Petition for additon of a Forge World map

your_dog

Hello there this is a petition for a remake/port of the Halo Reach map Forge world.

Like many others in this sub-thread I am disappointed there is no large scale maps in forge. 343i you have done a great job in making halo 4 but underestimated on something, that is a large scale map like forge world. Forge world was a awesome map without boundaries on what to do, but with halo 4 I am dissapointed in the sizes of the forge maps. They are Waaaaaaaay too small! If you truly listen to the community then you should listen to this concern as it will make many veteran fans happy as it will allow us to make epic ass maps again :thumbsup: .

HOW WILL IT BE IMPLEMENTED?

It should be released as a DLC, preferably for free since it should of been in the original game. If not make it cheap :turned:.

HOW DO I SUPPORT THIS?

Keep this thread alive for 343 for to see and by posting in this on how you agree with me.

• Like 3

I agree, i love the maps we have but what happened to the million dollar budget we were promised and we need a more open terrain and more items, like trees, and stuff, and more variations, I support this as well as make Locus available to all in game, not every person can go to a 7-11. None where i live :(

• Like 1

I agree, i love the maps we have but what happened to the million dollar budget we were promised and we need a more open terrain and more items, like trees, and stuff, and more variations, I support this as well as make Locus available to all in game, not every person can go to a 7-11. None where i live :(

What's a locus? :sweat:

• Like 1

The one thing you guys dont understand is that Halo 4 is stretching the Xbox 360 engine enough with the graphics and physics in a way that reach didnt. Implementing big forge maps and letting people add hundreds of additional items is probably not gonna work till the Xbox 720. If you dont believe me make a big map with alot of items in H4 then spawn a grid and spin it. LAG IS THE ONLY PRODUCT

But i do agree for the old infection to be brought back

• Like 1

The one thing you guys dont understand is that Halo 4 is stretching the Xbox 360 engine enough with the graphics and physics in a way that reach didnt. Implementing big forge maps and letting people add hundreds of additional items is probably not gonna work till the Xbox 720. If you dont believe me make a big map with alot of items in H4 then spawn a grid and spin it. LAG IS THE ONLY PRODUCT

If frame rate lag is an issue, I'm sure many forge fanatics would put up with it. If it meant 343 had to lower their standards on the map, possibly making it as simple as possible, then we'd be fine with it.

The idea of a petition sounds great - I'm definitely going to keep this thread alive. What kind of forge map should be added as DLC? I think a snow covered field next to a frozen river would be magnificent. If not, perhaps a map next to the shore (kind of like in forge world, outside of the cave).

When they do add a map with any water on it (be it a river, lake, even just a small pond) I hope 343 makes sure to allow us to actually make underwater themed maps. As of now, I'm sure 343 has added a kill barrier anytime we approach water in forge.

• Like 1

I'm quite sure the 360 is okay with halo 4

no

why not?

• Like 1

Yah we need a forge world, anything that's supper big, granted most of us won't use the size, but we feel better having the freedom to place our map anywhere, that's where most of the creativity showed. Maps in water, long skinny maps. The maps offered force us to have a tiny map, or use the structures provided. I hoped in once and haven't even tried to make anything since. I would rather have seen the 3 maps we were given combined. (Tunneling mixed with cliffs)

• Like 1

Honestly I love the new Halo 4 maps. They look amazing an I'm planning quite a lot of maps and even trying to bring back some old gametypes to Halo 4 (Teacher, Hotpursuit, Dead Space, and even a few I did by my self). I think that a big map like forgeworld would be nice but I honestly dont need it to make a big map. I forgot the name of the map but it has a large lake of acid. You could easily put something over it as a floor and make a map. Halo 4 forge is amazing and I love it. But if they do bring back forgeworld or make a larger map I would love forging in it as well.

• Like 1

I strongly agree with this. Through Halo 3 I was considered a professional forger maily because of the variety of maps and pieces you could use, the aesthetics of each block was ideal for making themed maps and the environents were perfect for anything and everything. There was lots of room for ambition.

In reach the new tools and objects made alot of that ambition into somthing that could be achived easily and quickly. However I found myslef running out of steam very quickly and running into a servere case of FORGE BLOCK EVER SINCE! I think I got forge block because there was only one map with one aestetic style that everyone was using, E.G. people using metal pieces to make stone walls. But even with all the new tools and abilities, this snowballed into allot of problems for forgers.

People like me wanted the variety back that halo 3 had so that we could have our warehouse (Foundry), desert (Sandbox), Sky fortress (Sandbox), Crypt (Sandbox) ect.

What 343i should do is implement a forge world revamp with new environents and more dramatic climate. Ontop of this they should have a serios think about revamping some of the old classics from Halo: 3 such as Foundry and Sandbox. This would greatly improve forgers morale, curing forge block all around as well as creating many more possibiliteis for future marketing of the Halo franchise by advertising the optional creativity and customization in the game as well as greatly pleasing the long term Halo fans.

AND FOR CHRIST SAKE, PLEASE ADD SMOOTH FORGING TOOLS!

• Like 1

If frame rate lag is an issue, I'm sure many forge fanatics would put up with it. If it meant 343 had to lower their standards on the map, possibly making it as simple as possible, then we'd be fine with it.

The idea of a petition sounds great - I'm definitely going to keep this thread alive. What kind of forge map should be added as DLC? I think a snow covered field next to a frozen river would be magnificent. If not, perhaps a map next to the shore (kind of like in forge world, outside of the cave).

When they do add a map with any water on it (be it a river, lake, even just a small pond) I hope 343 makes sure to allow us to actually make underwater themed maps. As of now, I'm sure 343 has added a kill barrier anytime we approach water in forge.

Perhaps they should just remake forge world?

They better add fine tuning back too :(