343? A couple things.

Mr Eos

I'm truly sorry for the pile of ----- that Bungie put in your hands.

But now that you're in charge of Halo 4.

Let us repair that damage.

I am here to put you on track.

Halo's biggest downfall from their first original Halo creation?

Trying to control their community....TOO MUCH!

---------------------------------------------

Dedicated Server Support

The first item on my list should be pretty obvious.

Halo's multiplayer, is not conclusive to something that can stand the test of time.

If you need proof of that. Look no further than the shutdown of Halo 2's MM service.

You also need to realize the way MM was handling the community.

Limited selection of playlists that bury multiple gametypes/maps into a single playlists.

MM is directly responsible for the plague of quitters.

Dedicated Servers will go a long way towards showing the community that you mean business.

Because it'll instill confidence in those that buy the product.

Confidence in knowing that... even when you're long gone...

Those with the resources can still keep the online multiplayer kicking instead of relying on you.

Dedicated Servers Managed by the community. Kept alive through community funds and donations. Just like the majority of PC games.

You also need to allow the community to search by setting filters.

Give them a list of rooms to join.

Give them as much info on the room as possible.

People quitting because of map/gametype or other players in the room....ELIMINATED!

--------------------------------------------

Custom Content

Something made Halo:CE so special...

That Bungie was able to ride the tail of its success all the way to what we have now.

It was the mod-ability of it.

Although it was illegal.

I didn't know a single person that didn't eventually get their original X-Box modded.

Most people I knew, modded the box for 2 reasons.

1.To MOD Halo.

2.To copy games to the hard-drive.

It is the Reason Halo:CE succeded much more than anybody ever expected.

I want you to google 'Halo:CE modding'.

Most likely, you'll find plenty of mods related to the PC version of Halo:CE.

Some truley great and unique creations that have come out of the community...don't you agree?

But did you realize?

Every one of those community made creations was able to be imported to the console version of the game and playable in its fullest glory for the console, so long as you stayed off Live.

Thanks to the tools provided by the PC verion + other community made tools... this process became very simple after just a bit of research into the topic.

I want you... to make a tool for the PC.

That allows us to create and import custom content created on the PC, into the console version of the game.

Most likely, this tool is going to need some way of checking and encrypting the custom content to ensure the safety of Live and it's Users.

As far as 3DSMAX content is concerned, about the only thing you'd have to worry about is a Nude master chief.

Unless someones figured out a way to make a 3DS model into a virus...

The more dangerous part of custom content... custom scripts.

To allow customized special effects, customized weapons with custom recoil, etc.

I want to be able to mod everything.

From the jump height of my character, to the wheel sizes of the warthog, to the zebra stripes on my custom leather seats in the warthog.

Overcome the danger.

--------------------------------------------------

Consoles do not have to be dumbed down versions of a PC

A console has one purpose.

To put everyones HARDWARE on equal footing.

Instead.

Console gaming has become synonymous with. Limited community interaction gaming.

You're trying to control us TOO much.

You have a unique opportunity to use a Huge franchise name to change this course.

Microsoft will resist. You need to fight back.

-------------------------------------------------

Halo:CE to now...is like telling everyone who buys Skyrim for the PC... that Skyrim is not moddable.

Imagine how quickly the community would backlash against Bethesda for such a thing.

If you want me to purchase Halo 4.

You need to show me that Halo 4's "META GAME" can stand the test of time.

Dedicated servers + Modding is the only way to do that.

Oh...

Don't forget to increase the max player count.

Don't forget to add a join-in-progres feature for the NON-RANKED areas of multiplayer.

At the very least. SEPERATE PLAYLISTS BY GAMETYPE!

People should not have to vote on what they play, this causes people to quit when the vote doesn't go there way.

You cannot expect a bunch of random people on the internet to have the same tastes.

Look at any game that has just a basic Team Slayer/Deathmatch gamemode in it.

50% or more of the population of any FPS game resides in that gamemode.

