The boltshot.

Kiing 0f Coffe

If you have played halo 4 yet. You might have noticed getting one-hit by a secondary. Although, you cant just sit there with it fully charged,the ability to one shot with a secondary is kind of odd. It is easy to blame the weapon in the middle of a game but is it truly over - powered? If so, how would you fix it? Other than this and the DMR being better than the battle rifle and the random ordanince drops, 343 has done very well with this game! I hope to see 343 respond to these type of threads and keep a strong relationship with the community. Edit: It is very annoying getting killed by an 8-year-old spamming the bolt shot all game.

It probably should be fixed

Edited by Kiing 0f Coffe
  • Like 2

I would say it could be nerfed a bit (even though I love using it). Seems like you could balance it by not allowing the player to fire it early, but only letting the gun release itself. At the moment, there is like a 2 second window that you can hold it fully charged.

I'm going to agree here and say that the Boltshot has been more ire since first throwing down in the War Games.

I don't mind being assassinated by a camper. It's to be expected, but when I am hit with that pistol. It makes me rage beyond what I thought capable. I've even given it my own little epithet that would be best not shared on the forum. I don't wish to offend, but let's just say. It's not a pretty phrase, but it does help alleviate some of the annoyance felt by my opponents who use that rage weapon.

Though all the weapons except for the AR could use a bit of serious tweakage in some regards towards damage, bloom, or range.

My opinion is that the charge should blow through a solid clip instead of a small chunk. I mean, if the Plasma pistol would require a cool down, why not the Bolt Pistol?

• Like 1

i dunno, i dont use boltshot much if at all, it requires extremely close range to one hit kill, and a charge up time that is animated. taking half its ammo in hte process.

I could see maybe it taking full ammo so it requires a reload, and less shots possible. but i dont think it having the ability to one shot at near point blank range is exactly a bad thing, especially with its wind up allowing you to take evasive actions.

just my opinion tho. i havent played with it enough to develop any concrete feelings.

Not true on the point blank range, I've been at full shields and gotten killed by it further than point blank range.

"relatively" point blank range, the spread is actually kinda random, not hte same everytime, so there is a chance of it oneshotting you from further away, tho the chance, like i said is random, and not very far.

If you have played halo 4 yet. You might have noticed getting one-hit by a secondary. Although, you cant just sit there with it fully charged,the ability to one shot with a secondary is kind of odd. It is easy to blame the weapon in the middle of a game but is it truly over - powered? If so, how would you fix it? Other than this and the DMR being better than the battle rifle and the random ordanince drops, 343 has done very well with this game! I hope to see 343 respond to these type of threads and keep a strong relationship with the community. Edit: It is very annoying getting killed by an 8-year-old spamming the bolt shot all game.

It probably should be fixed

It is funny when people complain about getting killed by someone that has figured out how to use a specific weapon.

Let us put it this way, i am boss with a DMR, apart from power weapons, it is all i use. I got killed a few times with the Boltshot, i thought holy crap i need to give this a shot. I used the Boltshot for a day with next to no success, maybe a couple kills.

Moral of the story is, i am a good player at mid to long range. Put me close range and i am quite garbage, so i play within my strengths. Somebody else might be garbage at mid range and beyond, and need weapons cos they dominate at close range. If the Boltshot is OP at close range, well then the DMR is OP at midrange, and the Sniper is OP at long range and you should take them all out of the game.

It is funny when people complain about getting killed by someone that has figured out how to use a specific weapon.

Let us put it this way, i am boss with a DMR, apart from power weapons, it is all i use. I got killed a few times with the Boltshot, i thought holy crap i need to give this a shot. I used the Boltshot for a day with next to no success, maybe a couple kills.

Moral of the story is, i am a good player at mid to long range. Put me close range and i am quite garbage, so i play within my strengths. Somebody else might be garbage at mid range and beyond, and need weapons cos they dominate at close range. If the Boltshot is OP at close range, well then the DMR is OP at midrange, and the Sniper is OP at long range and you should take them all out of the game.

People aren't complaining because it's op at close range, it's because it's op at close range and it's a secondary weapon. The sniper is op at long and it's fine cause it's a power weapon, the shotgun is op at close range, but it's also a power weapon. The boltshot is op at close range and it's a secondary pistol, which is actually pretty odd. To be honest, it doesn't bother me much because I'm a midrange guy most of the time, but I can see where players are coming from. Keep in mind the Assault Rifle users, who depend on getting close to their enemies, they have to deal with the possibility that any given player has a shotgun type weapon on them.

• Like 1

I hadn't really run into too many people using this until last night. I definitely don't think it should be a 1 shot weapon, perhaps putting it on par with the plasma pistol (like charged will drop shields but not 1 shot).

It's especially cheesy on small CTF maps, when you have 3+ people on their team using it. Having to deal with defenders with a shotgun is 1 thing, but having multiple people with a shotgun-esque weapon is a little out of whack.

boltshot only one shots really close and it cost ammo

and it also doesnt last forever it will fire if the player holds it too long

just use your rader and stay away from melee

Ok, Whenever you see someone on radar stay away from them ALWAYS. What if your using an assault riffle? DOESNT MATTER! What if its close combat anyway? DOESN'T MATTER! What if i have a shot gun? DOESN'T MATTER!! What if you don't see them on the radar? DOESN'T MATTER!

Essentially, they were making it so the Boltshot had a different function from the regular sidearms. The Magnum can be used like a Sniper and is fairly powerful, the Plasma Pistol is for disabling vehicles and taking down shields, the Boltshot can be used for headshots at close-mid range but its lack of scope means it isn't very good beyond that so I think it being able to act like a shotgun seperates it from the other sidearms.

• Like 1

The boltshot isn't OP at all.

• It's single fire mode is terrible.
  • It's charge shot is timed and also consumes half the clip.
  • It's charge shot only kills a little bit past melee range.
  • Plasma Pistol charge shot + melee kills just the same.
  • Magnum 3 shots + melee kills just the same.
  • It makes a charging noise that you can't miss.

All weapons are "OP" in their own way. It just depends how you use them, under what conditions, and in what scenarios.

Adapt or die.

• Like 4

I also hope they will nerf it because when I am playing CTF I am *this* close to capturing the flag then a kid yells ,CRAP KRYRIA A KID HAS A BOLTSHOT BEHIND YOU!!!!! I turn around see the guy with a boltshot and murders me. When this pistol is charged up I sould just act like a Plasma Pistol, just takes down your shield.

Yes, the Boltshot is overpowered. I've recently had the displeasure of facing someone using that weapon multiple times and I don't even think I could be killed with a Scattershot or Shotgun from the range the Boltshot killed me at.

There's an easy fix for this, just make the Boltshot's charged shot take down shields rather than a one shot kill. The weapon is headshot capable so it's not like it'll be nerfed to uselessness. You'll just need to get a headshot to earn a kill, which will make the Boltshot take a bit more skill to use effectively.

If it just takes down shields, then it's borderline pointless. Just nerf the range to be less than a shotgun, or make it use the full clip and give it less starting ammo. Something along the lines of that.

this would be the best route. having it take down shields would make it a worse version then the plasma pistol universally.

but having it oneshot at point blank range in exchange for its clip seems balanced.