Campaign Ending

thelegendofJohn117

Was it just me or did the very last part of the campaign seem very "Call of Duty" like to you guys? I'm talking about the part where you are hanging off the edge of the light bridge and you have to press a button to get back on the bridge, then press LS to crawl forward. Then press X to activate the bomb. It just seemed really anti-climactic and a lot like the ending of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I'm not one of those 343 haters saying "This game isn't even Halo!" I just think that last bit was really a lot like COD

• 2 weeks later...

I definitely reminded me of Call of Duty (especially the endings of MW 1 and 2). Even though CoD didn't invent Quick Time Events I pesonally think that's where they got their inspiration from, because CoD popularized those Final-Boss-QTEs in Shooters. While I don't think it's bad (without that the final battle would have felt really anticlimatic), I wish they would have come up with another way to "flesh out the boss battle".

Nevertheless, I think that they felt a bit out of place in a Halo game, especially the one at the beginning with killing the Elite. Just because other shooters do it, doestn't mean Halo has to do it to.

They don't have to do anything you're right. But this is a new developer taking it in a direction they want to. Also one of the first games I played that started this was Resident Evil 4. So why does CoD get credit for every other game ever? It's not that good of a game y'all are just an unimaginitive sort.