Matchmaking Skill level

A Fhaol Bhig

*EDIT

Since people apparently are not reading my OP, let me make it clear. I do not care about my K/D at all. I let people know that it was good so that you wouldn't think that I was just complaining because I'm a bad player not because it's all that I care about.

What this thread is about, is I am wondering if anyone else is having my problems, or if someone can explain the matchmaking system in this game. I am not complaining just to have people take pity on me or something.

Okay first of, I'm not a bad player by any means. My K/D is slightly less then 2.00 and my W/L is waaay up.

So I'm not super amazing at this game, but I'm also not terrible.

My question/complaint is this: When I get into a matchmade game I'm going up against (nearly every single time) people who are WAAAAY better then me. I can't even remember the last time I went up against players who were noticiably worse then me. Every single match isn't putting me up against worse or evenly skilled players I'm going up against players who dominate me. Most of the time they aren't in parties and they don't have mikes.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm always finding myself on the verge of going negative or losing. I can usually do okay, but even my teamates tend to out perform me. I find myself in a role where I'm not helping my team in a noticiable manner and being a huge team player that gets on my nerves.

I'd rather have fun then do good, but if I can do good and have fun that's even better. I don't mind losing, and I don't mind going negative but nearly every single match I'm just not having fun because most of the other players skill levels are way above mine. (Well, that and I find so many players running as soon as they get shot or running as soon as they realize they are going to lose and managing to escape due to sprint but that's a seperate complaint)

343 talked about some new skill matching system, is that the cause? or am I just unlucky? Is anyone else having this problem?

I tend to have this happen quite a lot in infinity slayer. I don't know why but it's just, I do worse in that game mode. When I go to BTB though, it's less severe. I have a 2.4 KDR and a decent win loss. I don't know what's up with that though but, I have experienced this too.

• Like 1

In my experience which is similar to the OP, i realized that when a person is put against people of their same skill level that noone is used to that and they have to understand that same skill level means being placed with basically yur equal and the competition is taking yu to a level where yu must push yurself to play better and play smarter in order to win. In this way Halo 4 has turned Halo into a really competitive game even without a skill system being visible. Hell regicide for me can get so complicated at times when im king because i know that me dying is the worst thing now more than ever and for me the gametype means trying to combine my skills to get kills but also my skills to survive and avoid the double team. The skill gap has grown tougher and people get better at the game. In this perspective i dont blame anyone but myself for not being better at this game.

Haha, one hundred posts.

I tend to have this happen quite a lot in infinity slayer. I don't know why but it's just, I do worse in that game mode. When I go to BTB though, it's less severe. I have a 2.4 KDR and a decent win loss. I don't know what's up with that though but, I have experienced this too.

Yeah it's like, It's not that I perform badly but you just know that you're outclassed. When I go BR to BR I lose nearly every time head on.

In my experience which is similar to the OP, i realized that when a person is put against people of their same skill level that noone is used to that and they have to understand that same skill level means being placed with basically yur equal and the competition is taking yu to a level where yu must push yurself to play better and play smarter in order to win. In this way Halo 4 has turned Halo into a really competitive game even without a skill system being visible. Hell regicide for me can get so complicated at times when im king because i know that me dying is the worst thing now more than ever and for me the gametype means trying to combine my skills to get kills but also my skills to survive and avoid the double team. The skill gap has grown tougher and people get better at the game. In this perspective i dont blame anyone but myself for not being better at this game.

See that's the thing though, I KNOW how good I am. And I am no-where near the skill level I'm seeing. Like if it takes me 8 shots to kill someone, it takes them five without fail. It's not a matter of them being equally skilled, it's them being way better. I've seen the replays to try and learn and these guys land every shot, know every spawn, and know every map. I know the maps, but not by heart and I'm certainly not landing every shot and know every spawn. The people I'm up against have 2.50 K/D's or above on average.

Okay first of, I'm not a bad player by any means. My K/D is slightly less then 2.00 and my W/L is waaay up.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm always finding myself on the verge of going negative or losing.

I find it hard to believe that you're telling the truth about one of these two statements and as such, I can't take your post seriously.

I used to be playing noobs/decent players up until I hit SR40, and then after only dominant teams. Or so it felt.

That's about when it started being a big problem for me.

I find it hard to believe that you're telling the truth about one of these two statements and as such, I can't take your post seriously.

https://app.halowayp...m/en-us/Halo4/I Tegernako I/home/

This being my first time actually looking at my stats, my W/L being way up is wrong. Regardless...I find it hard to believe you'd waste everyones time by making a post like that. As such, GTFO.

