Xbox 720 the 'inside' exclusive - Apparently due for release late 2013

Lazmarr

I'm not really strong on this subject but I would say its true. Reading the last few paragraphs really annoyed me. Its becoming more common place for companies to charge people money for games they already payed for which is very irritating. The game itself is $60 new which is ridiculous. Any PC gamer knows how expensive that is. Do you have ANY idea how many games I can buy off of steam with that much money? My friend is right, PC gaming is the way to go really. The only thing xbox has that really keeps me on it is Halo. Other than that I can look past it. Its $60 a year now to play on live, $60 for new games (not counting limited editions and tax) and the console is probably going to be at least $400 dollars. I can get a decent gaming PC for all that money spent, enjoy free games like TF2, and enjoy as well as make mods without getting banned or something stupid and not have to deal with squeakers or abusive players and the abusive enforcement team. I swear if new xbox is not a reasonable price, the games drop in price, xbox live drops in price or is free (yeah right), their enforcement team is less abusive, their customer service improves, all the squeakers hit puberty, and these companies stop double charging us to obtain games cheaper THEN I will definitely buy it. Until then I'll stick with a more mature audience on the PC. And those of you who think its alright to charge people extra money for games the developer already got payed for you can stick with the new xbox and maybe you should invest stock in the developer. I'm really vexed at the fact that they want to limit games to one console. Now your friends are going to have to borrow your whole xbox. Why not let people play the full game before they buy it? Games these days are so short and some are not even worth buying. I miss older days where games were much more enjoyable and rewarding. Now it seems these companies just want money money money? They don't care about their audience? I agree with the last line. I don't care whats in the new xbox I don't want it if Microsoft doesn't lighten up. :2guns:

Can't fork out 60$ for a great game, yet willing to drop literally 2 grand for a machine to play the game.

The really ****** up logic of a PC gamer.

:/

• Like 1

I'm not really strong on this subject but I would say its true. Reading the last few paragraphs really annoyed me. Its becoming more common place for companies to charge people money for games they already payed for which is very irritating. The game itself is $60 new which is ridiculous. Any PC gamer knows how expensive that is. Do you have ANY idea how many games I can buy off of steam with that much money? My friend is right, PC gaming is the way to go really. The only thing xbox has that really keeps me on it is Halo. Other than that I can look past it. Its $60 a year now to play on live, $60 for new games (not counting limited editions and tax) and the console is probably going to be at least $400 dollars. I can get a decent gaming PC for all that money spent, enjoy free games like TF2, and enjoy as well as make mods without getting banned or something stupid and not have to deal with squeakers or abusive players and the abusive enforcement team. I swear if new xbox is not a reasonable price, the games drop in price, xbox live drops in price or is free (yeah right), their enforcement team is less abusive, their customer service improves, all the squeakers hit puberty, and these companies stop double charging us to obtain games cheaper THEN I will definitely buy it. Until then I'll stick with a more mature audience on the PC. And those of you who think its alright to charge people extra money for games the developer already got payed for you can stick with the new xbox and maybe you should invest stock in the developer. I'm really vexed at the fact that they want to limit games to one console. Now your friends are going to have to borrow your whole xbox. Why not let people play the full game before they buy it? Games these days are so short and some are not even worth buying. I miss older days where games were much more enjoyable and rewarding. Now it seems these companies just want money money money? They don't care about their audience? I agree with the last line. I don't care whats in the new xbox I don't want it if Microsoft doesn't lighten up. :2guns:

Do you know how much money goes into big budget games like Halo 4? And Halo 4 is a guaranteed hit, but do you know the risk that developers take on new IP's and other games that don't have the brand name of a Gears of War or Uncharted? The games that you'll get for cheap on Steam are either games with smaller budgets, or old games that were at one point more expensive. You obviously do not understand how bad a lot of developers have it right now, even veteran game companies are being forced to shut down. Oh, and the developers aren't the only ones that need to get paid. There's manufacturing costs, plus the publishers have to recoup their investment. If the hobby is indeed too expensive, then yes, stick to lower budget and free to play games. but don't act like we're getting taken advantage of, the economy is bad for everybody, including the gaming industry.

• Like 2

My guess is that the new Xbox will be unveiled in 2013 and released in 2014 alongside Halo 5. Frank O'Connor stated at PAX that they were looking at Halo 5 for 2014, and Halo 6 for 2016, so I could see the new Xbox launching with Halo 5 as its flagship title. I dont think Microsoft would just release the new system withought showing it off at next years E3...though they could show it off and than release it in the fall I suppose, that would be foolish.

My guess is that the new Xbox will be unveiled in 2013 and released in 2014 alongside Halo 5. Frank O'Connor stated at PAX that they were looking at Halo 5 for 2014, and Halo 6 for 2016, so I could see the new Xbox launching with Halo 5 as its flagship title. I dont think Microsoft would just release the new system withought showing it off at next years E3...though they could show it off and than release it in the fall I suppose, that would be foolish.

Oh man....New Xbox with a Halo launch title? There will be so much violence....oh the horror.

I fully agree...but you know M$ they will want to make as much money as possible...and combining the release of Halo 5 with the new xbox would make them some killer money

Killer money?

