LIGHTNING HAS JUST STRUCK MY BRAIN!!!!!!!

Fail Master

What if you could control the marines? i mean like tell them what to shoot at or hide behind?

If you have played TC End War then you'll know that it can be done in a game to allow speach recognition through a mic. Each unit had a number(unit 1-9), major places on the map had names (siera, tango, wiskey) and all enemys also had numbers (hostile 1-9).

The was also verbs that could be used.

So say you wanted unit one to attack hostile 3 you would say in a clear voice into the mic -

"unit 1 attack hostile 3"

If you wanted unit 4 to move to building siera you would say

"unit 4 move to siera"

if siera had already been captured by the eney you could say

"unit 4 attack siera"

you get the picture.

In theory this could be applied to halo, giving each marine squad a name (alpha, bravo, charlie) then giving each enemy a number. Any any major cover spots are given key words such as "crashed pelican" or "large rock".

and if there was a place you wanted your marines to go but there was no key word for it, an action button could be added or an order "to pointer" (the pointer being the point at which you are aiming.)

Just an idea and its probally too late to add this into H4 but it could be caried across and kept as a possible idea for H5? It would add a whole new dimention to the way halo is played.

• Like 1

Halo isn't really like that, i just don't see it happening, halo isn't built for you to control the marines, its built to control the chief, and i just can't imagine being able to control the AI a possibility.

sorry.

fair enough, im not really saying you compleatly control them, more just you can tell them to do sumthing else and then carry on with their programmed task. ie: kill an elite then go back to the task that the were originally doing

Hmm could be like some other FPS games where the d pad can control what some of the marines actions could be (get to cover, covering fire, and focus fire on a specific target) could be a cool idea and if implemented well could be awesome in game

Halo isn't really like that, i just don't see it happening, halo isn't built for you to control the marines, its built to control the chief, and i just can't imagine being able to control the AI a possibility.

sorry.

Agreed, that would be too much for the game. Pretty much making the Marines your ******* instead of the bad guys.

Other games do this. Halo would be just tainted by this IMO if it were to happen. Adding this is not necessary and useless as is. People like to play on high difficulties and on Legendary, Marines are useless.

It seems cool, but if it happened, you'd rather just shoot the Elite rather than tell a marine to.

The marines aren't there to help you handle the bad guys. The only thing they seem to be there for is to sort of show you how much more of a bad*** MC is than they are.

They whole point of Halo's campaign is kind of lost when you have Master Chief using marines to do his dirty work for him. Not to mention that even in their semi-passive roles during previous campaigns they usually ended up slaughtered like cattle, so it would be a pointless feature as well.

I don't see this working for Halo, sorry.