Plea to 343i to change elements seen in Halo 4 multiplayer.

DerpWithAGun

Hello everybody.

Mr. Biggles and I were quite disappointed a few days ago after seeing some Halo 4 full multiplayer gameplay footage. For those who would like to see it, here is a link: http://tv.majorleagu...&sort_by=latest

We saw the gameplay and straight away we noticed some things very wrong with the game. Here are some of them. (Note the ranking system is only an idea. We do not know what the Halo 4 ranking system is yet nor has it even been completed which was confirmed by frankie.)

Right now, the Promethean vision in Halo 4 absolutely cheap. You can see through walls throughout the whole map. The solution is as follows:

Promethean Vision: 2 solutions. 1st solution is: 15 second recharge time. Once you press the AA button it will send ONE pulse throughout the whole map and for a split second only you will see where everyone is. You will only see where someone is when the 'pulse' from PV reaches the position of the enemy.

2nd solution is: Promethean Vision's radius should be decreased the maximum length of your radar. Once turned on, it should last around 5 seconds and past the max distance everything should be just black.

PV in campaign should be kept as it is.

BR, DMR and Carbine. Battle Rifle should be a 4SK, ROF should be slightly increased.

DMR should be a 5SK. ROF should be slightly slower and make it a zero bloom weapon.

Covenant Carbine should be a 6 or 7SK and have the same ROF as the needle rifle from Halo: Reach.

Thanks Biggles for this information!

Carbine

• 18 shots per clip
  • 7 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 4 shots [4 shots being 4/7ths of a kill] ~2.57142857 kills)
  • 42 frames per kill
  • 1.4 seconds to kill (exact)

DMR

• 15 shots per clip
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 3 kills per clip (max) (3 exactly)
  • 44 frames per kill
  • 1.46 (repeating 6) seconds to kill

BR

• 12 shots per clip (36 bullets)
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 2 shots [2 shots being 2/5ths of a kill] = 2.4 kills)
  • 55 frames per kill
  • 1.83 (repeating 3) seconds to kill

This is why the BR needs to be tweaked. Those stats are from the actual Halo 4 gameplay. Quite un-balanced.

ROF = Rate of Fire

SK = skill shot. (e.g 7SK means it takes a minimum of 7 shots to kill an enemy with that weapon)

Movement speed should increase. Right now it is too slow. If the movement speed is faster then the gameplay is also faster, resulting in more fun. Sprint actually slows down gameplay because if you are running away from a player who is shooting you, that player will then chase you and that is about 25 - 30 seconds of gametime lost.

Ranking System: Ranking system should go from F (being noob) to A (being pro). Each letter rank should have number ranks in between for example: A-1 (Highest rank in the game) A-2 (second highest rank) doing this all the way to A-10. F-10 would be the lowest skill ranking in the game. When a player first starts playing Halo 4, his skill ranking should start at D-5. This system is similar to Halo: Reach's Arena game. Everyone starts out at 1000. When you search for game in War Games the system should pit you up against only players who are the same letter rank as you. To increase your rank, here is an example: Blue and Red team. 4v4. If you add all the number ranks of every red team player up you get a number. Let's say the ranks are as follows for red team: Player1 - A-5. Player2 - A-4 Player 3 - A-10 Player 4 A-7. Add them all together and you get A-26. Blue team's added rank for example is A-28. Now, blue team has a higher numbered rank which means overall, they have worse players than red team. If blue team wins, then every player from blue team will up a rank (e.g A-5 - A-4) and every player on red team will go down a rank. (A-5 - A-6). Now, if Red team wins, they will go up a rank by half. (e.g A-5 - A4.5) all players on blue team will go down by .5. (e.g A-5 - A5.5). If both teams are evenly ranked then the .5 skill rule will apply. To prevent the ranking system from being abused, once you reach a certain letter rank you can never de-rank from that letter, for example: If my rank is F-1.5 and I win the next game and my skill goes to E-10. Now I'm at E-10 but if I lose the next match I cannot de-rank back to F-1. When searching for a match, if the system cannot find anymore players in the same letter rank it will begin to search for players who are 1 letter rank below or above you.

Sprint: In War Games, when you sprint you run very fast. If you are sprinting and someone shoots you, the rest of your sprint bar depletes and you cannot sprint, but resume normal walking speed. In BTB this rule is different. If you are sprinting and someone shoots you with a rifle from a range larger than 75 meters (Dmr BR or carbine, power weapons don't count) you can continue sprinting as per usual. If same scenario and you get shot by a sniper rifle instead, you stop sprinting. In Halo 4, when you are sprinting and being shot, you slow down, but not very much. It is still very possible to escape from battle. Sprint should be a device for mobility, not a device to run away like a coward.

