Health bar?

SkItZo1041

The health bar was removed because you no longer need to worry about what levels your health is at. The shield and health system is back to the style that was used in Halo 2 and Halo 3, where you had a regenerating shield and regenerating health after that. After your shield recharges then your health will start to recharge to the fullest, so there isn't very much use in having a health bar below that.

Well, in my opinion health bars slowed down the game too much.

You got in 1 little gunfight and your health got scared, it said get a health pack or i don't want to repair.

Seriously though, everytime you got in a gunfight and barely survived, you had to run for a health pack or face a slight disadvantage.

So i won't miss the health packs.

I understand the point of it. It somewhat creates more tactical gameplay. And in a real life situation(yes, Halo is real life) you would have to break through someones shield before you could do any damage. But I would rather just have shields it speeds up gameplay. Plus players aren't searching while they should be fighting.

I understand the point of it. It somewhat creates more tactical gameplay. And in a real life situation(yes, Halo is real life) you would have to break through someones shield before you could do any damage. But I would rather just have shields it speeds up gameplay. Plus players aren't searching while they should be fighting.

Well, this kinda got me thinking.

Don't Spartans seem really weak when they don't have that health bar?

Spartans are Super Soldiers. And that's supposed to be intimidating. How intimidating is it when they have such a low chance to survive without their shields?

Oh look, a powerful, mighty Spartan. He'll kill them. But don't drop his shields, otherwise he's forked

Lol, i'm sure you get my point here.

But meh, whatever, i still prefer the shields only system xD

• Like 1

Well, this kinda got me thinking.

Don't Spartans seem really weak when they don't have that health bar?

Spartans are Super Soldiers. And that's supposed to be intimidating. How intimidating is it when they have such a low chance to survive without their shields?

Oh look, a powerful, mighty Spartan. He'll kill them. But don't drop his shields, otherwise he's forked

Lol, i'm sure you get my point here.

But meh, whatever, i still prefer the shields only system xD

Ya that's true. I actually started thinking that after I posted that. Ha xD

• Like 1

Ya that's true. I actually started thinking that after I posted that. Ha xD

Lol, the best reference i can think of for that is Kat. She got taken down with one shot by some tiny little jackal as soon as her shields were down. And i found that pretty weak, to be honest. xD

• Like 1

Lol, the best reference i can think of for that is Kat. She got taken down with one shot by some tiny little jackal as soon as her shields were down. And i found that pretty weak, to be honest. xD

Haha. That ruined reach's campaign for me. (besides the fact that it was Kat haha.) I couldn't believe that it wasn't even a snipe. It was just a needle. What if that was the strength of the master chief in Halo 4. One needle to the head and we died. Haha.

• 4 weeks later...

I just liked two things about it. One was the fact that if you were in a DMR fight with someone and they weren't the greatest with headshots, you knew how many more shots you could take before actually dying, being the difference between life and death (this happens to me alllllll the time, as I often get shot from behind and have to turn around and make up for lost time). Second being for specifically SWAT, when someone decides to either camp in a small spot or run at you instead of shooting you, if you don't have time to take the headshot, you could at least get a pummel in so they're only a two shot kill later on. Yea, regenerating health and shields makes it easier for sprees and more multi-kills and such (well, easier gameplay in general) but it also adds a certain challenge to the game. Same with bloom, plenty of people saying it should be gone, but it's wayyyyyy too easy to get kills without it. This is only my opinion, of course. But everyone's entitled to their own and I certainly see why a lot of people don't like the health bar.

Spartans never get injured, their shields just need to recharge :wallbash:

Well in Halo 4 multiplayer you do not die at all. It is a simulation so health is uncessary.

Then again there is blood in multiplayer :/

• Like 1

health bars were a joke... reach was a joke... its much better this way going back to waythings were in h3

REACH WAS NOT A JOKE, IN FACT, IT WAS THE BEST GAME YET! So don't say it is a joke.

get your hatred for reach and grab it and put it in ODST where it belongs

• Like 1