Get the ranking system right, we WILL love you forever, 343i

MulchChile

I do believe I speak for almost all people who have played Halo since Halo 2.

343, this game needs a ranking system. I know a ranking system has been promised at the start of 2013, but a lot of the details are vague, and i'm worried it won't be what this game needs.

Give us what Halo 2 and Halo 3 both launched with.

A set of competitive, playlists, with a clear visible rank 1-50. Wins increase your rank, losing decreases your rank.

Preferably with:

-Infinity Slayer

-MLG

-Team Objective

-Big Team Battle

-FFA

-Double Team

Its the ranked playlist in Halo 2 and Halo 3 that made them so addicting. Playing a match with other similarly skilled players was the thing that set Halo 2 and Halo 3 apart from other XBL games.

Please don't mess this one up.

• Like 1

This needs to be done sooner rather than later if this game is going to have any Longevity to it. Not having a proper ranking system is what Flat-lined Reach.

I am hoping that they do Exactly what you have mentioned before but I am very skeptical about the whole thing and believe that they won't return to Halo 2/3 Ranking system.

I did hear they were thinking of doing a 1 - 50 but only you could see your rank to try and prevent against boosting/deranking again I would prefer to be able to see what rank of player I am playing against as that can completely change you mindset for the Game..

I also heard that the Lead guy of 343 got rank locked at a level 33 in Halo 3 so I do also fear if they do bring in a 1 - 50 it maybe too easy to get the top rank.

all we can do is wait but to be perfectly honest I paid £65 for this game and IMO it should have been released with a ranking system already in it not just add it on at a later date I don't know come 2013 if I will still even have this game as I am already bored with the ExP system ...

• Like 1

343 is currently compiling data to give the best ranking system possible when it releases. I also prefer the Halo 2 ranking system but this is so much better than nothing, as so many people (including myself) thought we wouldn't see a ranking system. I agree with you that it was one of the many determining factors in the failures of Reach. No worries, we'll get our ranks.

343, this game needs a ranking system. I know a ranking system has been promised at the start of 2013, but a lot of the details are vague, and i'm worried it won't be what this game needs.

A set of competitive, playlists, with a clear visible rank 1-50. Wins increase your rank, losing decreases your rank.

Preferably with:

-Infinity Slayer

-MLG

-Team Objective

-Big Team Battle

-FFA

-Double Team

Its the ranked playlist in Halo 2 and Halo 3 that made them so addicting. Playing a match with other similarly skilled players was the thing that set Halo 2 and Halo 3 apart from other XBL games.

Please don't mess this one up.

CSR Ranking sytem coming soon :thumbsup:

http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/post/2012/11/02/Halo-4-Competitive-Skill-Rank-Announcement.aspx

a ranking system is a must for halo's survival in my eyes. i remenber spending over 3-4 years on halo 3 starting out as a badkid and finally learning and playing the game enough to get my first 50. i remenber buying halo reach i was pumped. No br was upseting but i figured well maybe it can still be fun.. i touched the game for only 2 weeks then haven't touched it since the ranking system on there is useless and that is why the game died. halo 3 still had over 20 thousand people playing while halo reach was out. the only reason i Bough a *** game Like call of duty was because of bungies poor effort to imply a ranking system at which i felt was competetive enough no one never had team work or anything. i Hate Call of duty but i still play it because halo reach failed. I think what determines if halo 4 will be the top game or not is the ranking system if black ops 2 manages to Make a VISABLE ranking system better then halo 4 they will move. Now me i Would enjoy and love a visable ranking system because when i enter a game i wanna compare the other teams stats ranks wins loses to myself to see how i stand with them. i Don't wanna play with 3 friends in a playlist win and be like Lets go to halo waypoint to see if we went up after every single game i mean we have to go to a 3rd party program to check this why? no one should go to a 3rd party program to see a system ranking that should be in a game with 2 disk. people always cheat yeah but cheating is in any game. I ENJOY and love halo 4 i think they did everything right that bungie failed to do in reach. This is 343 if we get a visable ranking system it will top black ops 2 but if we do not i feel sadly ill have to revert back to the crappy franchise. and thank you 343 for making halo 4 the matchmaking is the only thing needed to be fix everything else is amazing :)

• Like 1

I agree. The thing that made halo 2 and 3 so addicting was the ranking system, which Reach failed big time on.

I hope this game gets a ranking system like halo 2. The only game doing it right with true skill and rank online is star craft. Their system is great.

343 please put the rank in game. Don't leave it as something you have to leave the game for to look at in an app. Competitive and social playlistst please :)

By the way, amazing game! I can't believe how much halo 4 impressed me. Good job 343!

Add the rank system in game and you can guarantee long term success.

I know they're adding a ranking system. The point of this thread was to make sure that they get it right.

I personally think the Halo 2 ranking system would be best. For any who didn't play 2, people didn't really get to level 50. At first, right when they released the game, the highest leveled people were around 18-20, and anyone higher was a cheater (remember standby!? LOL).

Then they released an update that reset the ranking system, then the highest leveled people were in the mid 30's.

Though even a Halo 3 system, where people could get to level 50, would be cool.

halo 2 and halo 3's system were terrible. they both honest to god were.

the first 20 levels in both, were free from just one game.

it didn't matter what you get.

you can be getting +20 K/D every game. and just because someone who gets +2 and wins everygame is the exact same level as you. wheres the fairness?

the ranking system SHOULD NOT bother with your win/lose ratio It should be your K/D Ratio

halo 2 and halo 3's system were terrible. they both honest to god were.

the first 20 levels in both, were free from just one game.

it didn't matter what you get.

you can be getting +20 K/D every game. and just because someone who gets +2 and wins everygame is the exact same level as you. wheres the fairness?

the ranking system SHOULD NOT bother with your win/lose ratio It should be your K/D Ratio

Thank God you are not in charge of any professional sports. Your logic eliminates team play... which in my opinion is the whole reason I play Halo. Damn I miss the old days... aging sucks.

How is a rank system based off of winning no fun? What the hell!? That's the whole point of any competitive game! To win with team work.

KD ratio is nothing but a stat. Any of you guys watch basketball??? Well Durant was the lead scorer last year, but still lost the championship. KD should be nothing but at stat.

Preferably with:

-Infinity Slayer

-MLG

-Team Objective

-Big Team Battle

-FFA

-Double Team

Well. I am one of those, and you're not speaking for me. I think it's really fine right now. I would not mind ranking and I also don't miss it. But I mind ranking in Team Objective and BTB, becouse those playlists where hardly possible to play in Halo 3 when you got a high enough rank. I wanted a 50 in Objective, but I could not get higher than 44, becouse I hardly found any matches past rank 30. The system for finding btb matches when you had a two digit rank was also impossible.

It's cool for me with the other playlists you mention, but they should not replace any old playlists.

I remember the Clan system thing back in Halo 2, that could be fun to give new life somehow, but in a more flexible way. Some playlists for sutch groups would be cool, but it should be possible to be in multiple clans.