Forge: I just hope they reduce the amount of grey maps.

War games party match making: If you are in a party of minimum 4 players and you search for a game, the system should only match you with other players who are in a party of 4. This fixes the unfairness of a whole team of randoms vs a co-ordinated, communicating team in a party. Don't know for sure how Halo 4 will search for other players, but I'm going to assume it's the same as all the other Halo games.

Perks are fine except for the 'firepower' perk which allows you to carry 2 primary weapons. For example, someone could pick a DMR and BR as their weapons. They could camp in one spot picking off people from a distance using their DMR and then, when they eventually run out of ammo, go in a kill everyone with the BR. This promoted camping which will also allow the player to get ordinance drops quicker and keep picking the power ups.

Also, there shouldn't be an infinite sprint perk. It's waste, slows down gameplay and also promotes running away from enemies.

Also, there shouldn't be a perk to be able to pick up grenades of dead bodies. This stops grenade spamming but its not original Halo.

Grenades are a way to increase gameplay speed and are very useful in tactical play. By making them unable to pick up off dead bodies is a bad idea. The game will lack grenades which also makes the game boring to play.

Ordinance drops: Great idea. It prevents players from camping out the weapon spawn. When I heard about this I was so happy. But then, I saw gameplay. It's totally different than what I expected. To get ordinance you have to kill other players and then an ordinance will drop like 5 meters away from you. This is bad. Promotes camping. Ordinance should be how I imagined it all along. It's totally random. It could drop at random times, random areas of the maps, ect. Ordinance should not be controlled by the amount of kills one gets.

Armor Abilities: Armor abilities cause the game to be unbalanced. So I came up with an idea to stop them from being unbalanced. They should be similar to pickups from Halo 3. Let's use Jetpack for this example. A jetpack would be placed somewhere on the map. When you pick it up you can use it until the fuel runs out which should be around 30 seconds of continuous use. Once 30 seconds of jetpack use is gone then you can no longer use the jetpack. These are the stats I came up with: Jetpack: 30 seconds of use. Thruster Pack: Can use it 5 times until it runs out of fuel. Hardlight Shield: 1 or 2 times use. Hologram: Can project 5 holograms total but only 1 hologram at a time. Cannot use another hologram after 5 seconds. Once second hologram delpoyed, first one disappears. Active Camo: 1 time use only, lasts 25 seconds. Same as Reach Camo except doesn't jam radar. Since these are pickups 343i could implement back all the old equipment from Halo 3 such as regen field, radar jammer, power drain, ect. In custom loadouts you can start off with any equipment you want. This idea will balance gameplay and make it more fun too. Since all the AA would now be pickups, we can implement sprint back into the game. (Please scroll around and read the idea for sprint). Implementing this idea into Halo 4 would only probably take a week to do as all the 343i employees need to do is open up the coding for Halo 4's armor abilities and change the codes for unlimited use and re-charge time.

These are our ideas that we came up with. If you post below please refrain from swearing, flaming other members, abusing members, or any other activity which involves degrading or abuse to a certain member because you disagree with their idea. If your post violates any of the above, your post will be removed by a mod.

We are trying to keep this thread as professional and well control as we can as these ideas will be eventually submitted to 343i themselves for review.

If you have any ideas, changes, ect, please post below. I will edit the OP accordingly if I see your ideas can be improved upon or will work in Halo 4. Please keep your ideas realistic. Nothing like: add this gun into the game. Change the weapon model for this gun. Be realistic guys! And stay positive too!

• Like 5

Eh I'm fine with the chaotic/somewhat ridiculous gameplay offered by the gametypes we saw, should be pretty fun. But they must have a hardcore playlist which strips it down a bit so it actually feels like a halo game and there aren't killstreaks/perks. I want to actually be able to enjoy this game from a competitive standpoint, and with the current playlists they displayed at e3 that simply isn't possible. I'm definitely a fan of a matchmaking system which both rewards you for time played but also gives you an actual skilled rating based on win/loss. If they listen to the mlg pro's reactions to the game then I have a feeling they will create playlists which more accurately represent the feel of Halo for those competitive gamers who want it. To be honest, being able to enjoy vanilla halo has pretty much been gone since reach came out so it's an unrealistic expectation of competitive gamers at this point. We just have to hope they add in elements that will appeal to everyone, which I'm confident 343 is at least trying to do as it will help guarantee the success of Halo 4.

