Halo 4 is the biggest disapointment to ever grace the Xbox 360.

Baeztoberfest

You know what I liked about reach? You could play however YOU wanted to play. Any armor you chose like AL, JP, or AC was just something to accent your skill.

Halo 4 doesn't do that. They force you to play like a complete tool and choose a DMR/BR and the forerunner pistol to achieve anything. You can't rely on mobility. Vehicles are WAY to bulky and easy to shoot down. (Minus the ghost). The mantis can't aim worth a crap and its rockets take too long to charge.

Team slayer isn't much better playing the same craptastic maps over and over and over again with no hope of victory because of you're not starting out on a losing team you get stuck with a losing team. It's ENTIRELY to easy to get an assist for all your hard work. How do you get an assist with a grenade?

Poor game mechanics that's how. I can shoot these dudes in the head 5 or 6 times and NOTHING. They have time (according to their kill cam) to switch to an AR and kill me from long range. I'm calling BULL on that.

If I'm not on a team with a bunch of selfish kill stealing ******** I'm completely outmanned and outgunned because I'm trying to play the game how I want to not because some developers are stupid and say their favorite guns have to be the best.... GTFO of here...

Spartan ops is rumored to have to pay for it!? You're gonna make me pay for a bunch of recycled campaign maps? You must think I'm either rich or a dumbass. It's not even that great. Just because you throw a million enemies at me at once doesn't make anything about replaying the same crap "epic".

The only thing worth while is the campaign. Gears of war 3 was the same thing. Damn good campaign but after people got the shotgun roll down forget playing anything "competitive". I'm only using that as a comparison to the level of crap that is Halo 4.

War games is seriously the most flawed game mode to ever be played in my house. I'm selling it tomorrow. I sincerely wished I hadn't traded in so many of my games for this crap.

If its not the lag that kills me it's the same stupid guys with the same WAY overpowered super weapons...

Every one of the armor abilities blows. I can't see these guys on my TV when they have AC on but somehow they can run COMPLETELY from one end of the map to where I'm at and kill me. I watched the damn kill cam. There's no way he could've known I was there unless he saw through my camo. And yet everyone else is so invisible.

I know my hand eye coordination isn't bad. I was a 50 in Halo 3 and I had a 1.23 K/D in Halo Reach with over 33,000 kills. That's pretty standard. Halo 4 I have a 1.1 K/D ratio and bluntly I even think THAT is BS. I get killed 20 times a map usually. It's like everyone forgets there's THREE other Spartans on the battlefield.

Now I'm not asking to be the best. I know I'm far from it. I'm asking for a fighting chance the way I WOULD LIKE TO DO IT. Not be forces to play like some cookie cutter gamer to stand a chance because I have to use some crappy gun that to be honest sounds like nails on a chalk board to me.

Of course this is just my humble opinion. I'll probably dupe myself into thinking its an okay game and try again tomorrow and end up rage quitting because I rediscover how stupid this game really is. So pissed off that I looked forward to this game coming out for years and to me it's the biggest letdown I've ever played. At least the story was good... Sad to say that's all it had going for it though...

Edited by Vitamin PWN
removed foul language

Halo 4 makes you rely on anything, that be vehicles, heavy weaponry, stealth, and so on. So one point down, a lot more to go.

Every Halo game except maybe H3 was like this, remember Reach and H2? You didn't have tremendous amounts of maps to play on. And you say you're always on the losing team, and that people never win? What about the winning team? Ever thought of that?grenades take down shields, so a teammate can headshot a shield less person, therefore, assist, as annoying as it may be.

Ok, that's your problem, either 1. You are just generally bad at the game, or they're better than you. Or 2. It's lagging on one of your connections, if not both.

No, wrong. The general population of H4 are not kill stealers, if anything they're aren't even that good at the game, and are learning. The devs also aren't bias when creating weapons, otherwise the game wouldn't sell well, and wouldn't get high scores as it had received.

You DO NOT pay for Spartan OPs. You ONLY pay for XBL Gold subscription and an Internet connection, that's all.

