Halo 4: Banshee Bomb

SatanicBagels

Well we all know that the Reach banshee bomb was way OP. Good pilots on decent teams could get an untouchable almost every time they touched it. U'm curious as to whether 343 industries has made any comment on this feature? If not what does the community think should be changed for balancing issues?

Personally I think that the way to go is by removing the homing feature. If somebody is talented in the banshee let them prove it by leading their shots. Also I believe that the kill radius should be maybe 70% of what it is right now.

• Like 3

If that's the case... Should they take away Scorpion's shot and leave it with just the turret? And also take away Rocket Launcher, and Plasma Grenades? No, Banshees, just like the Scorpion, Plasmas, and Rockets, are supposed to be OP. So people with them receive more attention because they are more powerful.

• Like 3

I've never had a problem with banshee's recently. It may have been never if I remember correctly. Typically the team has people who just shoot at the Banshee whenever possible.

Strong vehicles never last long in the game anyways unless your whole team is devoted to protecting it. So they should keep everything roughly the same.

I think they should lower the blast radius. The damage is fine to me if the covenant were to create a weapon it should be lethal.

I also think that it should do more damage to the tank.

@ GamerTeamGuy. That type of vulgar language isn't needed. Try to act a little professional when adding a comment. Actually contribute an actual opinion or idea.

• Like 1

I think they should make the halo 4 banshee like the halo 2 one. No homing, much slower projectile, smaller blast radius but with a faster fire rate(like as fast as the grenade launcher). Or for those of you who think the banshee bomb is very OP, why not just remove altogether? Then maybe I can use a wraith without getting pelted by banshee bombs.

• 2 months later...

If that's the case... Should they take away Scorpion's shot and leave it with just the turret? And also take away Rocket Launcher, and Plasma Grenades? No, Banshees, just like the Scorpion, Plasmas, and Rockets, are supposed to be OP. So people with them receive more attention because they are more powerful.

Are you sure you played reach? The banshee bomb and scorpion blasts were about twice as strong as halo 3s as was the rocket luancer the grenades were fine. the fuel rod gun was also stronger. these should have been changed from the beta, but did bungie listen..... no. Why? becuase they wanted as much money they could get before they lost the series completely so they had as much money as could get to start their solo career working with activision of all people. They say they won't help with CoD. but i believe the temptation would be to great if they were offered.

Which is probably the reason we still know nothing of their upcoming plans.

Halo 3's Banshee was great...it was powerful but not OP. It felt like an aerial advantage while also feeling vulnerable in the open sky. I do not think that the damage should be reduced by 70%, perhaps it should be reduced some indeed, but not that drastically. I do agree however that the tracking feature should be removed. If someone is truly skilled with the banshee, than they wont have a problem elading their shots anyways.

From what I have seen on Halo 4 Exile gameplay, the tracking feature is still in the game, but it takes two hits against a tank to kill the tank. So it seems it is a bit less powerful.

Halo 3's Banshee was great...it was powerful but not OP. It felt like an aerial advantage while also feeling vulnerable in the open sky. I do not think that the damage should be reduced by 70%, perhaps it should be reduced some indeed, but not that drastically. I do agree however that the tracking feature should be removed. If someone is truly skilled with the banshee, than they wont have a problem elading their shots anyways.

From what I have seen on Halo 4 Exile gameplay, the tracking feature is still in the game, but it takes two hits against a tank to kill the tank. So it seems it is a bit less powerful.

It also took two shots to bring down a tank in Reach as well, if the tank was undamaged. What made the Banshee in Reach OP as all hell was the unlimited evade. In Halo 3, you could evade OR boost, and there was a limit on both. You couldn't flip around the map to make it super difficult to track you with a tank.

Not to mention that one of the reasons they improved the Banshee in Reach was because they added Lock-On to rockets again, but that lock-on becomes completely useless with the Banshee evading all of the time. Not to mention that it has no cooldown whatsoever and can fire WHILE evading. There really is no way to say that the Banshee in Reach was balanced, considering that there are people with 300.0 KDR's who got good at using the Banshee glitches to spawn kill.

• Like 2

It also took two shots to bring down a tank in Reach as well, if the tank was undamaged. What made the Banshee in Reach OP as all hell was the unlimited evade. In Halo 3, you could evade OR boost, and there was a limit on both. You couldn't flip around the map to make it super difficult to track you with a tank.

Not to mention that one of the reasons they improved the Banshee in Reach was because they added Lock-On to rockets again, but that lock-on becomes completely useless with the Banshee evading all of the time. Not to mention that it has no cooldown whatsoever and can fire WHILE evading. There really is no way to say that the Banshee in Reach was balanced, considering that there are people with 300.0 KDR's who got good at using the Banshee glitches to spawn kill.

When you make a vechicle like a banshee, that has average armour, it needs power. it was perfect in halo 3.in reach it also had no real competitor that could destroy it.

for some reason it keeps double quoting for me.

Agreed...the Rocket Launcher couldnt do much against the banshee in Reach due to the banshee's unlimited evade and boost. The falcon was a joke in Reach and could not compete against the banshee. Halo 3 banshee had limited boost and evade which worked, its armor was also adequate for an aerial vehicle. The banshee in Reach was OP, but its armor was a joke...an aerial vehicle should not be taken down by a rifle in one clip...

i think they should make the falcon more powerful to match how good the banshee was. that way it would be more even if you were playing a match where one team had covenant vehicles and the other team had human

Agreed. Make it so it can take 3 hits from a banshee and two from a tank.

I also think the falcon should have a turret for the pilot to fire as well...adding that extra bit of firepower would be nice

Yeah like on the campaign.

1. They should up the armour.
  2. The weapon should be more like the 'Hornet machine guns.
  3. The camera view for the side gunners should be lees awkward.
  4. It should move faster in all respects.
  5. It should not have overheating turrets.

Or it should be scrapped and bring back the 'Hornet'

Took the words right out of my mouth.