Suggestion for an alternate control scheme

nindreams

Dear 343,

Would like to start of by saying that I love you guys and love the game. You have got me back into Halo again and it truly is a beautiful thing to behold, kudos. That being said, I have a tiny, itty bitty, dinky, little request:

I started playing FPSs with Halo 2, like many gamers, and for whatever reason I learned to play where the B button melees and the right analog crouches. The Fishstick control setup has everything exactly where I am accustomed to except melee and crouch are reversed. For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get my mind around it, it just seems like the analogs should control all aspects of your movement, at least in my mind. I can't count the number of times I have went to melee a guy and just kneeled in front of him like an idiot or been startled by someone coming around a corner, hit the analog too hard and punched the air only to get lit up. Milliseconds make all the difference in conflicts and when my mind has to unlearn instinct, it puts me at a definite disadvantage, especially with all the badasses running loose in these lobbies.

I hope I don't sound like a whiner and I know you guys probably wouldn't make a change just for me, but it seems like it would be a quick fix and would drastically improve the game experience for me and others experiencing the same issue. You could just call it "Reverse Fishstick" or whatever.

Whatever you decide, the game is too good for me to not play so I'm sure I'll learn to deal, but it would be awesome if you could find a way to patch it in or something.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Happy Holidays!!!!

nindreams

Gtag: x CHAMBER m