lets talk about the halo movie if there is ever one

I actually think there 'could' be. From the looks of the live action clip shown at E3, there is alot of potential of a movie. One problem is funds and time of the movie. As Halo is so in depth, not enough could be shown in the 2-3 of a normal movie, so thats a downside. But I'll forever be hopeful of one :)

They are not going to make a halo movie anytime soon. they had peter jackson and a script already set before. what happened is Microsoft demands were unattenable for hollywood movie studios.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/04/halo-movie-generation-xbox/

"Microsoft wanted $10 million against 15% of the box office gross, in addition to a $75 million “below-the-line” budget and fast-tracked production."

dumbasses. unless they change their tune, it's never gonna be made. name a huge sci fi hollywood production with a budget of $75 million?

Was hoping to see Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamps version...would probably have been something.

Even still, Video game movies usually suck, and making a good Halo one would be particularly difficult since the protaginist is completely faceless. So you'd either have to go with another story or try to build one around MC, which would be difficult.

Making one about the Fall of Reach would be best. I'd like to see a movie which really captured the overwhelming power of the Covenant or the fear of fighting them. I mean, I would just make it a war movie...try to stay away from your typical "Okay, protaganists go here and there trying to pick up or destroy objects which destroy the world". Don't make it a typical sci fi movie about people saving the world, make it about a squad.

Just have a strong cast of entertaining character actors to play a team of Spartans, have them fighting with the normal troops against the covenant assualt, keep the perspective loose so we can see the war from multiple angles, kinda like in a Tom Clancy techno-thriller, and wrap it up with some nice stuff about the Spartans helping the Pillar of Autumn escape. Put allot of emphasis on fear, having the Covenant being scary, glassing and killing civies, and have allot of emphasis on spectacle. Make sure to have lots of stuff with the Spartans using high tech equipment and doing crazy things, kinda like how Active valor (if any of you saw that) puts the emphasis on all the crazy sheet spec ops guys do. Make sure to have big beatifull sky/space scapes absolutely full of hundreds and hundreds of Covie and UNSC ships going at it. Basically, make it the good story that Halo Reach SHOULD have been and put it in movie form.

• Like 1

Was hoping to see Peter Jackson and Neil Blomkamps version...would probably have been something.

Even still, Video game movies usually suck, and making a good Halo one would be particularly difficult since the protaginist is completely faceless. So you'd either have to go with another story or try to build one around MC, which would be difficult.

Making one about the Fall of Reach would be best. I'd like to see a movie which really captured the overwhelming power of the Covenant or the fear of fighting them. I mean, I would just make it a war movie...try to stay away from your typical "Okay, protaganists go here and there trying to pick up or destroy objects which destroy the world". Don't make it a typical sci fi movie about people saving the world, make it about a squad.

Just have a strong cast of entertaining character actors to play a team of Spartans, have them fighting with the normal troops against the covenant assualt, keep the perspective loose so we can see the war from multiple angles, kinda like in a Tom Clancy techno-thriller, and wrap it up with some nice stuff about the Spartans helping the Pillar of Autumn escape. Put allot of emphasis on fear, having the Covenant being scary, glassing and killing civies, and have allot of emphasis on spectacle. Make sure to have lots of stuff with the Spartans using high tech equipment and doing crazy things, kinda like how Active valor (if any of you saw that) puts the emphasis on all the crazy sheet spec ops guys do. Make sure to have big beatifull sky/space scapes absolutely full of hundreds and hundreds of Covie and UNSC ships going at it. Basically, make it the good story that Halo Reach SHOULD have been and put it in movie form.

this sounds like a movie based on the book, Fall of Reach. based on the perspective of Master Chief and his team complete with a space assault on a covenant ship, terrestrial assaults through covenant forces and a spaceship naval battle. tough to do in a movie and obviously tough to capture in a game cuz Halo Reach changed the story to fit the game play they wanted.

If they make a movie, I hope the main character isn't the Master Chief, I'll like it if it's connected to him somehow but if they base it off him and his story people are gonna be like "OH MY GAWD!!! This movie SUCKS! That never happened!! In Halo 2 it clearly happened like this..." I'm sure you get my point. They can't make a perfect translation of the story from the games to a movie. That's the reason why some movies that came from books are sometimes hated on because they don't follow the original story line like "The Lighting Thief"

The solution to this is make a brand new story about an ODST squad or anything else. That'll be much better. Because also, if it's about Chief, we already know what's going to happen. If we have a brand new story of an ODST (or something else) we will be guessing what will happen next instead of going oh, this is where the Prophet of Truth dies. Also the writers will be able to add and remove things without people flipping over their tables.

Oh yea, and make it tragic like Reach and not happy. Haha.