This in turn causes the voting system that Bungie created to make most people play that game mode.

I don't want to play Team Slayer every time I jump on the game.

I don't want to be limited to a single BtB playlists to try to get a large Vehicular Multi-Flag CTF game.

Because the way Bungie set it up. I played Headhunter, Team snipers, Team Slayer, etc. Not the reason I chose to go into the BtB playlist.

------------------------------------

I'd be happy if you just did this.

BtB Multi-Flag CTF w/ Vehicles.

And nothing stupid either like Bungie did to it. Too many vehicles.

Putting 4x ghosts, 4x Warthogs, 2x revanents, 2x tanks, 2x banshees all into a single match is a bit rediculous.

This is a bit more reasonable.

2x warthogs for each team.

1x banshee located on the map that you have to fight for control of

1x tank on the map you fight for control of.

1x Ghost on the map you fight for control of.

Turn some of the more OP vehicles into map control objectives. Just like rockets or any other power weapon.

• Like 1

Keep the game like halo 2, and i will be happy.

Modding = BIG NO NO, it will go too far....

Dedicated Servers = Pricy.

No Microsoft = No Sales = No Halo

Seperate Playlists per gametype = No, will be a waste, keep it as it is now.

Join in progress = Big No No.

you obviously were disappointed with reach, which i guess is understandable, but overall, IMO anyway, it was pretty good, and people are getting used to it.

However, this is just your OPINION, for all you know, the majority of the halo community may not like half of this.

so, if you don't buy halo 4 because you didn't get the stuff you wanted, it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2

You people realize Modding and Cheating are two different things right?

No modding...

I don't like people making new vehicles.

I don't like people making new character models.

I don't like people making cool looking new maps, with custom objects built from scratch.

I don't like people modding to improve the game far beyond what the developers originally gave us.

I don't like knowing that even if the Developer drops all support for the game, the community can pick up where they left off.

I prefer paying for overpriced DLC rather than getting new free content from the community.

I prefer being limited to a select few objects that they give me to work with in forge.

Go kill yourselves.

Learn what modding is before you come in and fight against it.

At the very least... back your point of view up.

Type out more than a single line of crap.

Ever heard of Counter Strike? That started out as a mod.

Tell me something, are you one of the people that feels Forge World is bland and everything created on it...looks exactly like everything else made on it?

OK THEN!

If this idea of having Dedicated servers + Modding support is beyond reason.

Make the next Halo for the PC instead. Screw consoles and screw Microsoft. They are quite literally lowering the the bar with each passing year.

Grow some balls and do this next one right.

------------------------------------------

343, I want you to look at the responses of a few people in here and delete these people from your forum. They are a waste of breath. They are stealing virtual oxygen from us.

In fact, you should just auto-delete anyone who on average types less than 2 sentences per post. They do not contribute. They do not belong.

First of CALM DOWN! Yes modding support would be a bad idea. Also you don't need half a page to make a point. If you came to make a point, do it. Don't just scream about everything.(yes I know you aren't accually screaming, you're doingthe closest thing you can with a key board though.)

• Like 2

This Means...

#1. ---Some One Have A Cool Vehicle Mod + Map.

#2. ---You Download It And Host A Server.

#3. ---Other Players Cant Join You Unless They Download That Mod To Be Eligible To Play.

#4. ---Maybe Some Friends Want To Play Halo 4 Online With You But Don't Have That Map.

#5. ---They Need To Know Where To Download That Map To Play With You. (Or Else They Can Say...Play A Different Map With Me.)

#6. ---It Won't Be Cool.

#7. ---As You Can See There Is No #5.

#8. ---Haha, You Went Back To Check And Found Out I Did Have A #5. (Or Didn't)

#9. ---Many People Will Start Modding And Not Much People Playing Regular Maps.

#10.---Means Everything Will be SCREWED! Or Else Find A Good Solution.

Didn't Got Trick? Good For You!!! Always Read EVERYTHING!

