English speaking aliens

HaloWithStyle

Does the aliens speaking english kind of ruin the illusion abit for anyone else? Like how the Diadact and Librarian both speak perfect english as if it's their native tounge. I know it's probably better than 343 making up their own language and having subtitles but still...

It's because they basically have the knowledge of everything, making it possible for them to speak perfect English, or any language for that matter. Hope that clears up anything. :D

Well there is one scene where the librarian basically says that she laid seeds hundreds of thousands of years ago that would lead to the Master Chief, his suit, and Cortana... If the forerunners are capable of that then I don't see why they couldn't have laid the seeds for the human's language.

• 3 weeks later...

If you think that's bad, remember back to every other Halo game where all the aliens spoke in English? That got kind of rediculous. I mean, I understand that the Grunts were kind of charming in annoying sort of way, but come on. The jerk store? I love Joe Staten's voice as much as the next guy but this was kind of strange.

http://youtu.be/s3yDFkByo9A

I'm sure the Didact had years upon years to study the humans, and their language during both the first war with them, and then again after he helped devolve humanity. Further, Forerunners are so close to humanity in many ways that perhaps we shared a language anyhow. Unlikely, but plausible.

The Covenant studied humanity for years before hand and learned the language, there is no reason what so ever the Didact couldn't have done the same considering how much he dealt with the humans.

I actually believe it makes perfect sense, and the storywriters of Halo did a great job to cover the holes of disbelief. The Forerunners are basically humanity's creators (at least when they devolved them a few millenium), so they should obviously be able to speak English.

As for the Covenant, their technology is still superior to humanity's in current Halo dates (2553), so they probably have Rosetta Stone v.9001 ;)