Halo Bulletin confirms XBL Gold required for Spartan Ops

Mr. Bashful Brute

Woah there, sorry I offended you.

From my personal experience I have never played Firefight with my brother or while friends are over. We always make some forge maps and play those, which are very fun, and doesnt require gold.

No no, i'm not angry with you, friend. I'm angry with 343i.

And yes, also Forge is funny...but it get boring after a while, in my opinion. Firefight is....WAS way better.

• 1 month later...

@shado12: Yes but not everyone has the money to buy Gold. What about those who wish to play and enjoy the game long-term, but aren't as well-off as the rest of us?

@Doctor: Yes but remember. Halo CE (for xbox) had NO online capabilities whatsoever.

I'm just saying people should be able to have fun in the long-run without having to buy XBL Gold. Sure, there's campaign, but that gets a bit old after a while. Sure, there's split-screen multiplayer, but you can only do that when your friends are over. These aren't the good old days where there were LAN parties all over.

i know wot ur sayin exactly!!! i made a page supportin spartan ops to available to all pplz, https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream

They just took out one of the most fun things to do in Halo for some of the offline players like me. I have a dad who thinks XBL is just a waste of money so my life in the Xbox world will be always very boring.

support/like if ur interested!!! https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream

Well, that's disappointing. It's a shame people with Silver (or whatever the new equivalent's called) can't access it, especially considering that it's included in the price of the game. If you pay for it, you should get it, regardless of what other services you are or aren't subscribed to. There's no reason it couldn't be played via split screen or LAN.

Doubly disappointing in the absence of a Firefight. I've had a lot of fun with that over the summer, while my ability to get my Xbox online has been restricted. I just hope the campaign has plenty of replay value, or that Custom Games has enough value to keep offline players interested.

like/support if ur interested, share with al! ur friends!! https://www.facebook.com/MakeSpartanOpsAvailableForAllPeopleWithoutXboxLive?ref=stream

What do you mean? Why it ruined our fun? Because we don't have all Gold accounts. I don't play too much online, and nor my brothers do. So, we keep only one account to get all the DLCs and stuff. Why should we pay 60€ every year for keeping an account that we almost never use?

So, we were having fun playing the Firefight mode.

Is that a problem? Maybe they don't get enough money from the game and future DLCs?

Hey dude, calm down, I feel your pain, but it will make you happy to know that the first 4(correction?) weeks are totally free.

:lol:

Hey dude, calm down, I feel your pain, but it will make you happy to know that the first 4(correction?) weeks are totally free.

:lol:

Er, yeah you should suppose i'm calm...you know, in more than a month i hope i calmed down. First 5, and no i'm not more happy. But with that Mantis thing, flood etc etc, my 343i rating is back on 8.5.

Er, yeah you should suppose i'm calm...you know, in more than a month i hope i calmed down. First 5, and no i'm not more happy. But with that Mantis thing, flood etc etc, my 343i rating is back on 8.5.

My rating is a solid 2.

But yes, the first few are free so, you just connect once to the webz and download it and I'm sure it's playable offline.

What do you mean? Why it ruined our fun? Because we don't have all Gold accounts. I don't play too much online, and nor my brothers do. So, we keep only one account to get all the DLCs and stuff. Why should we pay 60€ every year for keeping an account that we almost never use?

So, we were having fun playing the Firefight mode.

Is that a problem? Maybe they don't get enough money from the game and future DLCs?

Firefight was innovative, but It got stale. And 60 for a year isnt bad at all. I can see where your coming from with the brothers (if you still live with your parents), thats a larger chunk of money. But really, if your that good of a halo fan you can find a way. Keep one gold account, play online with your friends/brothers as guests, that works out fine. Sure it may not be the best system, but hey, "Life's a piece a' ****, when you look at it!" Also, if you dont play that much you should not be that concerned. The campaign will always have replayability, I played that campaign mode all the way up to 2010 with every game I have ever played for my consoles.

Firefight was innovative, but It got stale. And 60 for a year isnt bad at all. I can see where your coming from with the brothers (if you still live with your parents), thats a larger chunk of money. But really, if your that good of a halo fan you can find a way. Keep one gold account, play online with your friends/brothers as guests, that works out fine. Sure it may not be the best system, but hey, "Life's a piece a' ****, when you look at it!" Also, if you dont play that much you should not be that concerned. The campaign will always have replayability, I played that campaign mode all the way up to 2010 with every game I have ever played for my consoles.

