halo 4 gun unlocking question

buffy the spartan buffalo

does anybody know how the gun unlocking will work like if you get them all sooner or later. also is there going to be a prestige like system where you get to pick a specilization after "prestiging" and are the guns going to be unlocked easily through levels or it takes like 2 years just to get to the last gun? cuz i dont want the next halo game coming out in a few days and i just unlocked the light rifle. :2guns:

does anybody know how the gun unlocking will work like if you get them all sooner or later. also is there going to be a prestige like system where you get to pick a specilization after "prestiging" and are the guns going to be unlocked easily through levels or it takes like 2 years just to get to the last gun? cuz i dont want the next halo game coming out in a few days and i just unlocked the light rifle. :2guns:

Here is how it works. As you rank up 1-50 you unlock Spartan Points (similar to Reach cR) and certain ranks unlock weapons and packages like the BR, DMR, Light Rifle, Support Packages and Tactical Packages etc. You can than use the Spartan Points you unlocked to purchase the weapons and various packages for use in your custom loadouts.

After the initial 1-50 ranks/levels you unlock the ability to rank through Specializations. There are a total of 8 Specializations each having 1-10 levels. After you complete one Spec. you can than move on to another Spec. You DO NOT have to level through the initial 1-50 again and DO NOT have to unlock the weapons and packages again. Leveling through Specializations unlocks Spec. specific armor skins, weapon skins and packages.

• Like 4

Here is how it works. As you rank up 1-50 you unlock Spartan Points (similar to Reach cR) and certain ranks unlock weapons and packages like the BR, DMR, Light Rifle, Support Packages and Tactical Packages etc. You can than use the Spartan Points you unlocked to purchase the weapons and various packages for use in your custom loadouts.

After the initial 1-50 ranks/levels you unlock the ability to rank through Specializations. There are a total of 8 Specializations each having 1-10 levels. After you complete one Spec. you can than move on to another Spec. You DO NOT have to level through the initial 1-50 again and DO NOT have to unlock the weapons and packages again. Leveling through Specializations unlocks Spec. specific armor skins, weapon skins and packages.

Nailed it. /thread. :hug:

cool thanks for that but do you possibly know if the last gun or armor abilitie is going to be super hard to unlock?

cool thanks for that but do you possibly know if the last gun or armor abilitie is going to be super hard to unlock?

I do not know that...from playing at SDCC you rank up really fast if you at least try. So if you play you will rank up fast, I wouldnt worry. They will give you enough Spartan Points to unlock everything by the time you hit 50

Does anyone know how often you get Spartan Points and will they be like Reach cR or you get one point for ranking up and the DMR might cost 2 SP??

Does anyone know how often you get Spartan Points and will they be like Reach cR or you get one point for ranking up and the DMR might cost 2 SP??

You get 1 point for reaching each SR rank. As the new info states, everything will be available to unlock by level 26, but you will not be able to purchase them all until you reach level 50. So as you earn the SP's you have to be wise in what you want to spend them on. You will start with the AR, Magnum, and Frag grenade and random pre-made loadouts until you purchase items for your custom loadouts

Thanks for clearing that up a little bit Tallgeese. I was wondering about the specifics with that.

Thanks for clearing that up a little bit Tallgeese. I was wondering about the specifics with that.

Yeah Tallgeese (I'm quoting Doc because I agree with him... and it's easier than quoting all of your explanations). Anyways, great job again giving us a very informative grouping of posts. I for one really appreciate all the work you put into helping the other players understand things about Halo 4. Thanks!