Xp Cap Petition

CorkyOutkast

189 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want the XP cap gone?

• Yes
    • No

Well I must say I am very disappointed with the XP cap, I do not understand why 343 decided to do this, this is the reason I quit playing reach was because of the XP cap. They say its because they are afraid of people boosting and such but you have to expect that with a game like this, everyone knows as well as I do that they can easily just reset those peoples ranks and or ban them, if Bungie can do it so can 343. I played Halo 4 for only a couple of hours and reached the XP cap, this is very pathetic on 343 end. I have no motivation to continue to play this game because of this. If you agree they should remove this XP cap please answer the poll and post in this topic. I will then attempt to have this topic viewed by 343 but we need enough people to answer the poll and post here.

• Like 5

Well I must say I am very disappointed with the XP cap, I do not understand why 343 decided to do this, this is the reason I quit playing reach was because of the XP cap. They say its because they are afraid of people boosting and such but you have to expect that with a game like this, everyone knows as well as I do that they can easily just reset those peoples ranks and or ban them, if Bungie can do it so can 343. I played Halo 4 for only a couple of hours and reached the XP cap, this is very pathetic on 343 end. I have no motivation to continue to play this game because of this. If you agree they should remove this XP cap please answer the poll and post in this topic. I will then attempt to have this topic viewed by 343 but we need enough people to answer the poll and post here.

Does seem kind of dumb. Afraid of people boosting? Boosting to what, a higher "rank" that they will eventually get anyway? Still, why does this make you not want to play? A high rank does not denote skill, just time played. If you are only playing for "rank", armour, etc, I think you are taking the wrong thing away from the game.

Does seem kind of dumb. Afraid of people boosting? Boosting to what, a higher "rank" that they will eventually get anyway? Still, why does this make you not want to play? A high rank does not denote skill, just time played. If you are only playing for "rank", armour, etc, I think you are taking the wrong thing away from the game.

People are going to boost no matter what you do. You must not have played Halo 3 I take it? Look at their ranking system compared to this garbage. People who were boosting in Halo 3 were rank reset. I am playing for skill, I am far from a casual player. and in Halo 3 you had to be good to achieve a level 50 not like this garbage. It makes me not want to play it because it is a cheap way to keep some players playing. You realize how long it would take to rank to the highest rank with this garbage? A LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG TIME.

People are going to boost no matter what you do. You must not have played Halo 3 I take it? Look at their ranking system compared to this garbage. People who were boosting in Halo 3 were rank reset. I am playing for skill, I am far from a casual player. and in Halo 3 you had to be good to achieve a level 50 not like this garbage. It makes me not want to play it because it is a cheap way to keep some players playing. You realize how long it would take to rank to the highest rank with this garbage? A LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG TIME.

I did play Halo 3. I am aware of how its ranking system worked and agree with you on it being superior to this progression system. Id much rather get a rank based on how well I play rather than how much I play. What I am getting at is, why do you care so much? Since rank in this game means nothing, why are you so hung up on getting all the XP you can and ranking up so high?

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you are actually talking about Halo 4s progression system ranking rather than an xp cap, yes? Your last comment sounded like you want a 1-50 put back into play (I do too) but the thread title and your first post make it sound like you are unhappy with an arbitrary cap on xp that you claim in in effect. You bash the progression system for being inferior to the 1-50 yet are mad that you cant run through said prog. system faster.... I dont quite understand what it is you want.

• Like 1

I did play Halo 3. I am aware of how its ranking system worked and agree with you on it being superior to this progression system. Id much rather get a rank based on how well I play rather than how much I play. What I am getting at is, why do you care so much? Since rank in this game means nothing, why are you so hung up on getting all the XP you can and ranking up so high?

I am going to go out on a limb and assume you are actually talking about Halo 4s progression system ranking rather than an xp cap, yes? Your last comment sounded like you want a 1-50 put back into play (I do too) but the thread title and your first post make it sound like you are unhappy with an arbitrary cap on xp that you claim in in effect. You bash the progression system for being inferior to the 1-50 yet are mad that you cant run through said prog. system faster.... I dont quite understand what it is you want.