Campaign was good for Halo 4, but since I have never played GoW3, I cannot comment on that point.

War Games is the MOST balanced multiplayer for any Halo, maybe with the exception of Halo: Wars. That was even playing field for everyone, but not many people liked that game :/

You know powerful weapons have been in Halo since the beginning, and no weapon has beaten the Halo CE pistol for power. So, yeah, you should probably know they're in the game, and it's you duty to work around it.

Again, you're over exaggerating, no one can run from one side of the map to another and kill you except if it was on Haven and they had Promethean vision, even then it's almost impossible. And then, AC is VERY easy to see if you know what you're looking for, the invisibility warps the background ...science for a moment, just like a blackhole. So if you know that, it's easy as pi.

Yet again, this is your problem, I was never a 50 in H3. Because I wasn't good, and I admit that. In Halo: Reach I was a KD of 1.53 then I am now suck on 1.38 on competitive which I mainly played. Now in H4 I had a KD of around 1.89-1.96. It has now stayed on 1.76 for a while. So this is proof that things change, and you need to adapt.

My suggestion is use the DMR a lot, it is over powered and will most likely be nerfed yes, but since you're complaining it should get you a lot of kills, if it doesn't. You aren't very skilful since it is one of the most powerful weapons in the game.

In end, I must say most of this is your fault, and you should look to making yourself a better player. No matter how cheesy I made that sound as. H4 isn't a fail of a game, since it has been of one the most successful FPS ever on a console. So, good luck if you do play again, tough luck if you don't. I'll still be having fun I know.

Edited by Azaxx
  • Like 4

You should not be on this website because you suck at Halo 4 and your mad all the time because you have no friends and lose every game on Halo 4!

That was immature and uncalled for. I'll be back to talk it out MATURELY tomorrow but for now I think I should cool off and sleep. My brain hurts and I keep thinking of immaterial arguing points. But I will address this comment as a personal attack on me for having an opinion you don't agree with and that's extremely inappropriate. Thanks for making it obvious to everyone.

• Like 1

From what I gather, you seem to be noob that simply rages because he/she sucks. But in a more respectful fashion....

This is an entirely new game. There are some similarities to Halo 3, but generally, the feel is quite different. I had difficulties at first playing and admittedly got very frustrated, but alas that has passed and I've grown accustomed to the playstyle. Unlike what you've inferred, I have observed that any gun works if you know how to use it.

The loadout guns are balanced by the perks and loadouts. For instance, I use an AR with Active Camo because i think that is some really fun ****. I"ve had people rage over the fact that I use the "nooby" AR and still win, but really I just know how to use the Camo well enough to get close enough while they panic with their BRs and such. With power weapons, you have to earn them by placement or ordnance and the other team can still steal them so it's more balanced than you think. Plus the power weapons in Halo are VERY situational. Rockets have long reloads and limited clips while shotguns are very close quarters. And what it all comes down to is that you're only one guy on a battlefield after all and can die quite easily. Teamwork > everything else.

The more variables there are in a game, the more strategy it takes. Now people who have more coordination are at a lesser advantage, although it is still a useful skill to have. Learn to adapt.

That was immature and uncalled for. I'll be back to talk it out MATURELY tomorrow but for now I think I should cool off and sleep. My brain hurts and I keep thinking of immaterial arguing points. But I will address this comment as a personal attack on me for having an opinion you don't agree with and that's extremely inappropriate. Thanks for making it obvious to everyone.

He was definitely trolling. It's funny because that's probably what everyone is thinking when your original post was made.

• Like 3

I got it removed, well. Half did the work. It was immature yes, and shouldn't have been posted.

Thank you for your opinion. Feel free to leave if you don't like the game. I'm sorry it didn't fit your needs or meet your expectactions, but you can't always get what you want. Sometimes you just need to learn how to adapt. Now if you would excuse me, I'm gonna keep enjoying Halo 4 which is a great game!

