I hope halo 4s multiplayer will not only focus on the mid ranged weapons.

eliawesome

I have finally realised why I like halo 3s multiplayer so much more than halo reachs. The reason is that in halo reach the focus is on the mid ranged weapons. I can play a match and only use the dmr all the time because if I would use any close quarter weapons I would probably be very bad against the other players because they probably uses the dmr.

So I really hope that halo 4s multiplayer will not only focus on the br,dmr and all the other mid ranged weapons.

• Like 1

i am 100% with you, personally i dont like the br or dmr since there are in my opinion so over powered at all times and ranges. I havent played halo 3 in a while but wasnt the br pretty over powered there too? anyways ive heard that in halo 4 the weapons will be good balanced, so the mid ranged weapons arent as good in cqb as before :) i hope

• Like 1

I ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ʀᴀɴɢᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ғɪɴᴇ ᴀs ɪᴛ ɪs. Tʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴘʟᴀɴɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ DMR ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɢᴇᴛs sʟᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ BR ᴜᴘ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ. I'ᴍ ɴᴏᴛ ᴇɴᴛɪʀᴇʟʏ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀʀʙɪɴᴇ ғɪᴛs ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ... ʙᴜᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏᴏᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ɪᴛ ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴛᴏ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴍᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴇᴛɪᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴜᴍ ʀᴀɴɢᴇ. Tʜᴇ ғᴏᴄᴜs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴏʙᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ʙᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍɪᴅ ʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs, ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴏɴ ʀᴀɴɢᴇ ᴛᴏ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴇɴɢᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴ ᴇɴᴇᴍʏ ᴀᴛ.

Iғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏᴄᴜs ᴡᴀs ᴍᴀɪɴʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ǫᴜᴀʀᴛᴇʀs ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴs ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇs ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ ɢᴏ ʙʏ ᴛᴏ ǫᴜɪᴄᴋʟʏ.

:)

I have finally realised why I like halo 3s multiplayer so much more than halo reachs. The reason is that in halo reach the focus is on the mid ranged weapons. I can play a match and only use the dmr all the time because if I would use any close quarter weapons I would probably be very bad against the other players because they probably uses the dmr.

So I really hope that halo 4s multiplayer will not only focus on the br,dmr and all the other mid ranged weapons.

I completely agree with you, actually. When the TU first came out, there were a lot of extremely angry posts from players who claimed that they weren't ever going to play again because now the Assault Rifle could actually beat the DMR and it wasn't fair because they shouldn't have to lose to 'noobs' who could get 'cheap' kills with it.

This really bugged me for two reasons; firstly, that anyone could genuinely believe that a gun which has enough bullets to get three kills per clip, has a really powerful scope and a ton of aim assist is somehow not a 'noob' gun itself; and secondly, that people seemed genuinely irritated that the DMR was no longer a 'God Gun' that could win at any range. Precision weapons, by their nature, really should be losing to fully automatic weapons at close range, instead of being the best non-power weapons to use in every single situation.

So yeah, I really hope that in Halo 4 the gameplay won't exclusively cater to the precision weapon crowd: every weapon should have a role that it can fill effectively, and there should be a clear balance in the general-purpose weaponry sets.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I completely agree with you, actually. When the TU first came out, there were a lot of extremely angry posts from players who claimed that they weren't ever going to play again because now the Assault Rifle could actually beat the DMR and it wasn't fair because they shouldn't have to lose to 'noobs' who could get 'cheap' kills with it.

This really bugged me for two reasons; firstly, that anyone could genuinely believe that a gun which has enough bullets to get three kills per clip, has a really powerful scope and a ton of aim assist is somehow not a 'noob' gun itself; and secondly, that people seemed genuinely irritated that the DMR was no longer a 'God Gun' that could win at any range. Precision weapons, by their nature, really should be losing to fully automatic weapons at close range, instead of being the best non-power weapons to use in every single situation.

So yeah, I really hope that in Halo 4 the gameplay won't exclusively cater to the precision weapon crowd: every weapon should have a role that it can fill effectively, and there should be a clear balance in the general-purpose weaponry sets.

well said
  • Like 1

I think that, from what's been shown so far, you should be able to construct a decent close range loadout. Have primary weapon AR, secondary magnum ( to hold mid range enemies off), for armor ability thruster pack, to close the distance, and for support package shield recharge, so that you can quickly recharge after ducking behind cover in a dmr, br, or carbine duel. Just my thoughts, but from what info is avaliable thus far, this should work fairly well.

