Forerunner vision Change/ + New immerse HUD feature.

RayizRambo

Campaign/Spartan Ops Hud Feature & Forunner Vision Change  

13 members have voted

1. 1. New Hud feature immersible and acceptable?

2. 2. FrVision change for the better?

So I got the thinking and I noticed how over used Forerunner vision will be, so why not change how it works but keep what it does similar to how it is now. But the way i'm suggesting it will make it take a bit more skill.

Ok so, the way forerunner vision works now is that you activate the skill and your HUD[Helmets vision] turns all funky and what not and displays a similar type of vision to X-rays which allows you to see through objects and locate your enemies who will show up red in the vision while it is active.

--Now what if we changed that

Making it more of a sensor then an ability to see through walls. When activateing it a small pulse similar to sonars will ripple outward from your dot on the bottowm-left circular map on your HUD. Anything within a fair range that is a player will show up. An enemy that get hits by that sonar wave well get a 3-D cool lookin' red arrow above their head. Now you can't see the enemy but you can see the red arrow through any wall or obstacle and after about 3 seconds the arrow fades.

[People on your team will receive a white-ish 3-D arrow faintly so you know where your teammates location is as well.]

-This removes the funky colors that happens when you activate the current forerunner vision.

-Makes it useful still but not so overpowered, and gives your enemy more of a chance.

-Gives a sense of suspense as well sense now you can't see the whole body image of your enemy and what weapons they are holding.

How it works: Basically your HUD calculates the position of your enemy based off the sonar wave that hits them and quickly places a near-accurate assumption of were the enemy is by placing a arrow that can be see through objects and giving you a non-stop feed on where they are moving on your bottom left HUD map.

*Thoughts and ideas and how can this improve below please.*

The new forerunner vision above can also be implanted for a more immersive HUD and tactical gameplay to spartan Ops and the campaign. Imagine walking toward your objective and activating the HUD Feature. Now it displays how many targets there are, gives a faint outline of their body so you can give your own digression as to weather that enemy is a brunt-jackel-or Elite. Locating them for you, and notifys you after you kill the target that its really dead for good by having a small fading in and out X next to them as they die. Overall making you feel like your HUD is futuristic, advanced, and important in tactical play.

-Sorry for the crappy picture but it would be way better graphically done, but here's a jist of what i'm talking about and it could still be improved.-

iCnjN.png

No, Promethean Vision has been nerfed anyway. Your idea would definitely be cool, but 343 have now made it stay in effect for less time, and increased recharge time. It also can not see through multiple walls anymore. It is effectively nerfed enough.

Plus, this is forerunner tech we are talking about here. It can definitely do more than put an arrow above someones head.

Personally I don't see what everyone is griping about. Knowing where someone is, and having the skill to take out that player are 2 completely different things. I've seen x-ray mods before in all titles of Halo, and unless you have the skill or tactical prowess to use locational knowledge to it's fullest, seeing where players are will do nothing for you. Even if someone see's you coming and decides to hide or wait for you, unless that player can evade well enough or catch you off-guard, it does nothing. I always check corners and sometimes throw a random nade out just in case someone is waiting for me by chance. Using good common sense on the play field can always be a better skill or trait to use in combat than something like Promethean Vision.

• Like 1

Promethean vision has already been tweaked since E3 and even ComicCon so we will have to see just how 'OP' it is at launch. Also 343i will likely nerf things once Halo 4 comes out and the community lets 343i know what needs to change. Also, once a newer player learns how to fully use the Motion Sensor, PV will not be that useful. It is a neat feature, but anyone who can use the motion sensor will most likely not use it. In essence it will only be useful in seeing someone that is cloaked (strength), and not be useful in seeing which person is the hologram (weakness).