No.

Ender of worlds money?

Yes.

They would make a literal ass tonne of money.

• Like 2

Again, you have no idea Killerdude, who I am around here. I have been a trusted business partner with Microsoft for more than 4 years, and have a development company registered under the name "Vyrant Studios" with them. Hence my logo.....it's not just for show.

While I cannot devulge the specifics of the new console or the development kits, I can tell you as a first hand owner and publisher, that the development kits HAVE gone out. I expect to recieve mine by end of November actually. Since I am a 3rd part Indie developer, I get last round of shipments....DOH!

You don't have to believe a word I say, and quite frankly I could care less. You run around these forums offering nothing but criticism and harsh posts back to members whom have been here longer, and have contributed more than you ever will. Do us all a favor and just shut the **** up once in a while. Your almost as bad as the dumb **** troll Grumpy who can't seem to do anything but contradict and badmouth every post. I'm tired of seeing you people derail threads and shoot everything down without backing up anything of your own. Again, just shut up and go.

For those who know me, you know I have never once lied or stretched the truth and I hold no punches. My reputation here is what drives people to look toward me for technical guidance in all things Halo related. If I wasn't sure or did not have any knowledge of anything "new Console" wise, I wouldn't post anything. Unfortunatly, Non-Disclosure prevents me from doing anything but confirming the existence of the dev kits, and the proposed release date.

With the way the gaming industry is shaping up, there is no way to accurately predict the future. While next-gen would be a good occurance because of technology, the upgraded technology would cause developers to take more time making games, because of the added possibilities. Games will be expected to get better and companies will have to cope.

That being said, as of right now there is no "proof" that has been released to the public, and while certain kits might have been released you don't know whether thats a "final" dev-kit or just a milestone.

With that in mind, be real careful before you come in here saying you have defined proof of a new console.

I would love to see the new console but I dont think its time yet with the economy in distress like it is.

Again, you have no idea Killerdude, who I am around here. I have been a trusted business partner with Microsoft for more than 4 years, and have a development company registered under the name "Vyrant Studios" with them. Hence my logo.....it's not just for show.

While I cannot devulge the specifics of the new console or the development kits, I can tell you as a first hand owner and publisher, that the development kits HAVE gone out. I expect to recieve mine by end of November actually. Since I am a 3rd part Indie developer, I get last round of shipments....DOH!

You don't have to believe a word I say, and quite frankly I could care less. You run around these forums offering nothing but criticism and harsh posts back to members whom have been here longer, and have contributed more than you ever will. Do us all a favor and just shut the **** up once in a while. Your almost as bad as the dumb **** troll Grumpy who can't seem to do anything but contradict and badmouth every post. I'm tired of seeing you people derail threads and shoot everything down without backing up anything of your own. Again, just shut up and go.

For those who know me, you know I have never once lied or stretched the truth and I hold no punches. My reputation here is what drives people to look toward me for technical guidance in all things Halo related. If I wasn't sure or did not have any knowledge of anything "new Console" wise, I wouldn't post anything. Unfortunatly, Non-Disclosure prevents me from doing anything but confirming the existence of the dev kits, and the proposed release date.

1. I do not care who you are, your name is of no importance to me.

2. Just because you are a partner, does not mean you have access to their prototype systems/consoles etc..

3. Someone could older then the goddam universe, doesn't make them right. Just because someone has been here longer than me, doesn't mean i'm not allowed to criticize them. Your thing is talking computer, mine is criticzing people, don't like it? TFB

4. I have NEVER in my lifetime, ever met anyone with a big of an ego as yours.

So, i CAN say you're wrong and i'm sure many would agree. You are part of a company who is partnered with Microsoft, Welcome to the club of about 1000's of other companies who are in the same boat. Again, YOU are a PARTNER, YOU are NOT an employee of MICROSOFT. You, me and anybody else here knows NOTHING about the new console, Other then the fact that there is going to be one. So continue to strut your **** all about, i do not care, and i really hope to avoid ANY future conversation with you.

Kindly piss off and leave me be.

Dunno, kinda hope not, the 360 still has a few years left in it..

imo..

The Xbox 360 wasn't even using new technology when it came out. The games rarely run on HD natively, the console's RAM is lacking, most games have to be locked at 30 fps, DVD's storage capabilities are also small...etc. This console generation has been longer than normal as it is already. Besides, just because a new console comes out doesn't mean the Xbox 360 will lose all support. And not to mention the price drops and all the older games we can play that we missed the first time around if you don't choose to be an early adopter.

The Xbox 360 wasn't even using new technology when it came out. The games rarely run on HD natively, the console's RAM is lacking, most games have to be locked at 30 fps, DVD's storage capabilities are also small...etc. This console generation has been longer than normal as it is already. Besides, just because a new console comes out doesn't mean the Xbox 360 will lose all support. And not to mention the price drops and all the older games we can play that we missed the first time around if you don't choose to be an early adopter.

I'll likely wait for the price to drop, you know new consoles, 500$+ a unit, crazy...

When it comes down to like 450/400$ I'll pick one up.

Plus, My Xbox still has a few good years left in it.