What do you like and dislike about Halo 4?

hollowpts

Things i like

-Design and visuals of most maps

-Variety of weapons

-Graphics

-Mantis and other vehicles

-Campaign and forge

-Balance of AAs and perks

-Gametype selections

-Commendations/armor customization

What i dislike

-No skill ranking

-Poor smaller sized maps selection

-In general, you die too fast

-Connection issues

-In-game service record not in-depth

-Ordinances/ lacks of fixed spawn weapons

-Delay in pulling up weapon after sprinting

Pros:

- This game is probably unlike any other Halo game i've ever played (In a good way - It keeps things fresh)

- New gametypes (Dominion & Regicide) are pretty awesome

- Promethian weapons are pretty cool as well - again, keeping things fresh

- Campaign is a fair length & isn't impossible to beat on Legendary

- Sprint is available as a default now, instead of being an armor ability

Cons:

- Not nearly enough maps

- Co-op campaign still lags like hell

- Numerical ranking, as opposed to levels (Sergeant, General, etc.)

- Spartan Ops is kinda disappointing as well (would have been fine with more Firefight)

- Hit detection in Matchmaking is a bit off at times

- File sharing/browsing doesn't work AT ALL

- No search preferences - a step back from the Halo: Reach matchmaking system

Other than those few cons, I am enjoying this new game a lot more than I thought I would. I was pretty skeptical about how good this game would be with 343 at the helm, and I have to admit that I was surprised by their work.

Likes-

-Basic formula

-Decent map selection

-Fantastic Graphics

-Short but sweet campaign (Legendary was a bit too easy compared to other installments, however.)

-Promethean weapons and enemies are hella cool

-Matchmaking is generally fun

-Balance of loadout system

Dont like-

-COD host migration system (lots of lag)

-Basic features unreleased (File browser, full list of specializations)

-DXP promotions

-Ranking system in general

-Regicide challenges

-Power weapon spawns are weird, dissappear after a few seconds, available from ordinance (to an extent)

-Lack of matchmaking maps and gamemodes

-Lack of variety in armor (Halo 3 was the best armor-wise)

Single Player

Spartan Ops

Multiplayer in General

The fact that every weapon is usable.

Love the Ranking system. Your skill is shown by your actual skill in a game, not by a gold star going "YOUR SPECIALLY GOOD"

Dislikes:

The number of freaking person you shoot at who run away. Or they manage to escape regardless. Extermely irritating and made possible with sprint being standard.

Absolutely infuriating how fast your weapons disapear when you die. Got a sniper with 16 shots? Too bad, ten seconds and gone.

Host migration sucks.

campaign

graphics

Dislike

Spartan ops can't play with 4 people.

instant respawning

Cod Like multiplayer

random weapon drops

no weapons on the map

throwing me into losing games

Br underpowered

Ar overpowered

sprint

hardly any skill diffirential

lack of custom gamestypes

few maps

bad playlist

camo overpowered

promeaten vision overpowered

What i dislike

-No skill ranking

-Poor smaller sized maps selection

-In general, you die too fast

-Connection issues

-In-game service record not in-depth

-Ordinances/ lacks of fixed spawn weapons

-Delay in pulling up weapon after sprinting

Skill rank coming, more maps coming, if you die too fast, get better, most in-depth service record in-game in a Halo game ever, Slayer Pro to eliminate ordinance and get fixed weapon spawns, delay in pulling up after sprinting is good for the game.

Spartan ops can't play with 4 people.

I play with four people all the time. Your connection must be bad.

instant respawning

Only in some gametypes, what difference does it make?

Cod Like multiplayer

Oh no, sprint and fast reloads. Automaticaly like COD.

random weapon drops

Are you upset that you can't camp for rockets anymore?

no weapons on the map

Do you even play the game?

throwing me into losing games

Sucks but oh well.

Br underpowered

That explains why I kill people with it. That explains why lots of people kill me with it.

Ar overpowered

Oh no, a weapon you don't like is usable. OP.

sprint

People running away from every fight is annoying.

hardly any skill diffirential

Yeah okay. I guess all those people going 30-10 every game have no skill.

lack of custom gamestypes

Touche, though more are coming they should've been included.

few maps

You mean the same amount nearly every Halo game comes out?

bad playlist

Always starts off like this ever since Halo 2

camo overpowered

Not really.

promeaten vision overpowered

Annoying, not overpowered. That giant pulse on your radar whenever someone uses it? So overpowered.

I'm not attacking you for not thinking Halo 4 isn't perfect, but these sound more like the complaints of someone who doesn't like it when they aren't able to go 30 and 0 every game.

Skill rank coming, more maps coming, if you die too fast, get better, most in-depth service record in-game in a Halo game ever, Slayer Pro to eliminate ordinance and get fixed weapon spawns, delay in pulling up after sprinting is good for the game.

I Have a friend with a 4+ k/d ratio in most cod games yet he thinks you die too fast. Doesnt mean you need to get better.

Hello guys, first off let me say, this game is fantastic. I was beyond disappointed in Halo Reach, but I think 343 has redeemed the series with Halo 4. I love the fact that they went back to Halo 3 style combat. The weapons and loadout system work very well with this game. The sound and graphics are unparalleled. I also think the armor selection is superb as is the unlock system for emblems, weapons, and armor. The campaign is perfect in my opinion. I love this game, but I do, however, have a few gripes. I don't like the ranking system in this game, or in Halo Reach. Nearly every player I have talked to agrees that 343 should go back to the original Halo 3 ranking system. Even the MLG pros agree on this point. Another problem I have is the fact that players can stay in scope when they are getting shot. One of my biggest dislikes in this game is the lack of an X mark shown on teammate deaths. I was absolutely shocked when I found out this key feature was removed. Weapons disappear too quickly. I found that when I had a sniper rifle, and was killed, I would respawn within seconds and return to my body and the rifle would be gone. Vehicles splatter too easily, this needs to be fixed. My final gripe is that there is no team doubles or rumble pit in matchmaking (hopefully this is only temporary).