Simple I have been playing since the first one came out. I am talking about a mix of the two. Its in Halo Players blood to have bragging rights plain and simple and putting an xp cap on this game destroys that. I would love the 1-50 put back in and I have been hearing they are but I would also like to have the halo 3 ranking system in as well, meaning not just ranking up to 1-50 in each playlist but also ranking up to general, if you catch what im saying. Xp caps do nothing but destroy a game and I have seen this to many times. Why do you think so many people hated reach? Gameplay was awesome but xp cap destroyed it. The same thing will happen to Halo 4 as well. If you played Halo 2 you would know exactly what I mean by bragging rights, because if you were 50 in that game you were a beast. I have read so many complaints on the XP cap its insane. Literally I play for 3 hours and I am forced to quit because of XP caps and your telling me thats not dumb? My full Xbox live party got off of Halo 4 within this time limit because we all reached it, and 3 of them are trading it in tomorrow.

If your playing just for sake of being rewarded a little bit of XP for each game and nothing else you are playing for the wrong reasons bud

hmm not sure how best to say this so here goes. i want the cap removed because the fact i can earn xp makes me want to. if it was not there in the first place i would be playing it purely for fun but because i earn xp in the first place i want to always be earning xp,if i'm not i feel like something is wrong or i am doing badly, only think this because i earn xp in the first place taking it away is the same to me as me doing badly, its what happens when you become trained to this kind of thing, same thing with dogs i think. I have played halo since the first halo and i loved the system in past halos where you would go up or down in rank based on how well you played, you didn't get armor and all the best customizing you could do was your emblem and colours. it worked and i enjoyed it a lot made me want to get better as well,it was one of the best systems i think i ever ran into no bars or total xp needed to level up you just went up or down after so many win/lose or kill/death or what ever it was back then.

4 will push me away because it is cod-ish really to me and the cap is not helping. if your hitting it in a couple hours then sorry for you took me about 6-8 hours in total playing mostly big team slayer and floor with some others thrown in now and then and i had a few brakes in it that i didn't add on to the time. so only hit it this weekend, i'd be happy if it was removed at weekends at least when a lot of people will be playing for most the day.

just so you know so no one will complain about it later. I'm 22 (recently) single, i go to uni 4 / 5 days a week, unemployed which i am trying to change and i spend a good amount of time with friends. gaming is a good relaxing escape / release for me and where i live there is not a lot to do if your on a budget. (i say this because a lot of responses so far are things like go outside get a gf get a life make friends and such and this is to try stop them a little.)

• Like 1

I've wasted countless amounts of Double XP because of there being an xp cap. The cap is so low when you get to higher levels that you can't level more than 3-4 times without not being able to get XP again. I want to play this game, but not be penalized for it. 343 has done a terrific job with Halo 4, but this XP cap makes me frown. People will play the crap out of this game; it's new, it's amazing, but those who play it a lot should not be penalized for doing so. We enjoy this game that 343 has made so much that we want to continue playing it for hours; there's no reason we should be limited for wanting to do so. I can't even play custom games to avoid wasting my double XP because it still counts towards it in there. :'( I just want to play and be able to acquire XP.

• Like 1

I've been wondering if maybe 343 has the XP cap so they can create an automated system to detect and reset/ban boosters fairly quickly. I hope it's removed or at least make it a LOT harder to hit, and maybe it will be when they have a dependable system to automatically detect the boosters. It's just a guess and I could be wrong, it was just an idea of why they might have a cap in place right now, they wouldn't want boosters getting to sr-130 the first week after release. Either way I want it gone or raised so high a normal person playing all day wouldn't hit it, make it so it'd be almost impossible to hit unless you're boosting.

create a petition corporate wanting the flood to return

yeah this. EXP caps isn't exactly a big issue unless having a high level is all you care about, then in which place you should go play COD or something. Halo is more about having fun. I see the exp system as a fun extra to add more depth to halo 4.