People talk about how unbalanced the game is and how OP everything is, how weak and useless vehicles are, that the Mantis can't be used effectively, etc. and then someone else comes online and posts a video like this:

How is it that for some people the game is awesome, well balanced, and versatile, whereas for others it's virtually unplayable? Could it be that everyone is a little different and the reality of the game is somewhat more subjective than people would like to believe?

Either way... what I do when I consistently lose at a game like Halo 4 is this. I either play until I get better, or I just satisfy myself with leveling up as far as I can and then go back to campaign co-op or a mode like Spartan Ops. It's not life or death that I become proficient at a multiplayer shooter. But that's me. I'm not a particularly competitive individual, so...

Is it really worth everyone constantly arguing about it?Can we not simply accept that some people are severely disappointed by the game, and that they have a right to say so, but that others also thoroughly enjoy it?

I'm definitely more level headed than I was yesterday but I'm still sticking to my guns.

First and foremost I'll be the first to agree that I do in fact somehow suck at Halo 4. Maybe my skills are aging and I used to be better. The series did start out 10 years ago. But now I'll throw out some arguing points and facts that I think might help validate my rant.

All Halo's before Halo 4 had slower combat. And by that, I mean they didn't have the explosive action gameplay that 4 has. That being said the ability to be methodical on a close quarters combat basis seem moot to me. It was easier to be an in your face player on Halo Reach because not everyone had sprint. You could even go into armor lock if you wanted. (All judgement aside) so the abilities really accented your play style. It was easy to be that one man army.

With a quickened combat dialogue you are forces to engage in far more hostile matches and much faster lethal situations you just didn't find yourself in in previous games. I am debating on wether my skill and target acquisition has deminished, or if its just the fact a new developer took the game mechanics into a whole new direction, unfamiliar to anyone at this point.

I'll agree with the arguing point that adaptation is required to prove yourself. But the long end of it is if you aren't good today, you probably won't wake up good tomorrow. Let me take it a step further and ask anyone of the numerous commentators who simply say "adapt" to explain yourselves. What does that even mean? Get used to it? To dying repeatedly with flawed game mechanics? Flawed is a relative term used in my opinion of being forces to use the DMR primarily to succeed in combat. That's not adaptation. That's reconciling that all other weapons (excluding power weapons) are inferior and developers wouldn't give a fighting chance to players who play differently.

In regards to spartan ops, I was referring to future installments being something you have to pay for. Of course now it's free but everything I've read online (rumor mill) it will eventually cost money to continue the story.

The campaign was excellent. I won't go into details about the ending but I'm so glad they took the series where it seemed bungie was afraid to go after all those years. My only complaint was the cinematic play through. I'll use the elevator as an example or even the end scene with Didact. They spent a decade convincing me John was a legendary super soldier unsurpassed in skill by anyone ever and now through me using either a grenade or jumping in an elevator I'm supposed to believe it? I likened the whole experience to when you fought off General Shepard at the end of MW2. Certainly they are moving in that direction and that's not what I'm familiar with. Once again that's just preference but what is fact is game dynamics have changes CONSIDERABLY.

Spartan ops and campaign will not rank you up. To advance further and unlock cool stuff (same as CoD) you have to engage in multiplayer which apparently I'm too NOOBY, or too UNSKILLED to enjoy. Is that my fault? Or is that the fault of developers for making something I'm not good at?

I say that because it is in fact a new developing team doing something that hasn't been done before. Halo 4 is its own entity unlike any other that share the franchise name. That being said it is accountable for only it's precedings and how well it's player base can "adapt". I'm still by sure what that means...

I'm not trolling, I'm merely pointing out differences in the game that has evolved into a whole new genre. And how it has affected veteran Halo players alike. I honestly don't care if I'm the best. But unless someone can point out what exactly adapting constitutes as and how it can be implemented? I won't consider that an option because basically what you're saying is "deal with the fact you suck". And that's not something I'm comfortable spending $60 on. These are my reasons (albeit opinionated) as to why these major differences have blemishes an otherwise perfect franchise.

And I'd like to edit you CAN rank up through spartan ops I was referring to an offline experience.

ive played with baeztober and hes good sooo yeah..... and also everybody the BR and DMR are sort of balanced, you just need to be good with the BR to win.