I Don't Like Computer Made Mods For The Xbox360(Only Like PC MODS FOR PC)Plus I Doubt The Xbox 360 Supports Modded Files

I Do Got One Good Thing That Might Help Using What They Provide Us In Forge...

----------Making Vehicle Mods In Forgeworld----------

We Should Have A Option Or Mechanic In Forge World To Select What You Want TO Make Like...

WE Want TO Make A Vehicle Mod Using The Mechanics To Build A Vehicle That Everyone Can Run, see or play with...

But You Can't Change The Warthog Hulls Or The Mongoose Hulls Or The AirCraft Hulls or What Ever New is Featured In this Game,

I Mean This By Have Everything Default While You Can Have

Options To Change Your Seats Or Back Weapon Or Choose None(Plain Nothing At All) Or 6 Seated Passenger, Rockets, Gauss etc...

Options To Change Your Warthog Color, Pimp It Up, Decent Rims, Have No Right Handed Passenger Side (This Is Getting To Be Like Saints Row)

You Get Where Im Going? Yeah Halo 4 Should Have That But This Might Take Up A lot Of Disk Space.

I love rants.

Anyway, your ideas are alright. Dedicated servers would cost a lot, maybe more than 343i can afford.

As for separate playlist, i like them just the way they are. It's fun to choose a playlist and not know what's your going to get, although it can be tough trying to get the gametype you love. although the original MM in Halo CE was awesome. That would save 343i from making seperate playlist for gametypes and/or maps. Just use this.

Also, Mr Eos said that he didn't like people creating custom stuff. I love custom stuff and I think forge and/or modding should be customized. I hate in forge when you find the perfect peice, but it sticks out the other side of the wall. It would be cool to be able to change the dimensions of that object, like length width and hight. And maybe Modz. It was just so fun to sit down, join a game, and fire your AR and it shoots ROCKETS! I loved it.

Custom Edition: this could solve the modding issue. Players wouldn't need to add in a pelican and such, they would just have to at the custom edition. Although a warthog with zebra-striped seats would be badass.

Did I mention I love rants?

You people realize Modding and Cheating are two different things right?

No modding...

I don't like people making new vehicles.

I don't like people making new character models.

I don't like people making cool looking new maps, with custom objects built from scratch.

I don't like people modding to improve the game far beyond what the developers originally gave us.

I don't like knowing that even if the Developer drops all support for the game, the community can pick up where they left off.

I prefer paying for overpriced DLC rather than getting new free content from the community.

I prefer being limited to a select few objects that they give me to work with in forge.

Go kill yourselves.

Learn what modding is before you come in and fight against it.

At the very least... back your point of view up.

Type out more than a single line of crap.

Ever heard of Counter Strike? That started out as a mod.

Tell me something, are you one of the people that feels Forge World is bland and everything created on it...looks exactly like everything else made on it?

OK THEN!

If this idea of having Dedicated servers + Modding support is beyond reason.

Make the next Halo for the PC instead. Screw consoles and screw Microsoft. They are quite literally lowering the the bar with each passing year.

Grow some balls and do this next one right.

------------------------------------------

343, I want you to look at the responses of a few people in here and delete these people from your forum. They are a waste of breath. They are stealing virtual oxygen from us.

In fact, you should just auto-delete anyone who on average types less than 2 sentences per post. They do not contribute. They do not belong.

Sheezh, Microsoft even said that they do not want any modding on their console or whatever. You do not need to rage, I was only telling what they said.

They earn lots of their money on map packs, they delay on it. And you do want new halo games to come out right?

If you do not want map packs - dont by them.

• Like 1

I seriously hope this guy is trolling, otherwise he is an idiot.

They already let us build custom maps in forge. They do that for the community to keep people from hacking the game to create their own maps a screwing up the script. Those of us who do forge, the legal way to mod, would like more flexibility yes but not to the extent of what you are asking for. Zebra stripes on the seats of the warthog? Are you serious? You seem very hung up on the PC.