I'm certain what he's trying to say is, he shouldn't HAVE to do that just to play it.

What?

I wanna know what you were smoking when you played it!

To date, H2 has the greatest of all Campaigns, story structure was perfect, it was smooth and gave birth to one of the most iconic Halo characters around.

You mean that campaign which was rather short and ended with an abrupt cliffhanger, which also distracted one from the main point of the game, and ultimately 'failed' to execute the political intrigues that took place in the game?

I think the 'smoking part' is the other way around here.

• Like 2

I'm certain what he's trying to say is, he shouldn't HAVE to do that just to play it.

well I took common sense basics and I noticed that was what he was saying (no offense, just dont like people thinking I didn't see the purpose of one's comment before replying to it, im sentient) But honestly, It shouldn't matter. People without live know the consequences when they buy a multiplayer focused game, especially in this day and age.

-snip-

Yes, at least we have campaign. And i'm gonna play it one hundred thousand times, as i did with Halo 1,2,3,Wars,ODST and Reach. And i enjoyed Firefight, but i played much more solo. It's just that with S-Ops is different, they're gonna release many seasons, everyone's different from another, and imo they're way better than Firefight. But it's Gold-required, and this is a shame.

• Like 1

You mean that campaign which was rather short and ended with an abrupt cliffhanger, which also distracted one from the main point of the game, and ultimately 'failed' to execute the political intrigues that took place in the game?

I think the 'smoking part' is the other way around here.

It was the second in a trilogy, it's ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger, in order for halo 3 to be possible.

I also don't see how it "distracted from the main point of the game"..

:/

It was the second in a trilogy, it's ending was supposed to be a cliffhanger, in order for halo 3 to be possible.

I was judging the cliffhangers execution, hence why I said "abrupt cliffhanger". The cliffhanger ending didn't 'arrive' in the context of the Halo storyline, and it left you with no sense of progress or resolution whatsoever, which ultimately ended up with little satisfaction to be found in the ending.

I also don't see how it "distracted from the main point of the game"..

:/

A great deal of attention is paid this time around not to the humans struggling for survival and / or Earth's fate that Halo:CE established, but instead it focused to the Covenant and their political upheaval within their ranks. You spent the first game indiscriminately fighting Covenants--yet now you're expected to be sympathetic to them and their hatred for humankind. While it may have added some complexity to the plot seeing it from the Covenant's perspective, it's abrupt implementation is what made it poor.

• Like 2

I was judging the cliffhangers execution, hence why I said "abrupt cliffhanger". The cliffhanger ending didn't 'arrive' in the context of the Halo storyline, and it left you with no sense of progress or resolution whatsoever, which ultimately ended up with little satisfaction to be found in the ending.

A great deal of attention is paid this time around not to the humans struggling for survival and / or Earth's fate that Halo:CE established, but instead it focused to the Covenant and their political upheaval within their ranks. You spent the first game indiscriminately fighting Covenants--yet now you're expected to be sympathetic to them and their hatred for humankind. While it may have added some complexity to the plot seeing it from the Covenant's perspective, it's abrupt implementation is what made it poor.

I thought it was good you got to see the covenants side of the story. I do not think you were supposed to be more sympathetic, more like understanding.

• Like 1

While I found the "Covenant side story" quite fascinating and a good idea from a plot point of view, I do agree that it's sudden premise made i bizarre, and I remember it led to a quite a fan rage by people (Mostly concerning playing as Arbiter and taking away the Earth experience).

Though it was better that they did this in Halo 2, rather than in Halo 3.

I thought it was good you got to see the covenants side of the story. I do not think you were supposed to be more sympathetic, more like understanding.

It did share some light on the Covenant's philosophical and political goals, which I did state added complexity to the plot, the way it was handled was poor.

As for sympathetic, well it is debatable, but understandable is a better definition for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mow some lawns, wash some cars, walk some dogs, babysit, get a part time job-use the money to pay for gold.

Ask for it for Xmas, Channukah, Qwanza instead of a new phone or a puppy. 60 dollars a year is the price of one brand new retail priced game, instead of buying thay game get gold.

If you look online you can find deals such as a year of gold for $40.

STOP PLAYING WITH YOURSELF.

• Like 1