Bring back the blue Flames

Dev

For those of you like myself, missed the chance to get your hands on the blue flames in halo reach, should start a petition to bring them back just for a few more days in a update for reach or get it through waypoint. Comment yes if you agree with this idea, do not comment if you don't.

yes i agree i did not have a bungie.net account at the time and i think that you should be able to get it through halowaypoint

For those of you like myself, missed the chance to get your hands on the blue flames in halo reach, should start a petition to bring them back just for a few more days in a update for reach or get it through waypoint. Comment yes if you agree with this idea, do not comment if you don't.

You snooze you lose, simple as.

Whats done is done. You missed out, oh well. I have blue flames, i have red flames. I don't use them, but i have them. They are not special and do not add to the game playing experience. -My head is on FIRE! this is sooo good..... wait its a fps... how do i know my head is on fire...- if anything it would make it less fun because people can target you easier.

Personally, I'm pretty peeved with the Blue Flame thing with Bungie. Why?

When Halo: Reach was released, I was standing in line on opening night to get my copy and my brother's copy. Both of us pre-ordered, but my brother had High School and I knew going to Gamestop during the day would be murder... so I figured I'd go get the game for him. HOWEVER, when I got the games, Gamestop told me they were having issues with the code, so I should give them my email address so they can send me the code when they get the problem fixed. - A week later, I call them up and say "Hey, it's been a week and I haven't gotten my pre-order code yet", then Gamestop tells me "Sorry, no codes are left." - So I pre-ordered and I didn't get the pre-order armor? Lame. I tried contacting Bungie about it, but of course... I had no real way to prove it to them unless Gamestop would have somehow saved the piece of paper where everyone wrote down their information. So Bungie screwed me on that part. I did get the Recon helmet, but I thought that was for Overnight purchases only... NOT EVERY DAMN COPY, so Recon isn't special now.

On the Bungie Day event, I clicked the button like 50 times to get the blue flame. It never worked, so I waited a day and did the 50-click thing again and still never got the flame. I don't have an iPhone, so I couldn't use an app... so I just kept clicking and clicking and clicking. So when the Blue Flame event ended... and I still didn't have the blue flame... well, you can imagine I was pretty angry about that.

So yeah, Bungie screwed me over on two occassions where I could get limited items for dedicated players. Thanks for the player support, Bungie! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Have blue and red flames to be honest don't use much, stick with pestilence.

Your preorder for Reach was Gamestops fault mot Bungies.

And I'm pretty sure blue flames had to be activated before Bungie day which would mean you were late. Between iPhone and b.net the blue flames were available for like 5 weeks

It was a special day for bungie so they wanted to go out with style...erm firey I guess the word is...

• 2 weeks later...

Bungie gave everyone plenty of time to get in on it. You mean to tell me you couldn't spare 1.5 minutes to go onto Bungie.net and click the dang button? If so, then you like most dont deserve it. Don't expect 343 or bungie to feel sorry for lazyness.

amen

if u had a i-phone and got the bugie app u could have them eternaly but u dont have the bungie app or waited 2 long 2 active your eturnal flames therefor bungie thinks u should not have them @ all ive had mine 4 many many weeks now

I don't think that. Something that was overused was Emile's helmet. Like, literally, everyone used that.

Or the Hayabusa armor from Halo 3.

yeah im with u dude hes just mad cause he missed out more than likey & the emiles helmet thing u said it way overdone by 30% percent of halo players no dramatization as far as i can tell

Have blue and red flames to be honest don't use much, stick with pestilence.

Your preorder for Reach was Gamestops fault mot Bungies.

And I'm pretty sure blue flames had to be activated before Bungie day which would mean you were late. Between iPhone and b.net the blue flames were available for like 5 weeks

jester are u sure i tryed the b-net thing 2 it never worked just like he said i dont think i was 2 late cause days after that i used my girl i-phone got the bungie app and poof blue flames i think the app was the only way maybe?

i am a sucker that bought the legendary editon, preordered to get the extra chest peice. when i got to game stop that first night and asked for the exra dlc the clerk replied that all dlc they had was already in the halo box they had nothing seperate to han out. when i got home the chest peice dlc was missing dispite having preordered. i only have it now because i went onto ebay and payed a guy in the uk the email me the code.

My point is that its cool because not everyone has it and can no longer get it(unless on ebay),so if 343 started handing that out to everyone i would be dissipointed, as i would be if they suddenly gave eveyone they legendary flames!

i know bungie was going to give out blue flames long before any other non bungie employee just because they did bungie day every year. what took my by supprise is that it was more like bungie month and a half and also that this time you got to keep it after. so i freaked out(cause im a nerd) when i heard you could get it early but you needed an "I" device of type. i was not about to go and pay for a $100 or more toy just to get the blue flame so i asked all of my freinds if they had iphones ipod or anyother ithing so that i could get them, and my friends did not dissiponit. meaning i do have the blue falmes and wear them proudly because i had to go through the hassel of owning the gaming already, staying up on curent game news, signing up with bungie.net, and bother my freiends for codes on boxes they had probably thrown away.

so NO i do not think you should get the blue flames! sorry its to late they were bungies badge to give away. bungie did so in a manner they saw fit, and you did not meet the requierments and or deadlines that everyone who dose have them had to meet.

like i said i have every rare armor peice and 100% armory compeltion. what makes those items special is that you had to go throgh hoops to get them. i said before i felt cheated by the preorder recon helmet(given to everyone wtf?)and not getting the multithreat cheast for pre ordering like promised. however instead of loging on and complaining i went to ebay and got that multithreat cheast for $7. its gay i had to pay for it when i should have got it but my point was suppost to be more along the lines of stop complaining do somthing about if your missing things other that then blue flame! and as far as the blue flames if you did not meat the requierments you did not get it! i had to beg friends for iphone barcodes go to the local library to sing in to bungie.net and dispite all of the troubles still got it. so i dont think you should be able to get it now.

i dont have an olympic gold medal for cc and im an avid smoker so do you think that if i complain to the olypic commitee enough the'll give me the gold for being lazy and smoking and complaining alot? No you should not get blue flames!