I wouldn't consider a 2.00 K/D bad at all... I mean, i'm VERY good at this game and i have a 1.50. I play fast paced and freely rather than conservative, but if i get into a 1v1 BR/dmr battle, i'm going to win 75% of the time. I push a lot and end up dying a good bit, so that may be why mine's relatively "low" but regardless, I know that i'm good at this game and i wouldn't consider your K/D bad. i don't know how you could think a 2.00 is bad considering that's good even on CoD's standards (and it's easy to rack up in kills in that game).

Don't get me wrong, i experience some of these problems as a random, but don't call a 2.00 K/D bad haha.

I wouldn't consider a 2.00 K/D bad at all... I mean, i'm VERY good at this game and i have a 1.50. I play fast paced and freely rather than conservative, but if i get into a 1v1 BR/dmr battle, i'm going to win 75% of the time. I push a lot and end up dying a good bit, so that may be why mine's relatively "low" but regardless, I know that i'm good at this game and i wouldn't consider your K/D bad. i don't know how you could think a 2.00 is bad considering that's good even on CoD's standards (and it's easy to rack up in kills in that game).

Don't get me wrong, i experience some of these problems as a random, but don't call a 2.00 K/D bad haha.

It's not bad, but I'm not having fun is what I'm getting at. I don't mind getting trounced but nearly every match I'm paired up against people who are just much better then me. I can hold my own, but holding my own isn't the same as having fun. Going BR to BR, getting the first two shots in and then losing because they can strafe and aim better then me on a constant basis is frustrating.

Surely if you coming up against guys who are dominating you your K/D wouldn't be 2.0 and your win/ loss would be bad, so I don't know how they are dominating you every time?

If you read my post you'll notice I state "but I'm always finding myself on the verge of going negative or losing."

Just as I get matched up against players who are much better then me, my teammates tend to outperform me as well. That's why I got a lot of those recent wins. And if I were making this up, why would I talk about myself performing poorly? Wouldn't I say something like "I'm so amazing at this game because I'm being matched against scrubs!"

I also have access to vehicles and power weapons and that obviously helps keep my K/D positive as well as the fact that even the best players die. I do get some good kills and triples with the BR and DMR but that doesn't mean they aren't much better players.

Careful, using this kind of rational logic might get you a nasty inbox message from him with big boy words! hahahahahaha

Or reported for blatantly trolling and trying to derail the topic.

I seem to have the exact opposite happen to me. My K/D is around 1.7 and my Win/Loss is probably around 3.5. When I go into Team Slayer Pro or Infinity Slayer, it's not even fun because of how bad the other team is. I do go in with a full team, but seriously? I cannot wait until actually skill ranks.

Entire post of awesomness

Uh huh.

The problem is that there is no benefit for teamwork. There should be a system where players earn bonus points depending on how close they are to each other.

Mhmm, you get a lot of points for assists (and even more for like ten of them, called wingman I think?) so I don't think that's the problem. But it's an interesting idea. The way Battlefield does it is you get a percentage of points depending on how much damage you did. It'd certainly make me feel like more of a contributor knowing just how much I'm helping get those kills or score those flags.

I'd have to say I am a little above so-so. I have been on more losing teams than I have winning teams, but my KD is just above (or at) 1.00.

I don't play every night. I don't spend every day thinking about my next games on Halo 4, or if my KDis going up or down. I don't get on LIVE at night thinking "okay tonight's the night, I'm going to be the best". Perhaps that shows in my record, and I'm okay with that.

I do, however, pride myself in having more fun at Halo 4 than most. While some of my team is whining about losing, I'm giggling because I just got sniped mid jump and cut a backflip, which I got to see from my killer's perspective. "Nice shot, guy."

In my opinion, one shouldn't place value on the game in terms of how much better one can be than others, but in terms of how much you enjoy it even if you aren't on your A-game. Or even if your A-game is doo doo.

Have fun, kids.

Honestly this is not COD its Halo a game that I have loved for one reason 'the best player wins', sometimes thats me sometimes its not. I play on my own and with friends and I have a barely positive KDR but 1 on 1 in a BR fight I will win more than 50% of the time. I hate when players worry about dying without realising if the team push you can make life hell for your opponents (even if ya die a few times along the way).

KDR should never come into this game I mean when I play with friends in objective games we generally win and often get negative ratios!!! WHO CARES!! If yoyu are getting beaten by others 1 on 1 then its time for you to get better not complain that you do not get a load of noobs.

To be honest at lvl 49 (and just getting back into Halo having not played reach, hated that game for taking away my beloved BR) I am finding games easier than ever. I miss the days of Halo 3 when you were thrown up against a team of Generals and you had to fight like nothing else just to stay in the match, and when you won you felt awesome.

