Forge Contest

its LilBeast

These must be newly created maps, not existing maps.

Here's a little idea i got while sitting here looking through the maps a few of us have posted on the forums. I'm sure a forge contest in Halo: Reach would be quite fun, since there are quite a few of us here that are talented. Here is what i was thinking:

You can either forge as a two man team or individual.

Teams - Two people per team. Create a map for the gametype and size of the moderators choice. After it's done, offer a minimum of two screen shots of your map and a link for down load.

Solo - Everyone who wants can participate, make a map for the gametype and size of the moderators choice. After it's done, offer a minimum of two screen shots of your map and a link for down load.

Rules.

• The Forge will be for a Team Slayer and FFA
  • You've got to have enough bases and spawns for two 4 man teams for Team Slayer and a minimum of 8 individual players for FFA. You can add more spawns for FFA depending on your own preferences. Submitted maps must be fully playable complete with spawns, weapons and necessary components for slayer.
  • You can not vote on your own map.
  • Be respectful, there will be no negative comments on anyone elses work.

You are encouraged to use non members of the forums for any testing of your maps so your work is safe from being copied and/or duplicated

I am Absolute Dog and I approve this message. There will be one runner up and one winner of this contest. There winner/winning team will receive 1600 MS Points and a one time award. The runner up will receive 800 MS Points and also a one time award. Each award will be unique and be offered just this one time. As another incentive, the winner will have his or her map pinned in the "Map Room" with a link for down load and screen shots!

Do to members in school, working and otherwise busy the contest will begin as of this post and end Friday night, February 10th @ 5 pm EST. The maps may be posted late to ensure no items or copied or send the links and screen shots to Absolute Dog via a Private Message and he will hold them and make ready for the voting thread that will be posted late Friday or early Saturday morning.

May the best member win!

You must be a current member of this forum as of the posting of this thread.

Edited by Absolute Dog
Highlighting the "Must be a member at time of thread post!"
  • Like 3

@Skummgummigubbe, all previous made maps can be submitted in the "Map Room" down at the bottom of this forum. That is the reason Absolute Dog made that area, is for people to post their maps that they have made. Contest maps are the only maps that need to be submitted to Absolute Dog via private message.

@343, what we mean for bases is spawns. You have to have enough spawns for at least 4 people on each team, or 8 people in free for all. I'm hoping that you at least plan on giving those spawns some sort of structure or cover so their not spawnkillified.

Of course haha, no worries. I got something in mind, I'll have to start working on it later on.

@TheDirector, at this time it's 1 map per individual or team. Allowing users to submit multiple maps would be more difficult to keep track of and during the voting it could get rather confusing. So, right now i ask that we limit it to 1 map.

Note: I'm getting prepared for a interview, so from 4PM EST (45 mins from now) until sometime after 6PM EST i will not be online. So leave whatever questions that need to be asked here and either i or Absolute Dog will answer them once we get the chance.

If I can find the time I think I'll be able to do this, I already have some great ideas too.

Btw, is my map allowed to support Capture the Flag, Free for All, Big Team Battle, and stuff like that? I'd figure It have more of a variety.

Same here, i decided i won't participate. Just going to sit back and let people have fun, and in the end see what people can come up with. Hell i know for a fact i wouldn't be able to compete lol.

I'm doing the same. I fail at forging, its kinda like me when I sing. 5 seconds of exposure to it will make you vomit.