upgrade of graphics and one cool moment in the game. By this logic, all new installments of Halo are the best.

With the time.given, they were forced to cut things out, in doing so, they ended up with poor execution of the game, such as the Gravemind. It was the worst way to introduce a charcter, especially since they never even told you what it was. Also the level switching between the Arbiter and Chief felt awkward. And the list continues.

• Like 2

Well you just mentioned an upgrade of graphics and one cool moment in the game. By this logic, all new installments of Halo are the best.

With the time.given, they were forced to cut things out, in doing so, they ended up with poor execution of the game, such as the Gravemind. It was the worst way to introduce a charcter, especially since they never even told you what it was. Also the level switching between the Arbiter and Chief felt awkward. And the list continues.

Let's see, millions loved H2 and a few Hated it. You are one of the few who just can't get it.
  • Like 2

Let's see, millions loved H2 and a few Hated it. You are one of the few who just can't get it.

Any mention of Halo 2 and you're here in a flash, aren't you? ;)

While I don't knock Halo 2 for what it did in online matchmaking and what it did for XBox Live, I personally feel the campaign was lackluster. It was good, but I wouldn't call it the best campaign. Like Wombat said, the game felt rushed and incomplete to me.

• Like 1

There is a difference between Love and Hate and good and bad. Because you like something doesn't necesarily mean its good.

Fir examble, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie Ab Lincoln Vamplire Slayer, but I also knew that it was a pretty bad movie.

Also when Halo 2 was relevant, I really enjoyed it. I was 10-11 then though, so I didn't care much for the story.

• Like 1

There is a difference between Love and Hate and good and bad. Because you like something doesn't necesarily mean its good.

Fir examble, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie Ab Lincoln Vamplire Slayer, but I also knew that it was a pretty bad movie.

Also when Halo 2 was relevant, I really enjoyed it. I was 10-11 then though, so I didn't care much for the story.

The only way we have to really gauge how good a game is, is how popular it was/is. A few critics here and there only know what they think is good. In the end, Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer was judged good by the populace, so it was good.

The only way we have to really gauge how good a game is, is how popular it was/is. A few critics here and there only know what they think is good. In the end, Abe Lincoln Vampire Slayer was judged good by the populace, so it was good.

No, by this logic things like Call of Duty, Justin Bieber, and Twilight are fantastic. This is clearly not the case. It isn't hard to think critically about something.
  • Like 1

No, by this logic things like Call of Duty, Justin Bieber, and Twilight are fantastic. This is clearly not the case. It isn't hard to think critically about something.

Thinking critically has nothing to do with how popular a game is. Just because you criticize does not qualify you as a critical thinker nor does your single opinion have any relevancy here. It's a matter of popularity when it comes to gaming. You need to get your priorities straight, real life calls for critical thinking, deciding whether a game is good or not does not.

Thinking critically has nothing to do with how popular a game is. Just because you criticize does not qualify you as a critical thinker nor does your single opinion have any relevancy here. It's a matter of popularity when it comes to gaming. You need to get your priorities straight, real life calls for critical thinking, deciding whether a game is good or not does not.

This is just the kind of thinking that is turning gaming into a mainstream pile of garbage. Most companies think it is okay to dumb down their game to appeal to the masses. As they do this games become increasingly bad because writing is a thing of the past, gamplay is just a click of a button, more "cool" things and explosions happen, etc., but apparently because people buy them a lot they are gifts from god. If you want the industry to turn into "cool" things and gimmicks, then you can want that.

Halo 2 did some of these things, which isn't all that bad. It wasn't even a bad game, but it wasn't a godsend like some people want to believe.

• Like 1

This is just the kind of thinking that is turning gaming into a mainstream pile of garbage. Most companies think it is okay to dumb down their game to appeal to the masses. As they do this games become increasingly bad because writing is a thing of the past, gamplay is just a click of a button, more "cool" things and explosions happen, etc., but apparently because people buy them a lot they are gifts from god. If you want the industry to turn into "cool" things and gimmicks, then you can want that.

Halo 2 did some of these things, which isn't all that bad. It wasn't even a bad game, but it wasn't a godsend like some people want to believe.

Lol, I just said what the facts are, what is, is. If a million people buy something and one guy doesn't, it's a good product overall, it doesn't matter what that one person thinks, reality will kick you in the butt. Any other thinking about games is naive and too simplistic.

Lol, I just said what the facts are, what is, is. If a million people buy something and one guy doesn't, it's a good product overall, it doesn't matter what that one person thinks, reality will kick you in the butt. Any other thinking about games is naive and too simplistic.

What, I can provide you evidence with why that is wrong. And thinking about a video game doesn't have to be "naive" (plus what is more simplistic than a popularity contest?) just because you have a controller, the stories can be great and complex. There was a time when video games only had story to run on. Even just recently some big art institute announced that Video games are art, so it seems like is there some different thinking going in there.
  • Like 1

So, since Halo Reach sold 1.2 Million copies of the game by Bungie's last count, that must be a good game too then, right?

Okay, I'm revising my numbers, since I did another search. Reach sold 3.3M units in the first month of it being released.

• Like 1

So, since Halo Reach sold 1.2 Million copies of the game by Bungie's last count, that must be a good game too then, right?

Okay, I'm revising my numbers, since I did another search. Reach sold 3.3M units in the first month of it being released.

Yes, for the 3.3 million, it was a great game. I'm not saying that because millions play a game that it is great for me, not even close. I don't like Reach but for the millions who did, it's a great game. Who am I to tell them different?

What, I can provide you evidence with why that is wrong. And thinking about a video game doesn't have to be "naive" (plus what is more simplistic than a popularity contest?) just because you have a controller, the stories can be great and complex. There was a time when video games only had story to run on. Even just recently some big art institute announced that Video games are art, so it seems like is there some different thinking going in there.

Perfect example you gave, there is artwork that some love and others hate. If millions of people love a work of art and a few self proclaimed critics think it is trash, it is only trash to them, for the millions love it, it is a great piece of art. Who are they to tell people what is good and what is bad?

You are naive to think that your opinion is better than anyone else's opinion, especially when millions feel the exact opposite of you. You are one guy with one vote, if millions have another opinion, who are you to say they are wrong? I never claim that a video game is good or bad for anyone other than me, they have their opinion and are right in their thinking. You, however, want to push your opinion on others claiming they are playing a bad game only they just don't see it. Later in life you will see that your opinion means little to other people, it only matters to you (unless you are super rich in which case everyone will hail your opinions as perfect...until you leave the room).

I never pushed an opinion. I pointed out something that didn't really pertain to a good campaign, then pointed out what things I thought weren't that great.

Then there is no argument in "everyone's opinion is different". It is like a get out of jail free card. No one has yet to say anything to what I pointed out, except your "our opinions are different so you can't do anything." To me that says that you can't make a rebuttal.

...Oh wait I forgot, people liked it, so it is automatically a good game, nothing to do here.

I never pushed an opinion. I pointed out something that didn't really pertain to a good campaign, then pointed out what things I thought weren't that great.

Then there is no argument in "everyone's opinion is different". It is like a get out of jail free card. No one has yet to say anything to what I pointed out, except your "our opinions are different so you can't do anything." To me that says that you can't make a rebuttal.

...Oh wait I forgot, people liked it, so it is automatically a good game, nothing to do here.

You typed and said nothing. If you don't like Halo 2 don't buy it if it comes out. Yes, you did push your opinion, you were the one typing so it was in fact your opinion, nothing more. One opinion, just like mine.