In case you haven't heard what the pro's have to say about Halo 4 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdeZhfiNOs&feature=g-all-u there's a topic about it lingering around somewhere

Eh I'm fine with the chaotic/somewhat ridiculous gameplay offered by the gametyps we saw, should be pretty fun. But they must have a hardcore playlist which strips it down a bit so it actually feels like a halo game and there aren't killstreaks/perks. I want to actually be able to enjoy this game from a competitive standpoint, and with the current playlists they displayed at e3 that simply isn't possible. I'm definitely a fan of a matchmaking system which both rewards you for time played but also gives you an actual skilled rating based on win/loss. If they listen to the mlg pro's reactions to the game then I have a feeling they will create playlists which more accurately represent the feel of Halo for those competitive gamers who want it. To be honest, being able to enjoy vanilla halo has pretty much been gone since reach came out so it's an unrealistic expectation of competitive gamers at this point. We just have to hope they add in elements that will appeal to everyone, which I'm confident 343 is at least trying to do as it will help guarantee the success of Halo 4.

In case you haven't heard what the pro's have to say about Halo 4 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdeZhfiNOs&feature=g-all-u there's a topic about it lingering around somewhere

Agreed. I saw that video. The pro's are saying exactly what I was thinking. I shall edit the OP. I had a similar idea where there are two seperate playlists. Competitive Playlist and Semi-competitive playlist. Semi-competitive playlist will be what Halo 4 is now and Competitive playlist will be a classic Halo experience, no perks, no AA, no customizable loadout. Only default loadout.

I agree and disagree. But an option for the vision AA, is to make it see to a certain distance, then make it go a grey colour and very blurry, would make it nicer to look at than a black screen :D

I Prefer black screen, but that's just me.

C'mon guys, we need opinions/stuff to add.

I agree that the scope of Promethean Vision should be limited. Also, ordinances should not drop overshields. That's like giving the good players all the goodies and hanging the new guys out to dry. In my opinion, the ones who should get overshields are the players who aren't doing too good that round so that way they have a fighting chance.

Other than that, I think the game is fine how it is. I don't think 343 is going to change much though.

I agree that the scope of Promethean Vision should be limited. Also, ordinances should not drop overshields. That's like giving the good players all the goodies and hanging the new guys out to dry. In my opinion, the ones who should get overshields are the players who aren't doing too good that round so that way they have a fighting chance.

Other than that, I think the game is fine how it is. I don't think 343 is going to change much though.

Wouldn't giving the people who are doing poorly overshields/power weapons be unfair, as it gives them a good chance at winning against a team that is better than them? The better team should win, and not have to risk losing to people they're better than because the team doing poorly is being given all these advantages. I do think it's unfair as well though that players who are already dominating the other team get further rewarded by getting powerups/ power weapons delivered to them in killstreaks. That's why I liked the original system of spawning powerups and power weapons in set locations. The better team who strategically secured map control would gain access to the power weapons, in my opinion a much more fair method of distributing such items.

Wouldn't giving the people who are doing poorly overshields/power weapons be unfair, as it gives them a good chance at winning against a team that is better than them? The better team should win, and not have to risk losing to people they're better than because the team doing poorly is being given all these advantages. I do think it's unfair as well though that players who are already dominating the other team get further rewarded by getting powerups/ power weapons delivered to them in killstreaks/ordinance drops. That's why I liked the original system of spawning powerups and power weapons in set locations. The better team who strategically secured map control would gain access to the power weapons, in my opinion a much more fair method of distributing such items.

Why does everyone think that a ranking system where you rank up because you won and rank down because you lost is accurate? I've played against many people that only won because of one member of their team or because people on my team quit. How about this: You only rank up if you win and (in Slayer games at least) you get more kills than deaths. If you win and go negative then you would either rank down slightly or not change rank at all. This would be more accurate then a system that rewards people based solely on wins or losses because it would only reward people who helped their team. This wouldn't work in objective games,but it would work well in slayer games.

Why does everyone think that a ranking system where you rank up because you won and rank down because you lost is accurate? I've played against many people that only won because of one member of their team or because people on my team quit. How about this: You only rank up if you win and (in Slayer games at least) you get more kills than deaths. If you win and go negative then you would either rank down slightly or not change rank at all. This would be more accurate then a system that rewards people based solely on wins or losses because it would only reward people who helped their team. This wouldn't work in objective games,but it would work well in slayer games.

Good point. I'll edit the OP as soon a I can. Thanks for contributing.

What if someone gets lot of assists?

What if someone gets lot of assists?

Maybe it can be like this: The amount of assists you get is added to the amount of kills you get so if you get 2 assist, 15 kills and 4 deaths your KD would be + 13?? Yay or Nay?

