Halo: Reach is not canon, and Noble team cannot exist...

Roun Cole

I say, if 343i is committed to the fans, maybe you should remake the game REACH? I was telling my friends from the first day I started the campaign that the armor was wrong, and that the Spartan III's were too old. Regarding this, there are fans who write articles over at the halo.wikia site who have done a marvelous job of integrating as many of Bungie's mistakes into the true storyline as possible, and they all deserve widespread recognition and thanks by all HALO fans who care about the story. Thank you halo.wikia. If you want to know what I'm talking about, look up the spartans of Noble Team, and it will explain how spartans as old as Carter managed to make their way into the REACH storyline, and it explains how their armor was advanced well beyond the Semi-Powered Infiltration suit. All of that work is very well done, and they explain it as things that happened in the storyline, but were simply not in the books, or were done outside of the timeframe covered by the books. Again I will say, excellently done, thank you very much.

Despite all that, however, is the issue of Pillar of Autumn. That part of the game is simply NOT CANON. Even on the wikia pages, where people have worked so hard to cover Bungie's mistakes, they simply have to resort to game>book when it comes to the storyline of Pillar of Autumn. I would like to see 343i rectify the mistakes of Bungie, if that is cost effective, and I would like to not see the same carelessness that Bungie put into it's final product. To 343i, if possible please change the mistakes made in REACH, and please do not ignore your fans like Bungie did. I understand that there are many people at 343i who were at Bungie. I hope you individuals moved to 343i because you love the series and you will treat it with all the care you can. Thank you again, 343i for picking up HALO when it was in a place where it could've fallen away. All of us are grateful, and cautiously hopeful that you will bring back the attention and passion to the story and game that Bungie forgot.

But really, yeah, the game REACH is invalid in respect to the story.

Something else you over looked, was that Halsey acted as though it was normal to have IIIs talking to her, in both 'ghosts of onyx' and 'glasslands' she gets hopping mad over not only the fact that the program was done, but it was done without her knowledge, and the lengthy arguments in 'glasslands' as to the morality of the III program and the concept of spartans as a whole.

It really is an ugly thing that they pretty well did everything they did knowing it was wrong, but because they are no longer running the show they are not responsible for what they have done, they get to walk away with the money, and to add insult to injury, they are actually louded as heros, by the ignorant masses, not to mention that all the major media like IGN went along with it without complaint.

The sadist thing about everything is that no one questions media, whither its IGN or CNN no one questions what they see on tv, so Bungie walks away with a near perfect crime, hopefully what they have done will hurt them down the road with what they plan to do in the future, so much for 7th column huh?

All the BS aside, I think the only thing they actually did right was to add armor abilities, I have always hated the fact that everything gets boiled down to everyone just shooting at each other hoping to get the kill shot first without any regard for actual skill, nearly every MLG game ends with a close lead, and you nearly cant tell one game from the other because if you do something different in MLG you die. Armor abilities 'allow' you to actually think about the way you play, rather than running on preprogrammed autopilot.

Yes you are right the pillar of automm was already in the space with cortana that is The package on halo reach. But the noble team yes exist they are Spartan III the other spartans sended to reach are spartans II they can be seen dead on the final level of halo reach.

You fail to see the point though, they are to old, according to the start date in 'ghosts of onyx' the oldest a III could possibly be is 27, while Jun, Emile, and Carter, are 28.29.32, much to old to be IIIs, on top of that the IIIs from the first three batches are all dead. The oldest IIIs alive are Tom and Lucy, which I believe are either 20 or 21, so even Kat, at 22 is to old, its sad how slap in the fact it all is, they didnt even try to keep the game canon...

Roun Cole, chill the **** out! Halo was created well before the books. The books were an extension of the game that were created purely as a way for Bungie and Microsoft to capitalize on Halo once they bought Bungie and the rights. And the CREATORS specifically said, that the story layed out in-game will always trump any book cannon. Yes this is confusing, but how many people do you know, actually go in-game then pick up books while playing pointing out flaws? Obsessivve compulsive much?

Furthermore **** face, dont come in here insulting my fellow members telling them that their opinions dont count. Everyone who comes here has a right to express their opinion and who are you to tell them otherwise?

Games evolve and so does the hardware and software that powers it. Quit complaining that things look different from game to game, when quite obviouslt things are bound to change based on what can be added and taken away in-game. Epic space battles would have been nice, but do you have any idea of the memory overhead for that little spout? Do you know what rendering capabilities and limitations are in the 360 and the proprietary Blam! engine? No you don't, so go on about how you have a much better way to layout the gameplay.

But before I finish here, if I remember correctly, Glasslands contradicts your little Ghost of Onyx tidbit on the Spartan III's. In fact, Chief Mendez talks about Spartan III's being volunteers, not six year old children. No children were used in Spartan III program, which is why Halsey was super pissed and initially rejected them, because they wee not children that were genetically matched to being "perfect". She felt older or grown soldiers were too much a liability.

And if you wanna talk laws of physics, the the whole superhuman wearing tons of battle armor is irrelivant. No human can be enhanched to the point in which the muscle could exert the stength they describe in the books. Even if the armo was power assisted, where are you gonna cram that much assist mechanics into 4 inch armor? Oh thats right, it's Scy-Fy...my mistake.

Yeah, all I have to do is glance at the first lines of the first two paragraphs to know that you are to worthless to even take seriously, as my first glance tells me, you want to bull**** me over what came first, the moron or the dumb ass, and I tell you something, the game that came first, was halo1, which happened after the fact, you are the biggest ******* ******* I have ever seen, you come in here, expecting me to take that line of reasoning seriously enough that I will sit here and listen to your meaningless gorilla chatter, I dont play that game, go flame where people give a damn...

Guest ShadowSlayer

I hate everyone, but you're the lowest in my entire life getting off like that on these other members, who even though I've been a ****, have continued to show me kindness. GO TO HELL dirt bag.

Your argument amuses me.

What is that I hear, young squire?

The small ones are fighting again?

How very quaint. They shall soon tire of their useless exploit but before they do, let us observe then and learn their ways,while sipping a fine wine. What's that? I shall have the white chardonnay, from the valley of San Fernando. Mmmmmmm, haha, indeed, fine sir, they are woolen slippers, thank you kindly for noticing.

• Like 1

Your argument amuses me.

What is that I hear, young squire?

The small ones are fighting again?

How very quaint. They shall soon tire of their useless exploit but before they do, let us observe then and learn their ways,while sipping a fine wine. What's that? I shall have the white chardonnay, from the valley of San Fernando. Mmmmmmm, haha, indeed, fine sir, they are woolen slippers, thank you kindly for noticing.

No need to act like that. He hasn't done anything to you.