Starting Weapons?

Tallgeese

So as many people may know, we now have loadouts in Halo 4. We can shoose a primary, secondary, and grenade type, along with other aspects. What i am trying to figure out is, what weapons do we automatically have access to? I know Frankie said that there will be pre-loaded loadouts to give us a look at what is to come. There has also been a video where the player unlocked the BR at a later level.

I personally have a feeling that the DMR and PP will be the starting weapons we have in our loadouts. i believe this because the two Specializations that are unlocked for EVERYONE to use from day one (after the initial 50 levels of course) are the Wetworks and Pioneer. Well Wetworks has a DMR skin, and Pioneer has a PP skin. So I suspect that yes alhough we unlock the other weapons while leveling 1-50, the two that we start with are DMR and PP. But who knows lol

Now, not to sound like Captain Obvious, but I think we don't have any unlocked at start. See, they showed you that we have five standard loadouts to use until we unlock items to use in our own. I think this means we have the AR in these loadouts and some basic packages and an AA. Once we rank up, we can make our own loadouts.

• Like 1

I agree that you are probably right Ryu...I just really wanted a little bit of something lol.

And Syko I dont think it will be an issue...from what it seems, leveling 1-50 will not take nearly as long as Reach, especially seeing as 343i wants people to level through Specializations as well. So we should all be able to get the weapons we want pretty quick

• Like 1

I agree that you are probably right Ryu...I just really wanted a little bit of something lol.

And Syko I dont think it will be an issue...from what it seems, leveling 1-50 will not take nearly as long as Reach, especially seeing as 343i wants people to level through Specializations as well. So we should all be able to get the weapons we want pretty quick

Yeah. From the footage i have seen the amount of xp gained postgame has been greatly increased. And i think the slot machine has been removed but im not sure. 343 wouldn't want us to play play and play for a year and then finally unlock specializations. It would deter most players who were actually excited to use specializations but dont have all that time to play.

• Like 1

As I have previously stated, I am guessing it will go similar to CoD...probably about a month or two to get from 1-50 and than another month for each Specialization. Besides 343i heard back from the community about how ridiculously long it took to level in Reach.

As I have previously stated, I am guessing it will go similar to CoD...probably about a month or two to get from 1-50 and than another month for each Specialization. Besides 343i heard back from the community about how ridiculously long it took to level in Reach.

yeah the 1-10 will most likely take longer than the 1-50

It'll proablly be something abit like CoD with the load outs. from level 1-10 you have access to 5 basic load outs with weapons that you can unlock further on in the game. These weapons will be the basics, with no upgrades and only a basic AA. After rank, for example, 10 you can start to change and customise your own load outs with the first starting weapons (DMR, AR, Magnum, PP, etc) again with a basic AA. as you rank up you unlock new weapons and AAs which you can then place onto your load outs.

Well 343i has already stated that Halo 5 is coming out in 2014 and Halo 6 in 2016. So I dont think 1-50 will take 4 months. I really think they are going the way of CoD in lines of length to level. 1-50 will take a couple months and each Specialization will take about a month. So youre looking at 8 months of specializations and 2 months of 1-50. Thats about a year and enough spacing for people who wait a year to buy Halo 4 to fully level up before Halo 5.

• 4 weeks later...

Well 343i has already stated that Halo 5 is coming out in 2014 and Halo 6 in 2016. So I dont think 1-50 will take 4 months. I really think they are going the way of CoD in lines of length to level. 1-50 will take a couple months and each Specialization will take about a month. So youre looking at 8 months of specializations and 2 months of 1-50. Thats about a year and enough spacing for people who wait a year to buy Halo 4 to fully level up before Halo 5.

I still think it shouldn't even be in the game.