EDIT: Only counts to changing your skill rating not your final score in the postgame carnage report.

• Like 1

When I heard about the ordnance drops, I thought they were for everyone to try and get the same one. Like rockets woud drop for everyone at random places, at different times in the game and everyone would be warned around 30-60 seconds in advance, so that thy ycould set up.

The way it actually happens is nothing like I imagined, I mean come on, killstreaks in Halo?

I think one of the most unnerving things is how people speak authoritatively e.g. "MP is done wrong amd this is what they need to change" as if 343i owes them something. I'm glad that people are excited about Halo 4 but we all have to remember that the world doesn't revolve around any one person specifically. Having Halo 4 adapt to your or mlg's standards may not make sense financially for Microsoft because the non-mlg players outnumber the mlg players by the millions. Forgoing change and progression to appease a small minority in your overall target market doesn't make any sense and in the long run alienates more of your fans than to do the opposite. The game should be made so that it's accessible to everyone with added depth for the hardcore. You don't start with the hardcore first because you'll severel limit you rgames' appeal.

• Like 2

I think one of the most unnerving things is how people speak authoritatively e.g. "MP is done wrong amd this is what they need to change" as if 343i owes them something. I'm glad that people are excited about Halo 4 but we all have to remember that the world doesn't revolve around any one person specifically. Having Halo 4 adapt to your or mlg's standards may not make sense financially for Microsoft because the non-mlg players outnumber the mlg players by the millions. Forgoing change and progression to appease a small minority in your overall target market doesn't make any sense and in the long run alienates more of your fans than to do the opposite. Now I'm not sayin MLG isn't important or that MLG should be ignored...I just feel that some MLG players think that they are a liitle more important than they actually are. The game should be made so that it's accessible to everyone with added depth for the hardcore. You don't start with the hardcore first because you'll severel limit you rgames' appeal.

This is exaclty what happened to Reach. Halo 3 had 1 million players but when Reach was released it dropped to a measily 90,000. So you are saying that the ideas stated in this thread are going to hurt the community? I think not. The way Halo 4 is now is extremely unbalanced. There are other ways to advance the game and keep the game balanced at the same time.

I prefer some things over others but if 343i wants to do it their way, then that's that. It is their game and they decide what they want to add and take out. For me, as a big Halo fan, I will just learn to enjoy the elements of the game that I didn't want and play it instead of complaining/wishing for it to change. Again, it is 343i's game, they do what they want. If they make it how the fans want it then it'll come out worse than ever. There is no way to please everyone. A Halo fan will like a Halo game for what it is, and if someone doesn't like it, then just don't play it.

Just to reiterate what I said in the shout box:

There are still 4 months until the game comes out. Don't look to much into what you saw in the multiplayer. It was only a preview of what they have so far. I guarantee they have not balanced anything yet, and they will still probably be balancing weapons and loadouts once the game comes out.

That's arena

Just to reiterate what I said in the shout box:

There are still 4 months until the game comes out. Don't look to much into what you saw in the multiplayer. It was only a preview of what they have so far. I guarantee they have not balanced anything yet, and they will still probably be balancing weapons and loadouts once the game comes out.

as i said, this is gonna be close to what they release though, and tbh, even the casuals aren't sure about some of the features, and the competitve community definitely aren't.

so, they need to at least listen to the ideas, to know they are listening and to be informed they are is a great start.

Again from my comments in the shout-box:

But they can and probably will modify the weapon power ad Bungie did in Halo 3 and Reach.

They can also modify what loadouts are available. They added and removed things from Reach and I believe they can and will improve on what they have in Halo 4 once it is released to the general public. The E3 multiplayer was just a "General" setup to give the community an "idea" of what it will be similar to/like.

I don't think that the community will have to worry as much as this is being made out to be. Like you said, there are 4 months till release, a LOT can change in that period of time.

Carbine

• 18 shots per clip
  • 7 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 4 shots [4 shots being 4/7ths of a kill] ~2.57142857 kills)
  • 42 frames per kill
  • 1.4 seconds to kill (exact)

DMR

• 15 shots per clip
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 3 kills per clip (max) (3 exactly)
  • 44 frames per kill
  • 1.46 (repeating 6) seconds to kill

BR

• 12 shots per clip (36 bullets)
  • 5 shots to kill
  • 2 kills per clip (max) (2 kills and 2 shots [2 shots being 2/5ths of a kill] = 2.4 kills)
  • 55 frames per kill
  • 1.83 (repeating 3) seconds to kill

This is why the BR Sucks and needs to be tweaked everyone.