Spartan 4 Combat Effectiveness?

SykoWolf

So obviously there will be Spartan 4's by your side in the Campaign, i wanted to know how effective they will be in combat?

Will they fail miserably like normal marines?

Or will they be similar to other Main characters?

Also will they be able to die during non-scripted fights?

• Like 1

Well at first I'm hoping they'll struggle, this is basically Contact Harvest all over again, Humans encounter a new Alien civilisation, so they're in a rough situation already, no information of what the enemy are, their military structure, their weapon capabilities, weaknesses etcetera.

But we know that the Spartan IV's are compiled of Marines, and I believe ODST's/Spartans from previous programmes as well? (I wonder if the Spartan's that are re-rolled into the Spartan IV programme will be easily recognisable from their marine counterparts in terms of ability and strength, which would be a nice touch).

And with Human's technology advancements, especially the recovery of Forerunner technology from the Onyx shield world, AND the Engineer's from the Onyx shield world, the Spartan IV's will probably not struggle for long, and show the enemy they mean business.

It'll be like the Forerunner-Human wars. It's almost identical for Halo 4's situation, instead of Flood, we have Covenant.

And I...believe I've rambled of and avoided the topic discussion, I do apologise :P

• Like 1

The AI's will be updated in this game so the spartan IV's will be more affective. They also will have shields and be able to dish out more damage. possibly they could also use armor abilities so im sure they will be vey helpful throught the campaign. As a sidenote since there are so many of them im sure you'll see quite a few of them die.

No way!! Kat is a troll :P

But just more advanced then the average marines, cause Spartan 4's are meant to be highly trained soldiers with super soldier enhancements, so they should be somewhat deadily.

Could you refresh my memory for me, please? I don't remember reading Spartan IV's having super soldier enhancements? I know that some of the Spartan IV's could be surviving members of previous programmes, so they count for the super solider enhancements, but what about the marines?

Or are the enhancements completely different this time round, and are perfected for the Spartan IV candidates due to their age group?

Thank you for helping clearing it up for me, I don't want you to take this as a negative response.

Hopefully we learn more about the Spartan IV programme in Halo: The Thursday War.

EDIT: Decided to use the internet, and found out the people of the Spartan IV programme WERE augmented. I should of looked online before asking, sorry about that :)

• Like 1

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Spartan-IVs are made of Marines?

Apparently so. According to Halo wiki, the Spartan IV project consists of Adult volunteers. I think it would be safe to presume these adults would of had extensive training as a Marine prior to being contacted about being part of the new Spartan project?

Apparently so. According to Halo wiki, the Spartan IV project consists of Adult volunteers. I think it would be safe to presume these adults would of had extensive training as a Marine prior to being contacted about being part of the new Spartan project?

And where did Halo Wiki found this? Did Frank or anyone else at 343i say this?

P.S. Oh, Jeez! I'm Trusted! :awesome:

And where did Halo Wiki found this? Did Frank or anyone else at 343i say this?

P.S. Oh, Jeez! I'm Trusted! :awesome:

That's what I'm thinking haha, I'm not going to take it for granted until Frank imparts his wisdom or someone else at 343i says anything :P!

I have a feeling it could be right, but I guess we'll get a 100% comfirmation when someone at 343i tells us, or if Halo: The Thursday War tells us more about the project when it releases!

• Like 1

Spartan 4's consist of veteran members of the UNSC, who have the right genetic markers for the gene treatment, and they are volunteers, not forced to do it.

Again, is it confirmed by someone? Frankie? Somebody at 343i? Or is it just writed on Halo Wiki, that has no official word?

Again, is it confirmed by someone? Frankie? Somebody at 343i? Or is it just writed on Halo Wiki, that has no official word?

It is confirmed in one of the newer books i think? Plus im sure a few of the 343i staff have stated this also, i will have o show you.

It's confirmed in Glasslands. Admiral Parangosky says that the Spartan IV program will not be shrouded in secrecy like the past projects and it is open to volunteers as long as they can prove themselves.
  • Like 1

It's confirmed in Glasslands. Admiral Parangosky says that the Spartan IV program will not be shrouded in secrecy like the past projects and it is open to volunteers as long as they can prove themselves.

Ahhh, thanks man. I thought i had read it somewhere but i couldn't put my finger on it.

I'm not exactly sure, but I remember reading somewhere that the SIV's aren't as powerful as SII's. I'm probably wrong, but I do believe that they'll be an upscaled version of ODST's. If they are specific SIV's, they probably won't be able to be killed during an in-game battle, but there may be no-names that can be killed. Interesting thread :thumbup:

Ah, yes, now i remember.

It's logic. Better Mjolnir, better soldier, no need anymore to train them since 6 years old.

But then, all the magic behind the Spartans is vanquished.

No more Super-Soldiers almost immortals.

No more "Walking tank" imposing guys.

Sigh.

Ah, yes, now i remember.

It's logic. Better Mjolnir, better soldier, no need anymore to train them since 6 years old.

But then, all the magic behind the Spartans is vanquished.

No more Super-Soldiers almost immortals.

No more "Walking tank" imposing guys.

Sigh.

We still have the Chief! I'm hoping that something will happen between the Spartan IV's and him, resulting in Chief showing he's better then the IV's. One can dream!

We still have the Chief! I'm hoping that something will happen between the Spartan IV's and Him, resulting in Chief showing he's better then the IV's. One can dream!

Yes, we still have the Chief. And Fred, Linda, Kelly. And the others on the Spirit of Fire.

But then? Chief is not immortal, and he's going on the fifty, like all the S-II's.

Everything has to end.