DLC Required

Wes Stone501

Halo 4 as 13 days and Im so hyped that I just have to play halo! So I jumped on to play Halo Reach and played about 10 games and not once did I play a map from one of the 11 DLC maps. The only way you can play these DLC maps is if every one in the game has the map! So i paid all that money and the only way I can play custom games. 343 should make it a requirement to have all of the DLC to play match making! I paid the extra money for a better experience on the game and I shouldn't have to reliant on everyone else to play that. If this holds true for Halo 4 then I will not be purchasing the map packs, because what's the point?

Halo_Reach_NobleDLC_Tempest_02.jpg

Halo 4 as 13 days and Im so hyped that I just have to play halo! So I jumped on to play Halo Reach and played about 10 games and not once did I play a map from one of the 11 DLC maps. The only way you can play these DLC maps is if every one in the game has the map! So i paid all that money and the only way I can play custom games. 343 should make it a requirement to have all of the DLC to play match making! I paid the extra money for a better experience on the game and I shouldn't have to reliant on everyone else to play that. If this holds true for Halo 4 then I will not be purchasing the map packs, because what's the point?

Im not sure about making it a requirement to have all DLC to play matchmakig, as some people cant afford to get the map packs day 1 release, What I'd like to see is either DLC only playlist, or all playlists mirrored so with DLC or without DLC.

But I know the problem you are facing, I havent played Invasion on Breakpoint for over a year in matchmaking.

Why not? I should be the higher priority than those who don't have it. I could see a playlist that didn't require DLC the rest should.

I don't like people with your mindset, I'm sorry, but seriously dude, what the hell? Just because you had enough money to buy some maps, doesn't make you anymore important then anyone else.

• Like 1

I don't like people with your mindset, I'm sorry, but seriously dude, what the hell? Just because you had enough money to buy some maps, doesn't make you anymore important then anyone else.

People who buy the DLC should be able to experience the new content they paid money for. DLC play time shouldn't be a rarity, and people who don't buy the maps shouldn't restrict everyone to playing games that originally shipped.

• Like 3

People who buy the DLC should be able to experience the new content they paid money for. DLC play time shouldn't be a rarity, and people who don't buy the maps shouldn't restrict everyone to playing games that originally shipped.

No, I know, its just that he says ALL but one playlist should require DLC, no I don't want another Halo 3 matchmaking experience.

The DLC playlist for that DLC is the best way to go.

For example, a pack called the "Reclaimer" pack would get a playlist under the same name, kinda like the anniversary playlist in Reach.

• Like 1

Haha so they have the money for the xbox, xbox live, the game but not the map pack. There's this new think called saving your money it works pretty well, im sure they could scrap up 20 if they really wanted to.

And if they really can't it's not the end of the world.

• Like 1

Haha so they have the money for the xbox, xbox live, the game but not the map pack. There's this new think called saving your money it works pretty well, im sure they could scrap up 20 if they really wanted to.

Yes, but even if they have the option to buy it AND have the money, they may not want to buy it, because the quality of the maps.

I know I have passed on buying map packs because the maps literally sucked in many ways.

Plus, the people who buy the maps, are In the minority, it'd be smart, business wise, to cater to the majority, unless of course they want to risk losing money...

Wow. Totally forgot that map in the first post even existed. Now all we play are entirely grey Forge maps.

I miss Breakpoint so much :(

exactly

Yes, but even if they have the option to buy it AND have the money, they may not want to buy it, because the quality of the maps.

I know I have passed on buying map packs because the maps literally sucked in many ways.

Plus, the people who buy the maps, are In the minority, it'd be smart, business wise, to cater to the majority, unless of course they want to risk losing money...

Or cater to the ones still giving you money.

exactly

Or cater to the ones still giving you money.

Ever hear the term "and they'll tell 2 friends.."?

