What do you want the Halo 4 ranking system to be like (Poll)

Mr Muffins 7

Halo 4 ranking system   

75 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the halo 4 ranking system to be like

• Halo 3 winning for experince
    • Halo reach credit system
    • A hybrid of both?
    • Halo 2 system

Definetely a hybrid of both in which it takes skill to reach the higher ranks rather lots and lots of playing grunt apocalypse and such. I still think they should keep the credit system since it was a great idea for buying armor but it shouldn't affect your leveling up. I'm not sure how halo 2's ranking system worked but apparently lots of people liked that so I would say halo 2's ranking system plus credits from halo reach.

Hybrid of both for sure, credits for winning and skill in game for armor(plus achievements for special pieces of armor like halo3). Level like the Halo3 winning system but you don't loose rank or anything, but only by quitting. and you loose ranked playlists by losing. My opinion.

please comment and add your suggestion

Halo reach is not fair with the credit system sometimes i get more credits when i lose! bungie should gave gave winning teams a 500 credit bouns , that would've made people get in teams and actually try to win.

I think the system should be like this. If you win you get 500cr and then you get commnendation credits and the slot should work, not by luck, but by the games you win, the more u win and not quit the higher slot u get, that will also make people not quit and get in team and make halo a team game. reach is all about yourself, it doesnt matter if u win or loose cus u will still get about the same amount of credits.

Along with the credits there should be experience point that will help you rank up, cus credits for rank is dumb. if you win you get 1 xp. if u loose u get none, kinda like halo 3. and yes, the 1-50 leveling system should be brought back, its not the perfect system but it is the best ranking system by far.

You win 500cr,commendation credits,slot and 1 xp

you lose 100cr,commendation credits,slot and no xp

halo needs to be a game about skill again, if you want to buy armor play alot and get credits but real halo players that want to play hardcore and in a ranking system shouldn't just get credits to buy armor cus honestly i dont care about armor.

the credits you wina re for armor and the skill and xp are for your rank, thats a perfect system.

i think that they should have something where your skill the the game determins the amount of credits you recieve. no more slot machine, completion bonus ext. you should get bonuses for each kill you get and each medal. i mean i really HATE to make halo anything like COD but i think that the cod exp could work for halo 4. where if you get a headshot, killing spree, multikills, ext. you get extra credits, and the credits are sitll how you would rank up. i think that this could work.

Hi guys. In my opinion I think Halo 4's ranking system should be a combination of halo 2, halo 3 and halo: Reach.

The credit system is nice. Buying new armor to make your guy look different is a big plus for replay value to some. Climbing the service ranks are also appealing to alot of players. I believe this should be kept the way it is or tweaked just a little here and there.

With that being said there is the issue of not having independant ranks per playlist. Which I think is very important to a lot of people and I miss it a lot. Halo 2 had it closest to fair between itself and Halo 3. It should be on a consecutive win basis that you rank up. You have to win (x) amount of games to rank up or (x) amount of games in a row to rank up.

To be fair winning a game against players who have a significantly better W/L ratio than you, should get you ranked up faster than the average player. Unfortunately this idea had its flaws and was abused, in Halo 3. Not only could you get to a 50 in under 50 games with a deranker on your team, but it also made players who started off as noobs unable to reclaim their deserved ranks. By that I mean that they ruin their win/loss ratio in the early stages of them playing and can no longer achieve a 50 in a playlist without the help of a deranker. Even if they have significantly increased their own personal skill level.

In the end the important thing is to make sure that both new players and veterans are heard when making a new Halo. Matchmaking and campaign alike.

I hope that Halo 4 is the best Halo we have seen since the second one. :]

Definetely a hybrid of both in which it takes skill to reach the higher ranks rather lots and lots of playing grunt apocalypse and such. I still think they should keep the credit system since it was a great idea for buying armor but it shouldn't affect your leveling up. I'm not sure how halo 2's ranking system worked but apparently lots of people liked that so I would say halo 2's ranking system plus credits from halo reach.

yeah dude u have a good point here. i loved halo 2 ranking halo 3 was goood 2 but i think bungie would do something new thats what should be done here combo of both or maybe something else new skill based

I think the credit system used for reach would be good to unlock armor and things, the ranking system used for halo 3 would be good to show what ranking you are, ex: commander, general etc. and a number level system (1-50) just like in halo 2 would be a perfect combination. The reason why I say 1-50 from halo 2 instead of halo 3 is because the halo 2's 1-50 system was much more difficult to get to 50, and if you went online (bungie.net)at the time now it'll either be here or somewhere else you could check your experience bar to determine how much more exp you need in order to go up to the next level.

i think that when you win, you can get credits, say, up to 500 creds. nothing for losing, but the better you do, the more creds you get. firefight should have its own SEPERATE ranking system because part of the reason i stopped playing reach was because you saw nobles who were noobs and only used firefight to boost there rank. but in halo 3, you saw a 5-star general, you better have him on your team.

i think a true skill ranking system is needed for halo 4. there is no benefit from winning in reach but too much cheating in halo 3.

i suggest a ranking system 1-50, 5 wins in a row to go up 5 loses in a row to go down. this way boosters quitters and restarters dont benefit. ppl with high xp go up the same as low xp ppl. bad teammates would only cost you your win streak and not your rank unless u already had a 4 lose streaks. this would also slow the time speed of getting a 50

the halo 3 ranking system was so stupid, i would get matched with like level 40's when i was only level 20, match making has always cursed me, i had my friend play with my guy in a ranked match and he said it was 50 times harder than his player. On to the reach ranking system, my friend dropped his memory card in a bowl of water so he lost all his stuff, he did this 3 months ago, we were the same rank in reach until then, i have barely played much since, but he played so much he is a higher rank than me now. It should be your rank in a game combined with other ranks so if your teamates stink you dont get put down, combined with your stats in that game therefor if you were playing slayer and you had 5 kills and rank sergeant, and your teamates were privates and had 2 kills you would still get a good total score. here is the matrix. 5 points for winning

5 point for every kill

-4 points for every death

6 points for every style kill

-5 points for every style death

-10 points for losing

every ten points you have you gain a tier.

5 tiers in private rank

6 tiers in private grade 2.

ect. ect.