I really like your attitude to of "I am going to put you back on track because I am so much smarter than everyone"

I have little to no complaint from the community about the playlists either.

If you hate Halo Reach so much and are not going to buy halo 4 unless you can mod it then I hope you don't buy it. We don't want or need you in this community.

• Like 1

Why do you people even bother replying?

Get out of my thread, you are too stupid to be here.

"We want modding, but not to the extent that you ask for"

Seriously, get LOST!

You want less so be it...

I want more.

If I get more, you also get more.

IF I told you the sky was the limit, you would cry because its too much for you to handle.

If you can't handle the idea of limitless customization of the game.

Then don't partake in it. Go ahead and keep playing with your vanilla game experience.

The rest of us want something that is continually dynamic. NEVER GETS OLD!

I'm sorry that you and your friends are too stupid to track down the needed resources to be able to play on custom content.

You...are an idiot. Not me.

Compare Forge to Farcry's Map editor.

Yet...lets be satisfied with Forge.

You don't tell them..

"ok this is satisfactory"

You tell them

"I WANT MORE!"

Jesus you people are thick!

All I have suggested is to cut to the chase, and quit beating around the issue. Give us full modding support.

Forge is barely scratching the surface!

--------

I know what it is.

Do you feel jealous that people are playing a version of Fallout 3/New Vegas, Oblivion that puts the original vanilla retail release to sham..

and you're not...

Because you are to lazy to learn how to proceed with applying custom mods to such a game?

Look at those games, and just imagine if they had multiplayer.

Look at Halo and just imagine if it had modding support to the extent that Bethesda gives to their titles.

You people really are idiots to NOT want full modding support.

We do want better forge,and we DO want a better all-round system but no, modding would not help. In case you "I'm so smart" additude got in the way of you doing ANY research, moddind support allows for you to changethe game, and that CAN and HAS allowed for people to hack playlists such as matchmaking. We don't want our game ruined by hackers no one can kill. Please, give a good argument and I will heed your words. I agree that forge is only scratching the surface. If they make a Age of Empires meets Far Cry stlye editor, it will be improved immensely.

Now, relax. Sorry to break this to you, YOU ARE NOT THE SMARTEST PERSON! Maybe in your basement you are, but thats because there is no one else there. You need to learn that life is not a video game and other people ARE smarter and can have opinions too. Learn that in real life, you aren't all that matters.

• Like 1

*sigh* this reminds me of a guy that I met on another forum so hopefully It's not otherwise he'll hack us... About mods. I've got to admit mods are fun but they are also rubbish cause what is the point in modding if your Xbox live account will get banned?

• Like 1

Dude. Everyone here loves halo and is moderately happy with the way things are. We don't want 343 giving people the option to screw with the script and crap. We want updates and changes yes. Do I want the type of modding you are asking for? No because then people like your self begin to change stuff way beyond what halo is truly meant to be like.

I am fine with a limitless forge. BUT I don't want anyone script modding.

• Like 1

Dude. Everyone here loves halo and is moderately happy with the way things are. We don't want 343 giving people the option to screw with the script and crap. We want updates and changes yes. Do I want the type of modding you are asking for? No because then people like your self begin to change stuff way beyond what halo is truly meant to be like.

I am fine with a limitless forge. BUT I don't want anyone script modding.

Took the words out of my mouth.

• Like 1

I'm truly sorry for the pile of ----- that Bungie put in your hands.

But now that you're in charge of Halo 4.

Let us repair that damage.

I am here to put you on track.

Halo's biggest downfall from their first original Halo creation?

Trying to control their community....TOO MUCH!

---------------------------------------------

Dedicated Server Support

The first item on my list should be pretty obvious.

Halo's multiplayer, is not conclusive to something that can stand the test of time.

If you need proof of that. Look no further than the shutdown of Halo 2's MM service.

You also need to realize the way MM was handling the community.

Limited selection of playlists that bury multiple gametypes/maps into a single playlists.

