Bring 4 shot br back!

monty juice

Ahh I forgot that when shot while sprinting in Halo 4 you stop sprinting. That is a very good point Ryu brings up. I still think the BR should be 4 shot though, I loved it in Halo 3. And who knows, if 343i sees an issue with weapon balancing after launch they can change it.

Franky announced that if you use sprint in H4 and get shot, you stop sprinting for a short while(assuming you don't get shot again). second, I have heard that the br is 4 shot, if it is in close range due to the larger spread than before it is 5 shot at farther distances

Exactly. They killed way too fast. When you got shot, no matter what, if you were shot first, you died. In Reach, you still had a chance due to being able to react.

As does a 5 shot. Surely you can get one more headshot in? Besides, every weapon takes a certain skill. You say a spiker takes no skill. Well, that is the same as saying an assault rifle takes no skill. The same as saying a plasma rifle takes no skill. They seem easy enough to use, but a plasma rifle or spiker, when used properly, can kill a DMR wielding enemy. In Halo 3, the BR simply killed too fast. Of course, skill was needed badly for it to be fast, but eventually, people learned.

Again, don't let your behavior get worse, for your sake. The mods offer no forgiveness when people get out of hand. Just be careful with your words and how you use them. That is all I mean. I hate to see users get punished because they don't see both sides of the coin.

Haha the mods can do what they want to my account. The bottom line is that this is an online gaming forum. If the opinion of a (albeit irate) longtime halo player are completely inconsiquential, I might as well speak my mind.

Now back to your point. The issue with what you're contending is skill. It doesn't matter if the br is 4 shot or 5 shot or 10 shot kill. A perfectly used br should beat a perfectly used spiker or asssult rifle or whatever other automatic weapon those geniuses have dreamt up for this "competitive"*** title. Every game has a skill gap. It concerns me that halo, once the alpha and omega of the fps world, is going to diminish the game's skill gap ON PURPOSE. I have followed mlg since 2005. The decreased skill gap in halo is deplorable, but it is not debatable.

All the weapons in Halo 4 will have there strengths and weaknesses. If you use the right weapon in the right circumstances, you will come away alive. The BR was over powered before, but i believe that 343 has addressed the issue. Otherwise, it will breed a new gen of noobs and we all dont want that.

So to sum up what i said- BR not overpowered anymore, it is scaled down so people have a chance.

I can stomach a 5 shot br but for god's sake take off recoil. Who wants recoil in the game??????????????? It's a mildly less annoying version of bloom. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY would you out bloom/recoil in a halo game????????? I want to kick frankie square in the nads.

If you want a 4 shot BR then change the weapon strength settings in custom games.

if what TsicksSense is true, than that would make sense. The BR is made for mid range shots, if you try pushing it farther than it will be a 5 shot BR, if you use it closer up it will be a 4 shot BR. The weapon spread of the BR is the only issue that makes it 4-5 shot

Haha the mods can do what they want to my account. The bottom line is that this is an online gaming forum. If the opinion of a (albeit irate) longtime halo player are completely inconsiquential, I might as well speak my mind.

Now back to your point. The issue with what you're contending is skill. It doesn't matter if the br is 4 shot or 5 shot or 10 shot kill. A perfectly used br should beat a perfectly used spiker or asssult rifle or whatever other automatic weapon those geniuses have dreamt up for this "competitive"*** title. Every game has a skill gap. It concerns me that halo, once the alpha and omega of the fps world, is going to diminish the game's skill gap ON PURPOSE. I have followed mlg since 2005. The decreased skill gap in halo is deplorable, but it is not debatable.

The skill gap in Halo 3 was too large. Newbs who somehow got in a match with an expert were murdered. Maybe the way it should be, but they couldn't have much fun when they kept getting killed. Halo reach really closed the gap too much, but it was a step in the right direction. In Halo 4, I'm sure that the BR is 4 shot up close like the others say, but at a distance, it isn't going to be the all powerful weapon from Halo 3. Therefore, the skill gap is smaller than Halo 3, but not closed like in Reach. It evens it out.
  • Like 1

Hayabusa, I hope you're correct. If you are, and halo 4 indeed has a bigger skill gap than reach, I will eat my words and sing the praises of 343. I would love nothing more than to be wrong here.

At the e3 presentation of halo 4, I can tell you for a fact that the br was a 5-shot kill, even at close range. The kill time is a comical 1.83 seconds. The dmr and carbine, for perspective, had kill times in the 1.4 second range. That is not toning back a powerful weapon to balance gameplay. That is trashing a weapon to appease whiney casual players.

I apologize if you've seen my last few comments (on these two simultaneous threads) as pejorative. I truly don't mean to offend. It goes without saying that my view on halo is very different from the average user on here. It's just frustrating for me to see what halo is becoming.

Everything that I've seen about halo 4 points to a halo reach-like disappointment. I know that hardly anyone on this forum cares (and I'm not saying they should), but the competitive halo scene is falling apart. I think it'd be a shame for all halo fans if halo 4 is not an mlg title.