Regards,

Corey

I won't touch on Campaign, because I feel it's more subjective. Also I enjoyed it a lot.

Pros:

Graphics (Insane Campagin graphics, and epic cutscenes)

Wealth of Weapons/ Loadouts

Perks are not game breaking/changing

You can have almost everything by level 30. You can have ANYTHING by level 60.

Maps are competitive and spaced well

Cons: (Luckily, many of these are fixable)

Spartan Ops's lack of any challenge/tension because of inv. lives

Lack of classic gametypes (Juggernaut, Assault, VIP)

Possible issues with AA balance

Uneven match starts

Lack of assymetrical gamertypes on assymetrical maps

Lack of custom games options (Eliminations, Infection settings, Race)

Would have liked to see audiable notificatinos for ordinance

Personal Ordinance too random/unbalanced? (Getting needler, speed boost, or plasmas one time, and Sniper, damage boost, and saw another time)

Lack of playlists (Doubles, Snipers)

Lack of maps, even though they have on disc maps waiting to be used that are not (I don't understand this), and why is Ragnarock not 4v4

I know I have more cons here, but thats because its harder to define what's good. My overall response to the game is very good. I hope they continue to work with the game and improve it. I also hope they listen to the (rather small) parts of the fan base that want more custom games options. The amount of fun I can have with customs can really magnify with just a few settings that are sadly absent. (Elimination rules, VIP)

Pro's:

-Graphics

-Campain Story

-New weapons and vehicles

-Maps generally well designed

-Spartan Ops

-Custom Loadouts (Yes, I actually like it. Not that I missed it in the passed games, but a game needs to change now and then).

-Dominion

-CTF changes

-Instant respawning on slayer game types\

-Join in progress system

Cons:

-Hardlight Shield

-Binary Rifle

-DMR being a bit OP when compared to BR (DMR is much more versitile and has a faster kill time).

-Spawning with Boltshot (he beats me up close while I have a sword with his off-spawn secondary :S)

-Game modes (more are coming but we should have more by release)

-Campaign was kinda short and Legendary pretty easy.

-Random weapon drops

-Regicide

clearly your not a competivie gamer if you think this game takes skill i mostly go postive. maybe 1.5-2.0 per game i should be going 3.0+ but i can't or hardly anyone because you are constantly punished for surviving in this game. i can make a vaild arguement for everything i have explained yet you try to attack when your probably not that amazing judging by your silly remarks. i have no problem with the ar when its close range but when im top mid on haven and hes right ramp and he can kill me faster then my br can kill him theres a problem. the br is underpowered even tho i win 8/10 br fights.

clearly your not a competivie gamer if you think this game takes skill i mostly go postive. maybe 1.5-2.0 per game i should be going 3.0+ but i can't or hardly anyone because you are constantly punished for surviving in this game. i can make a vaild arguement for everything i have explained yet you try to attack when your probably not that amazing judging by your silly remarks. i have no problem with the ar when its close range but when im top mid on haven and hes right ramp and he can kill me faster then my br can kill him theres a problem. the br is underpowered even tho i win 8/10 br fights.

BR kills faster than the AR assuming you shoot him first, or at the same time, and don't miss a shot.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only issues I have with this game are small ones. A compendium of small ones, to be exact.

-Maps are static, and are just Geometry, unlike previous halo titles.

-Spawning with precision weapons can be fun, but also a pain in the ass when the other team is a bunch of try-hards who are right at home at the start of the match.

-Weapons dropped from players staying on map for less than 15 seconds

-Extremely powerful Ordinance is a double edged sword. It can be fun at times, but on BTB, power weapons from drops really de-value vehicles.

-Not enough small maps

-Lag, while temporary until 343 gets it sorted out, can be a nuisance.

-No X's over dead teammates, only on radar.

Otherwise, it's a breath of fresh air in the series.

Likes... well,

variety in gameplay and playlists. They're not all slayer, and there are a lot of different ways to play any one game

kill times offer a fast paced game and counteract sprint and several other defensive AAs.

JIP. Not so much because it jumps you into random games, but because most of the time they're 1 minute in, and it gives you the option of quitting if you don't like the map if you get a queu.

Instant respawn on btb

Dominion

Forge Maps

Banshee maneouverability

Easily destructable vehicles. IT's good that they don't allow complete map dominance anymore.

Rating system. It seems to me there are a lot of very close games in halo 4. Some of that may be due to the deminished emphasis on map control, though conversely I rarely feel like I can't compete with the other team.

Power weapons are ballanced

Dislikes

Plasma nades... it's far, far too easy to stick someone in this game.

Boltshot makes camping so rediculously easy

Instant respawn in 4v4 ruins gameplay

Promethean vision in objective gametypes is overpowered. Its range must be nerfed.

The dmr should probably be nerfed. There's a bit too much of a crossover between the br and it.

Spartan ops cliche characters and lack of heart until recently.

A few issues where I think the campaign could have been improved immensely.

lack of 4v4, btb maps until update

I like:

All loadout system

Condecorations system

Most of the multiplayer play list

All customisation system

Rank and specialization system

Most epic campaing

Great graphics and omfg awersome music

I hate

Really 343? no firefight?

Unbalanced rifles

Abc config for matchmaking games

Constant host migration and no servers for spartan ops.

Low veicles durability

And much more i like and i hate but it is just a little details almost bugs