MM is directly responsible for the plague of quitters.

Dedicated Servers will go a long way towards showing the community that you mean business.

Because it'll instill confidence in those that buy the product.

Confidence in knowing that... even when you're long gone...

Those with the resources can still keep the online multiplayer kicking instead of relying on you.

Dedicated Servers Managed by the community. Kept alive through community funds and donations. Just like the majority of PC games.

You also need to allow the community to search by setting filters.

Give them a list of rooms to join.

Give them as much info on the room as possible.

People quitting because of map/gametype or other players in the room....ELIMINATED!

--------------------------------------------

Custom Content

Something made Halo:CE so special...

That Bungie was able to ride the tail of its success all the way to what we have now.

It was the mod-ability of it.

Although it was illegal.

I didn't know a single person that didn't eventually get their original X-Box modded.

Most people I knew, modded the box for 2 reasons.

1.To MOD Halo.

2.To copy games to the hard-drive.

It is the Reason Halo:CE succeded much more than anybody ever expected.

I want you to google 'Halo:CE modding'.

Most likely, you'll find plenty of mods related to the PC version of Halo:CE.

Some truley great and unique creations that have come out of the community...don't you agree?

But did you realize?

Every one of those community made creations was able to be imported to the console version of the game and playable in its fullest glory for the console, so long as you stayed off Live.

Thanks to the tools provided by the PC verion + other community made tools... this process became very simple after just a bit of research into the topic.

I want you... to make a tool for the PC.

That allows us to create and import custom content created on the PC, into the console version of the game.

Most likely, this tool is going to need some way of checking and encrypting the custom content to ensure the safety of Live and it's Users.

As far as 3DSMAX content is concerned, about the only thing you'd have to worry about is a Nude master chief.

Unless someones figured out a way to make a 3DS model into a virus...

The more dangerous part of custom content... custom scripts.

To allow customized special effects, customized weapons with custom recoil, etc.

I want to be able to mod everything.

From the jump height of my character, to the wheel sizes of the warthog, to the zebra stripes on my custom leather seats in the warthog.

Overcome the danger.

--------------------------------------------------

Consoles do not have to be dumbed down versions of a PC

A console has one purpose.

To put everyones HARDWARE on equal footing.

Instead.

Console gaming has become synonymous with. Limited community interaction gaming.

You're trying to control us TOO much.

You have a unique opportunity to use a Huge franchise name to change this course.

Microsoft will resist. You need to fight back.

Halo:CE to now...is like telling everyone who buys Skyrim for the PC... that Skyrim is not moddable.

Imagine how quickly the community would backlash against Bethesda for such a thing.

If you want me to purchase Halo 4.

You need to show me that Halo 4's "META GAME" can stand the test of time.

Dedicated servers + Modding is the only way to do that.

Oh...

Don't forget to increase the max player count.

Don't forget to add a join-in-progres feature for the NON-RANKED areas of multiplayer.

At the very least. SEPERATE PLAYLISTS BY GAMETYPE!

People should not have to vote on what they play, this causes people to quit when the vote doesn't go there way.

You cannot expect a bunch of random people on the internet to have the same tastes.

Look at any game that has just a basic Team Slayer/Deathmatch gamemode in it.

50% or more of the population of any FPS game resides in that gamemode.

This in turn causes the voting system that Bungie created to make most people play that game mode.

I don't want to play Team Slayer every time I jump on the game.

I don't want to be limited to a single BtB playlists to try to get a large Vehicular Multi-Flag CTF game.

Because the way Bungie set it up. I played Headhunter, Team snipers, Team Slayer, etc. Not the reason I chose to go into the BtB playlist.

------------------------------------

I'd be happy if you just did this.

BtB Multi-Flag CTF w/ Vehicles.

And nothing stupid either like Bungie did to it. Too many vehicles.

Putting 4x ghosts, 4x Warthogs, 2x revanents, 2x tanks, 2x banshees all into a single match is a bit rediculous.