Aww :( but you're still gonna play war games every now and then right? Cause if we play I don't think I can go back to reach

me niether

Most dissapointing? Ah, c'mon man. Not sure if your just trolling, or serious. There are far, FAR more dissapointing titles on the 360....

The argument could be made that it is a dissapointing Halo game, and perhaps it is (I think so, but it has some good to it as well). Taken out of context, it is a very good console FPS. But, it does not live in a vacuum, it exists along with the other Halo games. And in that respect, I think it falls short in many areas. It is still a 'good' game though.

I will say this though- (and might make a seperate post), I don't think I've ever played as much MP since the 1st halo. But that is a function of a lack of replayability (and bevity) in the main campaign more then anything else.

Even taken in the context of the other halo games, I 'still' would not rank it as most dissapointing 360 release of even the year. (ME3 would probably take that crown). Then again, I haven't played Warfighter yet.......

I wasn't being arrogant when I said to explain the whole "adapt" thing. I'm seriously open to advice if someone can explain it. Or even explain why they said it.

To me it was only so disappointing because my hopes were so high.

Here is one way for I would adapt in MY playstyle.

I am a sniper, so I am VERY defensive when it comes to games like CTF and BTIS/BTB. If made to adapt, I could try new weapons, be stealthy, get into vehicles mores. More or less changing the gamestyle to how I play. Which does make you a better player. But luckily for me, I am quite good sniping/marksman, that I do not need to adapt since I get a lot of kills per game.

Here is one way for I would adapt in MY playstyle.

I am a sniper, so I am VERY defensive when it comes to games like CTF and BTIS/BTB. If made to adapt, I could try new weapons, be stealthy, get into vehicles mores. More or less changing the gamestyle to how I play. Which does make you a better player. But luckily for me, I am quite good sniping/marksman, that I do not need to adapt since I get a lot of kills per game.

That's always I thought. I'll give it a go and see where I'm at.

What you have to adapt to is the speed if the game, but you can't forget the fact that Spartans have shields either. In previous games it seemed that each player more or less ran at each other while shooting, and if given the oppurtunity they would beat the other person to death.

This is not the case anymore and that run gorward and shoot strategy is gone. What you need to do is strade off to the sides while keeping your accuracy, it seems to work for me. Plus people seem to be smart and go in teams opposed to attacking by themselves, so be aware of this and know that dying will be common. Just try and get at least one kill before each death.

Also don't be scared to run away when you are being attacked from long distances, usually if you are hit first you will die. And choose your ordinance wisely, you don't always have to get the weapon.

What you have to adapt to is the speed if the game, but you can't forget the fact that Spartans have shields either. In previous games it seemed that each player more or less ran at each other while shooting, and if given the oppurtunity they would beat the other person to death.

This is not the case anymore and that run gorward and shoot strategy is gone. What you need to do is strade off to the sides while keeping your accuracy, it seems to work for me. Plus people seem to be smart and go in teams opposed to attacking by themselves, so be aware of this and know that dying will be common. Just try and get at least one kill before each death.

Also don't be scared to run away when you are being attacked from long distances, usually if you are hit first you will die. And choose your ordinance wisely, you don't always have to get the weapon.

Depending on map range... For Ragnarok sniping weapons tend to do me the best or splaser to wreck vehicles. On cqc maps I'll go with a scattershot, sword, or over shield.

In almost every previous Halo game I've been excellent in cqc. Now (besides flood) it seems my greatest strength has turned into my greatest weakness.

In almost every previous Halo game I've been excellent in cqc. Now (besides flood) it seems my greatest strength has turned into my greatest weakness.

See here, this is exactly why your skill has seemed to have dropped. CQC has changed dramatically to a secondary form of combat opposed to a primary form.

CQC is still viable is just isn't exclusive. I roll AR all day...I can use precision weapons I just prefer the rumble of a good spray. It is like other people have said though, to succeed you need to be more cautious, use your teammates and environments, as well as AA's to your advantage and you should do fine. Also you have a magnum...it aint too shabby at mid range.