Official!!! Halo 4's 8 different armor abilities.

JHCRANE 14

http://www.gameranx....footage-at-pax/

Ok guys, I don't know if this has been posted or not but I found this video with some really good insight to Halo 4's Armor Abilities. It is a video of CTF on a new map called Exile. More importantly early in the video you can see where the player is customizing his spartan and we get some great looks at what the new armor abilities are.

Thruster pack- "Enables a powerful burst of movement offering the ability to evade or close the gap." This is the replacement for evade in Halo reach.

Promeathean Vision- "Allows users to detect enemy signitures thru walls and other hard surfaces." Completly new to the halo series. This is sure to be used alot.

Hologram- "Allows users to generate a nearly identical holographic decoy to decieve enemies during combat." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Jet Pack- "Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA resntry packs." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Hard-light shield- "Allows users to generate a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives." This takes the place of armor lock and looks very interesting.

Active Camouflage- "Allows users to generate a visable effect astonishingly close to invisibility." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Sentry Turret- "An automated turret which can be deployed to defend it's user or command a key battlefield checkpoint." Completly new to the Halo series. I like the idea of this.

Regen- "Allows users to realese a short-range energy field that heals any nearby spartans." This is a slightly different version of the health regenerator from Halo 3. Instead of it being a piece of equipment is an on point armor abilitly NICE!!!!

Watch the video and let me know what you think. I can't wait for this game to get here.

P.S. The new Pulse Grenade is awesome.

Awesome...from the video, the Jet Pack is not like the one in Reach, it is very short bursts and takes a bit of time to regen. SWhich is good, cuz Jet pack in Reach was OP. I am glad the regeneration field is back from Halo 3. The Sentry turret didnt seem to do much in the video, perhaps they will tweak it. I am very excited for Halo 4

• Like 2

You got a spelling mistake in the Sentry Turret bit of your post lol. Also the Pulse Grenade is like the B Bomb from Starfox and Smash Bros lol.

http://www.gameranx....footage-at-pax/

Ok guys, I don't know if this has been posted or not but I found this video with some really good insight to Halo 4's Armor Abilities. It is a video of CTF on a new map called Exile. More importantly early in the video you can see where the player is customizing his spartan and we get some great looks at what the new armor abilities are.

Thruster pack- "Enables a powerful burst of movement offering the ability to evade or close the gap." This is the replacement for evade in Halo reach.

Promeathean Vision- "Allows users to detect enemy signitures thru walls and other hard surfaces." Completly new to the halo series. This is sure to be used alot.

Hologram- "Allows users to generate a nearly identical holographic decoy to decieve enemies during combat." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Jet Pack- "Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA resntry packs." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Hard-light shield- "Allows users to generate a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives." This takes the place of armor lock and looks very interesting.

Active Camouflage- "Allows users to generate a visable effect astonishingly close to invisibility." Pretty much the same as Halo Reach.

Sentry Turret- "An automated turret shich can be deployed to defend it's user or command a key battlefield checkpoint." Completly new to the Halo series. I like the idea of this.

Regen- "Allows users to realese a short-range energy field that heals any nearby spartans." This is a slightly different version of the health regenerator from Halo 3. Instead of it being a piece of equipment is an on point armor abilitly NICE!!!!

Watch the video and let me know what you think. I can't wait for this game to get here.

P.S. The new Pulse Grenade is awesome.

Awesome...from the video, the Jet Pack is not like the one in Reach, it is very short bursts and takes a bit of time to regen. SWhich is good, cuz Jet pack in Reach was OP. I am glad the regeneration field is back from Halo 3. The Sentry turret didnt seem to do much in the video, perhaps they will tweak it. I am very excited for Halo 4

NO!!!! That is the thruster pack. Jet pack is still in there. Watch the video in the beginning and see what I am talking about. Thruster pack (what you are talking about.) Replaced the evade abilitly. Jet pack is still jet pack.

Fixed it, thanks.

So my loadout will be.........

Sensor- for extended range on your radar sensor

AA regen- AA regenerate faster.

Active Camo- because it's awesome.

NO!!!! That is the thruster pack. Jet pack is still in there. Watch the video in the beginning and see what I am talking about. Thruster pack (what you are talking about.) Replaced the evade abilitly. Jet pack is still jet pack.

Tallgeese did not say that it was the thruster pack. The jet pack has been nerfed a lot so you cant go crazy high like in reach. thats what he was refering to. I could see how you confused his secription with the thruster pack though. They have very similar characteristics, but they have completely different purposes

Tallgeese did not say that it was the thruster pack. The jet pack has been nerfed a lot so you cant go crazy high like in reach. thats what he was refering to. I could see how you confused his secription with the thruster pack though. They have very similar characteristics, but they have completely different purposes

Ok, I guess what I ment to say was I don't believe I saw jet pack being used at all during this video. I am pretty sure they were all thruster packs. However, I could be wrong.

The jet pack was displayed in the Exile captrue the flag video at the end. I was just referring to the jet pack in general and how it was changed. Either way, the jet pack was nerfed for the better

I see what you are talking about with the jet pack at the end of the video. It looks very similar to the one in reach in my opinion. Do you really think it was nerfed?

Drop shield is still in Halo Reach. It is in BTB. 343i did not remove it. They will not remove regenration field from Halo 4, they may nerf it however. If it truly does stop incoming fire like the drop shield, than it probably can be destroyed when it takes too many hits. I have a feeling that the regenration field will only be able to take so many hits and heal your team in that amount of time.

Some sort of drop shield grenade wouldn't happen to have been inspired from the 'Hail Mary' in RvB in any way, would it?

As for my thoughts on the armor ability selection, I'm well pleased. Camo looks good, apparently holograms are better this time around as well, and the jet pack (Now more of a jump pack) alteration looks good. My only criticisms would be the length of the dash provided by the thruster pack and not sure why the hardlight shield was put into third-person.