blooms gone, happy birthday hater -_-

SGT Warchild

Lol Screw the people who like the new game title Halo Reach. That is not a halo until they fix what is broken about it (which is going to be fixed) Gf at people who armor lock at a mouse running across the ground. Gf to people who spam me and kill me when i am timing my shots. Gf to everyone because i will be nerding up some halo reach to get use to the dmr again.

For all the people against getting rid of bloom i have two things to say to you

1.)Stroke the shaft

2.)Why would you want it.. no matter how you think about it having a bloom leaves a random factor no matter how well you time your shots and how is some random better then no random?

• Like 1

The firing spread will still be the same no matter how the DMR is used. Bloom was only a visual so you could judge the radius in which to guess your shots might land. It will and has no effect on teh firing spread calculations that go into the weapon projectile.

As for Armor Lock, quit whining and find a solution to your annoying problem. Just because 25% of the whining fanboy community can't compete properly against it, doesn't mean the rest of the gaming community should suffer for your l337 fails in-game.

You either like the game or don't. Stop complaining and keep these damn things to yourself!

• Like 1

Here is both sides:

Bloom/Armor Lock Haters- they whine about someone else having an advantage over them. Its combat there is no "fairness".

Bloom/Armor lock riders- they don't complain and probably most won't after update.

Post Update Haters- We know there will be some. They will complain about dying...

If a players "butt buddies" come and kill you when he's in armor lock, then isn't that just good teamwork? There are legitimate strategies against armor lock. Keep your distance and headshot them. If you were in cqb with him and can't get away and his teammates clean you up, then you were most likely a dead man anyways. All a user in armor lock can do is delay the inevitable unless help comes for him, in which case his team has a good strategy anyways. And I have mixed feelings about bloom. I believe it levels the playing field a little bit and adds another layer of strategy to the game. The player who can learn to time his shots well should be rewarded. And to everyone who says bloom shouldn't be in halo.......it's been there from the beginning. If you don't believe me, fire the assault rifle from halo: ce. It starts out accurate but after a little time the shots start to get wider. That's bloom, there's just no visual representation like we have in halo reach. If we removed bloom from the dmr, then it could become greatly overpowered. The needle rifle would be completely outclassed at every range. If you can learn to control the bloom, then you will be better than if everyone had no bloom. Very few can do this, though. I still think bloom has its place in halo reach

Man alot of you are just noobs i hate to say, And most of you dont even know the mechanics behimd bloom and why so may people hate it, and alot of you dont realize just how many people have left halo becuase of the bloom, it is a problem, and i know alot of friends who are finally going to play reach know that bloom is gone from the DMR and maybe the pistol too,

The firing spread will still be the same no matter how the DMR is used. Bloom was only a visual so you could judge the radius in which to guess your shots might land. It will and has no effect on teh firing spread calculations that go into the weapon projectile.

As for Armor Lock, quit whining and find a solution to your annoying problem. Just because 25% of the whining fanboy community can't compete properly against it, doesn't mean the rest of the gaming community should suffer for your l337 fails in-game.

You either like the game or don't. Stop complaining and keep these damn things to yourself!

This. I wish people would get this through their heads...seriously.

Reaper speaketh the truth.

After just under a year people still complain about bloom, surely you must of got used to it by now?

Armor Lock taken out, well the haters win, can't see the issue with AL, surely you've sussed what to do by now.

Last thing Halo Reach isn't Halo 3, seems some people don't realise that.

Bungie did say in there last vidoc that Reach had everything in it, they couldn't put in the other games..

• 2 weeks later...

Alright I've seen this bloom stuff all over. And people have been very vague on the meaning. I'm familiar with the term bloom referring to lighting. Mainly speaking of when your in a dark room and walk outside. The light is really bright until your eyes adjust, and vice versa. Can someone please explain to me what people are talking about here? If this is what people are complaining about, then they need to get used to realism in a videogame.