This is a bit more reasonable.

2x warthogs for each team.

1x banshee located on the map that you have to fight for control of

1x tank on the map you fight for control of.

1x Ghost on the map you fight for control of.

Turn some of the more OP vehicles into map control objectives. Just like rockets or any other power weapon.

U mad, bro?

Another person who should be deleted.

Way to go with the insults. The living in the basement thing.

As if that line hasn't been used a million times already by people who have nothing else to debate with.

Even if my mothers house had a basement, and I did still live there.

That has nothing to do with you people supporting the stagnation of this industry.

Telling me to give a good argument....really?

What's your argument?

"Mods R Dumb!"

"It'll go to far"

"I don't like scripts"

Wow! nice argument doods!

As for the hacking the playlists argument you just barely came up with.

I already beat that argument with the dedicated servers suggestion. DUH!

nice save with the if u still lived there but u still aint the smartest person that does anythin worth doing

• Like 1

As if that line hasn't been used a million times already by people who have nothing else to debate with.

That has nothing to do with you people supporting the stagnation of this industry.

What's your argument?

"Mods R Dumb!"

"It'll go to far"

"I don't like scripts"

I'VE given you reasons! Now, you give me some. Try to read my post next time. Give me a good argument as to how this would work and ways to keep it from getting out of hand, and I will listen to you. PS You already said terrible thing about people who diddn't agree with you, so I returned the favor. Also, we ALWAYS wanted a better forge, and loved custom edtion, so you have said nothing to help convince us. Even with the severs it still allows you to access the data, from there even the worst hacker can change everything. Also as far as choices ga, put them in as STANDARD OPTIONS, sorry but still no compeling argument from you to covince me other wise.

Just because I believe that your ideas wouldn't work doesn't mean you have to get nasty or try to get me banned, I wanted to put my point across without having to attack the other person. Yes putting in AIs like grunts is very fun, but make it apart of a Custom edition style forge, hacking would get out of hand. I tried to do this kindly, so please stop raging and give a detailed agrument please.

• Like 1

That's funny, because I never experienced any issues with hackers other than in the particular server that he resides in himself.

It's not like I would join a server on the Halo PC game, and suddenly have some dudes hacks follow me everywhere I went.

WTF are you smoking?

Even if that was the case. A simple restart and clearing of the games cache would fix that problem.

Great idea and a great backup to my cause by the way.

Customizable AI's...

That is why you need modding support.

FOR THAT ONE REASON RIGHT THERE!

Find a way to not infringe in basic gameplay, and I will support you. I still think modding is not a good idea, You can't do enough. Let me explain. If there is no way to spawn an AI on a multiplayer map to begin with, It will not attack or do anything like the campaign ones. (Show me a H3 map that has campaign quality AIs) If they have options and it is already apart of the game, then it will work better and can (and will) be seen in basic matchmaking. Modding can also overload maps, or only allow the host to interact with the mod. Let it be in the game, not add into it. (Next time Mr Eos, don't use anger to get a point across, it makes you look bad. Also different points of view allow you to perfect your ideas. You need to see all 360 degrees of the picture.)

• Like 1

What's your argument?

"Mods R Dumb!"

"It'll go to far"

"I don't like scripts"

I have already stated my opinions on here about what I would like updated and changed. You saying I'm an idiot because I don't want to have the ability to mod every little thing is silly.

There is a reason they ban people who mod consoles and hack playlists. Its because it is not what is best for the community.

All of that is my personal opinion and I just ask that you respect it.

What may also be my own opinion (I feel as though I have the support of the community to say this) I believe you have no business jumping on here and insulting this community when you have little to no reputation among its members. You have something like 7 posts and a -4 rep score among the community. I hope some mods or the admin decide to give you a full outright ban.

I have no hate for you or your ideas I just disagree with them. We are free to disagree but we are about maintaining civility and peace in this community.

I PM you this also.

• Like 1