Future Armor Dlc

RayizRambo

Well I thought my connection was pretty obvious. If 343 makes a DLC giving you armor, it will be as bad as Oblivion's Horse Armor.

I don't agree with that. On Oblivion, horse armor wasn't needed at all. On Halo, armor is a way bigger part of the game than horse armor was in Oblivion.

But even with that being said, i still say i'd rather see map DLC than armor DLC

i'm sure i read somewhere that 343 were releasing the LE pre-order skins as a future DLC? (dont take that as official information, i'm not sure)

Anyway, i'm happy with the amount of armour. But 343 need to make sure that you can just level up twice and already unlock half the armoury. I'm a hero on reach and have nothing to spend my credit on, other than the last upgrade for my GUNNIR when i reach eclips and the other upgrades.

What i'm trying to say is that 343 need to spread the armour unlocks out throughout the ranks a bit better than bungie did on reach, having 200,000cR and only being able to spend them every 3 ranks and inbetween to get your armoury compleqation up is just a drag and is boring.

Anwyay The ungliness of the new armours is good, it makes them more realistic to be honnest. In a war you dont want to look nice and cuddly otherwise your enemies wont take you seriosly, insted you want to look all jagared and scary so that you can scare your enemies.

i'm sure i read somewhere that 343 were releasing the LE pre-order skins as a future DLC? (dont take that as official information, i'm not sure)

LE skins and pre-order skins are 2 different things. The LE skin won't be included in future DLC, but the pre-order skins from stores like amazon and the microsoft will most likely be packed together into one DLC at some point and released for everyone

LE skins and pre-order skins are 2 different things. The LE skin won't be included in future DLC, but the pre-order skins from stores like amazon and the microsoft will most likely be packed together into one DLC at some point and released for everyone

ermmmm what? so the Limited edition skins that you get with the LE pre-order WONT be release with a DLC, but the Pre-order skins will? whats the difference? xD

@IU IF A II IL: No you are mistaken. There is no one LE pre-order bonus. The Pre-order bonuses vary by where you bought the game. The LE bonuses that come with the LE are exclusive, just as the Console bonuses are exclusive. There will however be a PRe-Order Bonus DLC Pack that will release post halo 4 launch according to Frak O'Oconnor.

I don't agree with that. On Oblivion, horse armor wasn't needed at all. On Halo, armor is a way bigger part of the game than horse armor was in Oblivion.

But even with that being said, i still say i'd rather see map DLC than armor DLC

I don't think anything that is purely aesthetic should have to cost anything. Now if it is free that would be perfectly fine.

Here is the issue with DLC armor vs maps. When the game ships, the game has open ended slots that are unused in the scenario file usually. Said DLC uses these slots to add the new maps without the need to patch or write a ton of patch files to the hard drive.

Armor DLC, would require biped, mode, jmad, phmo, html, and a few other tags to have extra chunks (internal writable space), that would allow a patch file to work with it, as well as the mainmenu.map file that it is locally stored on. Because a large majority of game data, like bipeds is internal to the mainmenu.map file, they can't simply be added, nor can any information to update the title be directly applied to it. Generally speaking, companies usually dont like to patch or include extra loading nessessary files for things like add-ons to characters, unless those items can be added without a dependency on a critical game file...as this helps to guarantee that no issues or glitches will occur. Anytime something big is added for the consoles, they usually update the xex file, and side load all the add-ons with the new xex.

That being said, it is not impossible to have a dlc armor available...it's more so just a pain to make happen, and even more of a pain to ensure nothing critical happens to everyones game files stored locally on the HDD.