Face it KDR means nothing in this game anyone can hide back and pick off while their team get smashed, truly good players get out that plasma pistol and go tank hunting.

Sorry for the rant but in short if you were beaten they were better so time for you to improve..................

• Like 1

rant

Have fun, kids.

Why do you people not read? I said I'd rather have fun, but I'm NOT having fun because I'm being completely outmatched. I could care less if my K/D was garbage and I was having fun, but what's happening is I'm doing average or poorly AND NOT HAVING FUN. This hasn't happened in any of the other Halo's. In Halo 3 my K/D was like .50 and I didn't care one bit. My K/D is like 1.50 in Reach, that's great. It's like 1.90 here and that's great as well except unlike the others I'm not having fun. Yesterday I was matched against a bunch of randoms, two of whom got over 25 kills and no deaths. They weren't cheating, they were just good. And I didn't even get close to even breaking their shields they were so good at strafing. Not to mention that same day where I died about 15 times in a row within 3 seconds of me spawning. And these match ups happen to me on a regular basis.

And for the record, you're talking to someone who spent an entire match yesterday stalking a person with Camo. I play to have fun.

Face it KDR means nothing in this game anyone can hide back and pick off while their team get smashed, truly good players get out that plasma pistol and go tank hunting.

Sorry for the rant but in short if you were beaten they were better so time for you to improve..................

Again, read my post.

I never, not once said I wasn't beaten because they weren't better. I said I'm being matched with people who are far better and are making the game unplayable for me and the whole point of this thread was to figure out if anyone else had this problem or if anyone knew how 343 did the trueskill in this game. How am I supposed to go hunting for tanks with the PP if I die as soon as I spawn? I only used my K/D to let people know that I was just complaining because I was that terrible at the game. I know I have a lot of room to improve, I said so in my first post.

I don't care if a match is hard, I don't care if I go negative, I do care if nearly every single game is more frustrating then fun.

Why do you people not read? I said I'd rather have fun, but I'm NOT having fun because I'm being completely outmatched. I could care less if my K/D was garbage and I was having fun, but what's happening is I'm doing average or poorly AND NOT HAVING FUN. This hasn't happened in any of the other Halo's. In Halo 3 my K/D was like .50 and I didn't care one bit. My K/D is like 1.50 in Reach, that's great. It's like 1.90 here and that's great as well except unlike the others I'm not having fun. Yesterday I was matched against a bunch of randoms, two of whom got over 25 kills and no deaths. They weren't cheating, they were just good. And I didn't even get close to even breaking their shields they were so good at strafing. Not to mention that same day where I died about 15 times in a row within 3 seconds of me spawning. And these match ups happen to me on a regular basis.

And for the record, you're talking to someone who spent an entire match yesterday stalking a person with Camo. I play to have fun.

For the record, I believed this post was about our feelings on matchmaking skill, not just you.

Also, because you tend to immediately go defensive mode and call my comments a "rant", I will henceforce avoid any response to your ideas. No disrespect intended.

Again, have fun.

Then I apologize for not wording my OP correctly then and I apologize for calling it a rant. I don't view the word rant always in a negative manner which is why I said rant, it's the same as saying "snip" meaning "I don't want to post the entire thing here again"

I've spent basically the entire thread defending myself from people who aren't reading the OP and a person who told me to kill myself so I'm a bit irritated and I did not mean to offend you.

From what i can see the OP is complaining because he wants to have fun but in a noncompetitive fashion. And when hes lucky enough to play people "so" great he makes bad decisions due to frustration which just adds onto itself because of the game hes in.

Bro yu must either have cheated, camped or have good ass skills to have a 2.0 k/d. My k/d is like 900 kills above my deaths, not as great as many but i know that no matter who comes my way i can hold my own in a definitive fashion. This game to me is soo competitives due to the quick deaths, crapload of power weapon opportunity, and rifles that are given to every single player. Its like a game to survive over getting kills even more than ever.

The problem you have has to be that your a hot-head that cant stand being outplayed. Im sorry man but everyone asked to get placed with people of equal or greater skill level. If it bothers you soo much then play slayer pro. In there at least you wont be overwhelmed with power weapons as much.

The game is fun as heck to me. before a game starts i look at my loadouts and i am unsure if its going to help me in every single situation so i plan to make up for the feeling that my loadouts arent perfect with my skills. its very challenging for me not to feel pressured while playing war games, but then again thats the whole point now isnt it. To play an FPS thats going to challenge me to my limit against every opponent. Halo does that for me and i love it.

So like either get better, dont overreact to excessive dying (because its something that everyone at some point goes through in Halo), or just play customs or a less challenging playlist. To me your just "mad bro". Lol