Well with custom loadouts and a variety of maps, who knows how the flow of the games will go. I am sure just as Victory said, most people will use some sort of precision weapon as a primary. But some fo the maps so far look like they have a good mix of mid range and cq to them. Like all Halo titles, it will depend on how YOU like to play. I still love ths hotgun for most maps, but will use the DMR if the enemy is far away, which is common sense. The DMR and BR were OP, but 343i said all weapons will be more balanced. Personally they need to take the DMR out, but thats just me.

I agree with you. This was mostly because the maps that were created always featured open spaces and long passage ways. The only map on the original map set that was close quartered was countdown and there was still a lot of dmr cross mapping going on. I think the map damnation on anniversary had a very good layout for short range weapons. More maps should be made to match up to different weapon ranges and types. Many maps should also feature a variety of places where there can be different weapon advantages. Cough cough (not zealot ) cough

• Like 1

i am 100% with you, personally i dont like the br or dmr since there are in my opinion so over powered at all times and ranges. I havent played halo 3 in a while but wasnt the br pretty over powered there too? anyways ive heard that in halo 4 the weapons will be good balanced, so the mid ranged weapons arent as good in cqb as before :) i hope

I understand what you are saying, but they didn't feel over powered to me. It was usually just peoples play styles and the maps that would give an advantage to the mid ranged weapons, and with the new maps in Halo 4, i think it will feel more "relaxed" to you guys :D

I agree with you. This was mostly because the maps that were created always featured open spaces and long passage ways. The only map on the original map set that was close quartered was countdown and there was still a lot of dmr cross mapping going on. I think the map damnation on anniversary had a very good layout for short range weapons. More maps should be made to match up to different weapon ranges and types. Many maps should also feature a variety of places where there can be different weapon advantages. Cough cough (not zealot ) cough

You raise an excellent point about the maps there, Doc! Thing would indeed by a lot more interesting if maps catered to different audiences - maps like 'Midship', 'Lockout', and 'Zanzibar' were fun because there was a great balance between long sightlines and more claustrophobic areas, so any gun could be effective provided it was actually used correctly. Who didn't love the mad Assault Rifle duels on 'The Pit' in Halo 3? Sure, you could hang back and use the Battle Rifle from the turret towers or from the upper hallway by the shotgun spawns, but the real exciting stuff was going on in and around the centre, by the Energy Sword tower, the Rocket Launcher spawn corridor, and inside the bases themselves.

Reach just didn't have the same variety to it. 'Zealot' could have been interesting, but was so badly designed that they ended up literally killzoning off half the level, turning the rest into a dense mess where you could be attacked from any side at once and there was never a chance to get out of the action. Boardwalk has only one or two spots where a Shotgun really does prove more useful than the DMR, and even then the Assault Rifle is still darn near worthless. Same thing with Asylum, Pinnacle, and Uncaged, where there is literally no point in having a close-range weapon, because as soon as someone gets a DR they will kill you from far out of your effective range, with no chance of reply. It hurts map movement if everyone is afraid to go out into the open because they know they can be killed from miles away as soon as they leave a certain area, and it maes the maps all the play the same - part of the problem with why people get bored of Reach's 'samey' gameplay.

To my mind, the old map with any real variety is 'Powerhouse', and that never comes up fro selection these days anyway. Plus, how long would it take to get bored of the same map over and over again, just to get a different style of game? And what about those who don't like DMR play, perhaps preferring to fight at short ranges?

Well, I'm going to put it this way: Haven and Adrift cater to all styles very well from what I have seen. Due to the BR being only close to mid range, and the DMR being a mid to long range weapon, The BR can be effectively used anywhere on those maps as long as you don't get in a duel with an enemy across the map. Same goes for the AR The DMR can be effectively used anywhere on those maps except for the close encounter corners and halls. Both weapons have their place on every map we have seen yet. Even Longbow can cater to the BR and AR. In a lot of areas. These maps were made for everyone.

Well, I'm going to put it this way: Haven and Adrift cater to all styles very well from what I have seen. Due to the BR being only close to mid range, and the DMR being a mid to long range weapon, The BR can be effectively used anywhere on those maps as long as you don't get in a duel with an enemy across the map. Same goes for the AR The DMR can be effectively used anywhere on those maps except for the close encounter corners and halls. Both weapons have their place on every map we have seen yet. Even Longbow can cater to the BR and AR. In a lot of areas. These maps were made for everyone.

its all about the maps :thumbsup: