I truly hate people who compare this to CoD, It's ridiculous!

YouForgotTheCarrots-YT

:angry: I absolutely despise people who hate on this game, saying it's like CoD, when they haven't even played the game. I have, and it feels similar to halo 3 with nice flow and ninja physics. The specs and loadouts just add a tactical edge that was missing from Halo 3 and reach. They give the series the opportunity to change and grow with new content and features, I loved reach and halo 3, but I don't want a halo 3 clone. Please share your thoughts, but if you start comparing to CoD, well, you have been warned
  • Like 2

Saying you hate people for somehting is a little harsh...

Personally though...some of the aspects being introduced to Halo 4 are indeed similar to those in CoD. But to be fair, CoD took those same aspects from previous games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and games that came befroe them. There is nothing wrong with incorporating aspects that have made CoD one of, if not the most popular FPS. it is a good strategy by 343i. And if it flows nicely than by all means keep up the good work 343i. People will compare Halo 4 to CoD, and with just cause, some of the aspects in Halo 4 are similar to those in CoD. Nothing you can do about that.

Saying you hate people for somehting is a little harsh...

Personally though...some of the aspects being introduced to Halo 4 are indeed similar to those in CoD. But to be fair, CoD took those same aspects from previous games like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark and games that came befroe them. There is nothing wrong with incorporating aspects that have made CoD one of, if not the most popular FPS. it is a good strategy by 343i. And if it flows nicely than by all means keep up the good work 343i. People will compare Halo 4 to CoD, and with just cause, some of the aspects in Halo 4 are similar to those in CoD. Nothing you can do about that.

I understand hate is bad, but he did not mean he wanted to kill them. People are afraid of change and will compare, this is normal. But when they just whine nonstop and criticize a game before release, I'm gonna hate listening to it too. It doesn't mean I hate the person outright. I believe he means he hates seeing people compare the two.

:angry: I absolutely despise people who hate on this game, saying it's like CoD, when they haven't even played the game. I have, and it feels similar to halo 3 with nice flow and ninja physics. The specs and loadouts just add a tactical edge that was missing from Halo 3 and reach. They give the series the opportunity to change and grow with new content and features, I loved reach and halo 3, but I don't want a halo 3 clone. Please share your thoughts, but if you start comparing to CoD, well, you have been warned

I wouldn't flame anyone who compares, either. You'll be punished.

That is very true Ryu, I was not condemning him for saying he hated those people, just that it was a little harsh lol. I agree that listening to those people gets old, but it has been going on before Halo 4 even came around, and it will most likely continue well after Halo 4. not much we can do about that. Hopefully the final product of Halo 4 truly shows everyone that 343i knows what they are doing. From the ComicCon bit that I played it was awesome...I loved the feel and the pace, and the smooth integration of loadouts. So hopefully the final product will be epic

Thing is people can hate all they want. To me it shows how simple minded, they are and can't except change. For people comparing the games, how is it comparable? Every game has their 'comparable features', but Halo and CoD are so different in many ways. To say they are similar you must be simple minded as i stated above or a troll. For all i care, the people that love Halo will stay with it and those who cry about change and hate on it, can go away from halo because we don't need them.

• Like 4

Game developers take ideas from other successful games and incorporate them into theirs to make them even better. You shouldn't get upset about comparisons because you could compare aspects of two completely different things. They are completely different games.

Change is there for a reason, it isn't there to make comparison really. :/

Also Call of Duty has a sense of realism and that's one of the primary focuses, realism.

Halo is a magnificent world of its own, that doesn't have to be totally realistic.

CoD is realistic graphics wise, but other than that, not really. In real life, it takes only one or two shots to drop or kill a person, no matter what the weapon being used. In Halo, yes they have aliens and whatnot, but it's more realistic because the players are wearing a tank on them, so it's obvious it would take more than one bullet to drop them. For everything in Halo (with the exception of a few bugs/glitches) can actually be explained. If you asked a guy who knew a lot about war and science why something works in Halo, he would say, "Oh, well you see it's quite simple *insert long winded and complicated explanation here*" but if you asked a guy who knew a lot about war and science why something works in CoD he would say, "Um... well... uh..."

As far as the OT goes, yes Halo 4 does seem to have borrowed a couple of mechanics from CoD. Maybe one or two. However, CoD has borrowed from Halo (as have many other FPS games) so it all evens out. I honestly don't think H4 is going to play anything like any of the CoD games. I imagine it to be a lot more fun than CoD.

• Like 3

I disagree Archangel, saying that someone is simple minded for saying that CoD and Halo is similar is in fact simple minded. The fact of the matter is that Halo and CoD do share certain traits, but those are traits that make an FPS what it is. Loadouts, weapon skins, armor skins etc. are all a part of CoD just as they are in Halo now...that does not make Halo or CoD a bad thing, just adds more depth to both games.

I disagree Killer...introducing features like loadouts and armor/weapon skins will only add to the depth of the game. And its not like loadouts will have EVERY weapon available, just the basic primary and secondary weapons

I know, but halo always had the "everyone begins on a level playing field" the only way to get other weapons was to pick then up.

Now that we can choose from a variety weapons ruins the balance and even playing field.

@ Killer: You can not have any weapon in the loadout...just the streamlined set that most people stick with anyways. You still get weapon drops and still can call in for new weapons. So the true power weapons will not be in your loadouts. Allowing people to play to the style that they like is fine...as long as all of the weapons are balanced, and they appear to be

The only features that are actually similar to CoD are the JIP (Join In Progress) and the Instaspawn, and from what I'm led to believe the latter of these features is only available on one playlist.

The loadouts are actually more similar to Halo Reach's than to CoD, because it only let's you have basic weaponry in the loadouts. The "Specializations" sound more like they can be compared to BF3 rather than CoD. However the specializations in Halo 4 are far more intricate than BF3's basic 4.

Do I have to buy these load out weapons?

So if I want a battlerfile and a plasma rifle, I need to level up and buy these weapons?

Correct?

Yes, but you don't level up the weapon itself. And the weapons are purely cosmetic. The DMR, BR, and Carbine are fairly evened out, so it's not like you gain an advantage (Like you do in CoD and BF3). Not to mention that they haven't released how the unlock system is going to work, so for all we know all of the weapons except the covenant/forerunner weapons are unlocked, and the majority of unlocks are weapon skins. We'll see when it comes out (or closer to the release date).

All of what the veteran posters are saying is true. Halo can be compared to CoD and vice versa, due to the fact they have similar traits in and out of game. Here is what I can say, Halo and CoD run completely different, you just can't compare the gameplay. The Director does make a good point when he said that there is a true science to Halo and that there is not in CoD.

This is what I believe creates a huge skill gap between the two games. While in CoD I can hold my trigger down and hope for the best, about 75% of the time I can come out on top. In Halo this is not the case. I cant just repeatedly pull my trigger with the BR and hope for best, if I do well than 90% of the time I WONT come out on top.

That has always been my case when dealing with people comparing these two games. The hard truth is that there is a major skill gap between the two games. Even with that being said, as easy as it is to put the comparison to rest, don't waste your breath with CoD fan boys. They will never give up fighting for there beloved game, just as we will never give up.

Yes, but you don't level up the weapon itself. And the weapons are purely cosmetic. The DMR, BR, and Carbine are fairly evened out, so it's not like you gain an advantage (Like you do in CoD and BF3). Not to mention that they haven't released how the unlock system is going to work, so for all we know all of the weapons except the covenant/forerunner weapons are unlocked, and the majority of unlocks are weapon skins. We'll see when it comes out (or closer to the release date).

AWESOME!

My faith in Halo 4 is once again, restored!

• Like 1

I agree Halo has a realistic edge, but it wasn't something it needed (Jumps are like moon physics) like the COD developers had wanted.

I have no problem with inspiration. As long as fans stop spreading slander.

There is a reason jumps are like moon physics. You are a spartan. You can jump that high. Now, the marines in Halo 3 on Tsavo highway? that's just the game making them jump that high across that gap. It is a limitation.

Perhaps they all played Basketball in their transport cruisers? :troll:

Good :D I'm glad to have helped bring you back to the fold. Now, let us all wait in anticipation for the glory of the coming of Halo 4!

Quite literally, so far every bad thing i originally disliked about H4 has been proven wrong, EXCEPT for the removal of the Elites in matchmaking..

I am disheartened but not broken by it..