The flood were one of the best enemies in Halo. In CE they were an unexpected twist that had people panicking as a new enemy that runs at you shows up, something people were not expecting. It's great having them as a playable unit in multiplayer but i'd rather be killing multiple types controlled by the AI. Besides it seems odd now to see a forerunner construct without flood... it's feels empty.

That would not work with the story line. It would be idiotic to bring the flood back for no reason.

It doesn't need a reason. The flood need no reason.

I play Halo for fun. I love the series and have played since the first game when I was just a wee kiddo, but the reason I want to cap gone is because I like to see my progress when I play online. Not just ranking, but my KDR as well. The games I've played once I hit the cap didn't even record any new data. It's like a drop off point.

I have hit the cap twice so far. Yesterday and Today. I have only been playing since Yesterday morning and i have hit both caps in 5-6 hours. This really is disappointing to me. I love what 343 has done with the game and they did a really good job but this xp limit cap is really really hurting them. I was at my gamestop today and i already saw that alot of people have traded in their halo 4 games and dont want to continue playing because of this cap. It takes alot out of the game when you put a cap like this on. Especally with Black Ops 2 coming out that Halo 4 is going to have to go up against. And with Halo 4 having the cap limit and Black Ops 2 not having one people are going to be choosing Black Ops 2 more than Halo 4. Having the Cap takes alot of fun out of the game. I have seen alot of people posting that if you just play of xp you are playing for the wrong reasons and you are suppose to be playing to have fun. Im not saying that because of the cap its not fun, but it takes alot of fun out of it. When you do really good in a game but dont get any XP or you complete that really hard Challenge but dont get anything for it, it takes alot out of the game it makes it not as good as it could be. I really think you need to get rid of this cap. Yea you are going to have boosters and everything, but what game doesnt. 343 is hurting themselves with this XP cap limit and here really shortly you are going to lose alot of your players if its not fixed. If anything, raise it more. Because the 150k xp limit is too low. When you can hit it within your first few hours of playing its not fun, I am a huge Halo fan and a huge Halo player, But this is really hurting my halo experience and i know there are many many many many more people out there that feel the same way i do.

F*CK THE XP CAP!

HALO 4. U GUYS SUCK MAKE A BETTER GAME I HIT THAT STUPID CAP 3 TIMES ONLY PLAYING FOR 4 HRS EACH! F*CK THIS GAME .

BLACK OPS 2!

Please dont cuss on the forums, there are kids that are on here and everything and they dont need to be surround by stuff like this.

I really want this XP Cap gone.

Its crap...its flawed, I played 5 matches and got roughly 10,000 XP and the game tells me Im capped out??? I just got home from a weekend away and this is the crap I run into!

So I wanted to play with friends so I continued thinking hell its 9:30.....midnight is a new day.

Well during the few hours I played with my friends I managed to unlock several challenges 7 or 8 I think.

One of which was worth 4000 XP and I was pissed cause I wasnt getting any XP including my challenge XP.

BUT my buddy told me dont worry when you account goes active again, you'll get all the challenge XP cause it stacks up and waits. Well as soon as I started earning XP again online after midnight, I didnt see any XP come my way from those challenges.

So i got royally bend over and screwed in the hoop by 343!! out of I figure...6000-8000 XP

It doesn't make sense. I mean, not only have I wasted double XP because of this cap, but I have also wasted commendation XP that I can never get back. roughly 10,000 xp has been wasted because I hit the cap. It's ridiculous. It refreshed at midnight (an hour and a half ago) and I hit (1) 10,000 commendation and another 5000 and now am maxed out again for the next 22 hours. How is that fair? I hear its so low because of the double xp from dew and doritos, but how does that make sense? Just making people waste their money. Way to go 343.