Xp Cap Petition

CorkyOutkast

189 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the XP cap gone?

• Yes
    • No

I've never hit the XP cap even once. I've had it for less than a week and have a full day playtime, too. If you're playing this game for brag rights instead of enjoying the multiplayer experience than there's nothing I can really say to make you play differently.

Change your game clock to Tokyo time. That will trick the servers into ending your XP cap. The video will show you how. And this is rdiculous. 343 did this to prevent Boosting. The cons of this cap far outweigh the pros. The only two groups of boosters that I joined mid-game were on regicide, boosting for commendations. Not XP. So it doesn't even effectively stop boosting.

Not to mention the loophole that I just stated above.

343, I hope somehow one of you ends up seeing this: You're lazy. Less than 5 percent of Halo 4 players boost. You're punishing us ALL because of this. Either remove the cap that doesn't even work effectively and figure out another way, or realize that people will boost no matter what.

And who cares if people boost? It just means that they suck so hard that they need to boost instead of actually pay for XP. If I didn't find this loophole, I would have thrown my Halo in the garbage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTmtwFg9GzY Change your game clock to Tokyo time. That will trick the servers into ending your XP cap. The video will show you how. And this is rdiculous. 343 did this to prevent Boosting. The cons of this cap far outweigh the pros. The only two groups of boosters that I joined mid-game were on regicide, boosting for commendations. Not XP. So it doesn't even effectively stop boosting.

Not to mention the loophole that I just stated above.

343, I hope somehow one of you ends up seeing this: You're lazy. Less than 5 percent of Halo 4 players boost. You're punishing us ALL because of this. Either remove the cap that doesn't even work effectively and figure out another way, or realize that people will boost no matter what.

And who cares if people boost? It just means that they suck so hard that they need to boost instead of actually pay for XP. If I didn't find this loophole, I would have thrown my Halo in the garbage.

To bad they patched this.

343 Industries, please extend the XP Cap or remove it!

So far I've played for 10 hours, and I haven't seen any boosters. Only the oddball glitchers at Complex and Haven. Fix that too please!

When you basically turn a FPS into and RPG then take away the xp. thats like taking away the life of the game because there will be no progression being made. Imagine playing a game like Final Fantasy and even though you are fighting, after the battle you gain 0xp. Most gamers will just stop playing because some of us like to level grind. My point being, Don't add RPG elements then put a cap on the xp that you get. Because after i hit my cap i took halo out because i didnt wanna waste my Double XP matches. If i hadnt used those double XP codes i wouldnt have a problem to keep playing but when you completely stop giving me the xp i used the codes for, I'll just find something else to play. Don't get me wrong i love Halo 4 but to take away the xp of a FPS with RPG elements is just retarded. PS Call of Duty Sucks.

• Like 1

What they need to do is instead of having it reset ever 24 hours, have xp caps reset ever 12 hours. Or add the xp cap. Or simply lower xp rates in game. When people hit the xp game they leave halo 4 to play another game... let's say they do this all the time... And you start loosing players one by one.

I'm sorry to say that you aren't going to be getting anywhere on these forums. You'd be better off taking this to the Waypoint forums.

And the best part of this? The XP cap is pretty trivial. There is a "true competitive ranking" system in place, it is just hidden and won't be publicly visible until January (fact check?). So the better you play, the more skilled you'll become, and the more badass you will be in January.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've never gotten close to the XP cap, so I don't really care that it's there. I did get a code from a bag of doritos only to find out someone had used it already without buying it. Hard to be sympathetic.

It was a pretty impressive bout of stupidity that had those codes on the outside of bags. I'm not sure how the handling of this game became so painfully dumb, but I think the XP cap is the least of its problems.

Based on what I have read on the forum about the future ranking system being implemented next year the xp lvl up system may be no more than something to keep you entertained till then. Playing for xp when there is nothing to be earned from it is pointless anyhow.

If they are implementing a proper ranking system then it will negate the xp system so no need to change it at all