Sticky Grenades...

Tallgeese

In Halo 2 sticky grenades stuck to everything no matter what seemingly, In halo 3 they toned it down to stick within certain proximity of the enemy player, however in Halo reach, the sticky seems to literally pass through the enemy and not stick to them, fly past their head, arm, leg etc. and not stick. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED for Halo 4. It is called a sticky grenade for a reason...

It is called a sticky grenade for a reason...

Yes.

It's called a sticky grenade because you need to stick them. Try aiming for their body with more accuracy. When I get my hands on a sticky, 90% of the time I usually end up sticking someone. This is because I have accuracy. Just aim better or just throw your sticky grenade in front of your enemy so it kills them. If you're really going to complain about something this stupid, then why not just use Frag grenades? Hmm?

• Like 1

LOL I am not a noob...I have played Halo since the original CE. i know how to stick someone...and yes I aim for the biggest target, the abdomin/chest and yet still it does not stick. It used to be that even if you and the enemy were jumping around you could stick them. Now it just flies between their legs or goes over their shoulders. I also have a saved film of 2 stickied going through the enemies body, and than head. So no it is not always me, it is usually the mechanics of the game.

Also Donut this is not something stupid to complain about, it is a mechanic of the game that needs to be addressed, not that it would take 343i that long to look at and fix. Plus isnt saying someones opinion stupid against the forum rules? Hmm?

Also Donut this is not something stupid to complain about, it is a mechanic of the game that needs to be addressed, not that it would take 343i that long to look at and fix. Plus isnt saying someones opinion stupid against the forum rules? Hmm?

I wasn't saying your opinion was stupid, just that you complain about the stupidest things. It's stickies, I mean really. There are tons of other things to complain about in Reach, but this? Come on. It's really easy to stick people, you just need practice. This is something REALLY stupid to complain about.

1) Aim better.

2) Have better accuracy.

3) Have a Moderator lock this pointless thread.

4) It is probably your/someone else's connection making the stickies go through the body.

5) Throw the stickies to the ground.

6) Throw in the middle/lower area of the player.

7) Use Frag Grenades.

yeah but when a sticky flies between someones legs and doesnt stick smh.

When it flies betweeen its because you didn't STUCK them. Let me put it dis way.

lll . lll Between

---lll--- Through

I agree with RedStarRocket91, too many times I have been playing swat or snipers and gotten a headshot, the screen shows their head rock and blood spray but no headshot given. Also, what is up with the bulltrue medal? When I kill a sword player with a shotgun i still die and yet still get the bulltrue medal. The bulltrue medal means that you avoided death by killing the sword player. The medal worked fin in Halo 3, but in Reach it is way messed up lol

I agree with RedStarRocket91, too many times I have been playing swat or snipers and gotten a headshot, the screen shows their head rock and blood spray but no headshot given.

I was actually joking. The point I was making is that if you don't physically hit the target, you shouldn't do damage - if a sticky grenade goes near the target but doesn't actually hit it, it shouldn't stick to them any more than a Sniper Rifle shot that misses the target should do damage.

That said, I agree with you about stickies and bullets literally passing through opponents' bodies without connecting. The collision detection in Reach really isn't the best, and I hope it's improved for Halo 4. It's also why I get so frustrated with armour customisation: especially with bigger pieces, like the Grenadier chest or the Security shoulders, it can be very hard to tell whether you're actually aimed at an opponent's hitbox or just the visual noise attached to it.

No no no no no, the frigging sniper bullets have some kind of REALLY messed up problem. To kill a brute you only need 2 sniper bullets at most, when I shoot the brute and instantly shoot again the mother @%$#%& is still alive so I have to shoot again, the first shot was in the chest and the second was in the head. And you might think that the places I hit didn't do enough damage, but when I shot at the shest and wait a second THEN shoot at the head they fall to the ground without a problem. And when I shoot at them they kind of take a little step back, that's when I know I have to shoot, if the step is not taken then 1 second later I shoot anyway AND THEY DIE. But not a moment sooner or the frigging bullet won't do crap. It happens with Elites of any kind, grunts and in some rare times Jackals & Skirmishers are not affected b the motherloving bullet (since they are kinda hard to hit), so I can't shoot instantly after shooting once (and hitting), I have to wait 1 second before I can shoot again. Again, shooting is not the problem, the problem is shooting two simultanious shot and doing ****. And therefore waiting between shots to make more damage instead of killing the darn dude from two consecutive shots is (to me, I don't know anyone else) a frigging problme that needs to be adressed. Thank you.

when stickies zig zag at the last second and magnetically find somebody to kill its OP when they go through their legs it sucks but thats how it should be ya magnetic stickies make noobs feel like pros but its really just OP and makes people who know what their doing unstoppable

I can generally stick an opponent about 85-90% of the time in Reach, but the fact of the matter is it should stick 95-100% of the time. Halo 3 had the best stick percentage and best balance. Halo 2 was OP

There's a way to make yourself stick someone 100% of the time. It's called practice. The game isn't going to compensate for the fact that you missed them.

80-90% of my sticks in Reach actually stick. However 90-95% of my stickies stuck in Halo 3. Halo 3 had the best stick percentage and seemed to actually do what it was supposed to do. Hopefully Halo 4 can go back to the Halo 3 style sticky system.