Well this applies here, if people can't enjoy matchmaking in the base game, then they'll tell friends about it and those friends will tell their friends, then theres a lot of people telling their friends about how Halo 4's matchmaking is no fun. Eventually they'll just tell people not to buy it, and guess what? They're losing A LOT of money.

So no, it is never smart to cater to the minority.

No they have the money from all of them already. And this "minority" is still willing to support the game. Support those that support you. 2+2=4

Again, refer to my previous post, it seems like you ignored half of it.

I will make another example....

Say I bought Halo 4, but I didn't enjoy matchmaking, because of the lack of maps and gamemodes. Now, I tell a few of my friends about it, then they tell their friends and so on, eventually A LOT of people know about how bad matchmaking is, so little over half those people decide not to buy halo 4, guess who's out a lot of money? 343I/M$.

So in this order.

Majority

Minority

If you don't have anyone left to sell the maps to, then you are not making any money.

Don't be foolish, this game will sell so many copies at launch based on brand name alone that relying on word of mouth sales is a mute point. Cater to those who buy the maps, leave a vanilla BTB playlist and a vanilla slayer playlist for everyone else.

• Like 3

Nor is not being able to play your beloved map for 2 matches.

Add playlists for certain Map Packs. If everybody has the pack, let everybody play on it. /Thread

very true, never said it was. i was just bringing the frustrations i had with every one complaining over the years that it's not fair. Now they just changed it with reach. It didn't used to be like that not until 343 i took over.

Again, refer to my previous post, it seems like you ignored half of it.

I will make another example....

Say I bought Halo 4, but I didn't enjoy matchmaking, because of the lack of maps and gamemodes. Now, I tell a few of my friends about it, then they tell their friends and so on, eventually A LOT of people know about how bad matchmaking is, so little over half those people decide not to buy halo 4, guess who's out a lot of money? 343I/M$.

So in this order.

Majority

Minority

If you don't have anyone left to sell the maps to, then you are not making any money.

Don't be foolish, this game will sell so many copies at launch based on brand name alone that relying on word of mouth sales is a mute point. Cater to those who buy the maps, leave a vanilla BTB playlist and a vanilla slayer playlist for everyone else.

You apparently agree but don't want to admit it.... Because you like Cocoa post it's to big of a game to be hurt in sales that way. I did ignore most of it because that's just crazy talk to put it simply. Then it just gets worse "Say I bought Halo 4, but I didn't enjoy matchmaking, because of the lack of maps and gamemodes" are we talking about halo 4 with the 13 maps from the box and then there's forge. Lack of game modes.... Really.....

very true, never said it was. i was just bringing the frustrations i had with every one complaining over the years that it's not fair. Now they just changed it with reach. It didn't used to be like that not until 343 i took over.

You apparently agree but don't want to admit it.... Because you like Cocoa post it's to big of a game to be hurt in sales that way. I did ignore most of it because that's just crazy talk to put it simply. Then it just gets worse "Say I bought Halo 4, but I didn't enjoy matchmaking, because of the lack of maps and gamemodes" are we talking about halo 4 with the 13 maps from the box and then there's forge. Lack of game modes.... Really.....

If I can't be satisfied with the base game, why on earth would I even think about buying DLC?

That's like buying new hands for a broken clock.

ill add my two cents. i agree you shouldn't leave those people who can't afford the map packs behind. BUT, if the DLC is meant to further the longevity of online play for Halo 4, then the people who buy the DLC should have priority on the matchmaking playlists. otherwise why even offer the map packs if they aren't going to be utilized? it would be very unfair to have people pay for maps that will rarely see play time. i think non-DLC players should be restricted to free-for-all, team slayer, and objective. DLC players should have access to ALL playlists. i think if you play Halo 4's online matchmaking it should be assumed you intend to take advantage of everything offered in online matchmaking including the map packs. the map packs are meant to complete and extend the experience for those who play online matchmaking as a whole, and so that is how the online playlists should be geared instead of catering to the players who are playing what can be thought as an incomplete version of the online matchmaking.

• Like 2