Ammo Shortage

Victory Element

i have a concern that ammo will hard to obtain in game modes with custom loadouts. In previous halos, everyone started with the same weapons, so ammo was commonly found laying around battlefield. But with the large variety of primary weapons now available to start with, there will be many different types of ammo laying around. This will make it hard for many to keep resupplying their ammo in midst of battle. For example, i'm sure the most popular primary weapon will be the BR, but i want to use the DMR, and i wont be able to get ammo from the BR

I understand that there is a tactical package or support package that increases a player's starting ammo count, but not everyone will want to use that over the other choices. This could be one solution i guess, but another solution is just adapting i guess. If players can learn how to skillfully use each primary weapon, then they should be fine with just picking up random weapons on the battlefield.....

but i am still concerned. Any thoughts??

Besides, I'm sure there would be someone who has your weapon out there. Or it possibly lies on the map somewhere.

yes, there may be, but its not a guaruntee for each game. And maps would look akward if they had such a large variety of weapons laying around

I'm sure if you do manage to live long enough there are ammo crates or something

having a type of universal ammo crate would actually be a great idea. But it would have to be restricted from power weapons of course

Just pick up the enemies you killed BR, Carbine or promethean rifle when you run low. If you truly expect to survive and dominate you will need to be proficient with every weapon in the Halo 4 arsenal.

There called "starting weapons" for a reason.

Adapt or die.

• Like 2

Trust me you die faster in Halo 4 than past titles, it is not meant to be a lone wolf get a ton of kills and not die on your own game anymore, 343i really wanted team work to take priority. If you can live long enough tu burn through all of your ammo, you can pick up other weapons from weapon drops, other weapons from dead bodies, and you will probably have an ordinance by that point as well, so you can take the weapon in that. Or hop in a vehicle and try to get more kills that way.

If you stay alive long enough, you'll most likely have your ordnance meter filled up to call something in as well; of course it'll be somewhat of a power weapon with not a huge amount of ammo, but it'll definitely give you an alternative to use.

Unless you aren't playing an Infinity gametype.

Since it's preferences, I believe many of your concerns are realistic, but it is probable that someone will also playing with that weapon. There will be less ammo,but look at invasion, in the third phase, there is a variety of weapons used, and this is typically enough ammo, otherwise, people just make a switch to a different weapon that they find. But making people switch weapons due to ammo shortage will help prevent one weapon from becoming too powerful for a player, unless many are also using that weapon.

Since it's preferences, I believe many of your concerns are realistic, but it is probable that someone will also playing with that weapon. There will be less ammo,but look at invasion, in the third phase, there is a variety of weapons used, and this is typically enough ammo, otherwise, people just make a switch to a different weapon that they find. But making people switch weapons due to ammo shortage will help prevent one weapon from becoming too powerful for a player, unless many are also using that weapon.

that is actually a really good comparison. But the only problem is that this situation would go on for entire matches, not the 3 minute time boundary on invasion