bring back armour effects

spartaan404

They may or may not. The Beta didn't have much of an armor selection to begin with, but there's still a lot we haven't seen so they could be brought back.

I don't know if I'd say they were something to be proud of because all you had to do was the play the game for a long period of time and you would eventually get them. Due to Reach's XP shop. But they are a nice thing to reach out and try and get if you were going to be playing the game a long time anyway. They add a little more replay value to the game.

Pestilence was my fav.

Aside from flaming heads to show off you're loyalty, the AA effects were pretty distracting.

Also the plopping and children cheers, although funny the first few times, quickly got annoying and took away some of the immersion.

No. Grunt Birthday Party was literally worn to make yourself feel bad.

Armor effects also aren't as good as they are aesthetic. You can't hide and you're incredibly noticeable hiding around the corner.

"They won't see my flyin' hearts or electricity hitting the getting. Lol nope."

Hey! I like my cute flying hearts! :3

But seriously, it's just for fun anyway. :)

I like them for custom games. But I forget to turn them off for MP, which screws me over. I used to play SWAT a lot with GSD. You do not use armor effects. It's literally like taking a brick and throwing it at your bedroom window as hard as you can, and hoping the window takes no damage.

I liked them, yes. It kinda got old with everyone where the four main effects. Pestilence, Inclement Weather, Heart Attack, and Flaming Helmet. Grunt Birthday party was a joke.

However, I do love aesthetics. I'd love to see armor that actually does something instead of just for looks. Gonna be honest as well, I will wear the armor I like. (Pilot or Operator, doesn't matter) But I think it's time to do something more than aesthetics. Give the game a really good pushover. If that means less armor, I'm fine with that. As long as it gets a substantial usage, gameplay will be very competitive. Like it should be, and I'm not talking about something like Halo 4's ranking system. I'm talking about competition. Who's best, who's the sore loser. What matchmaking is meant for.

Custom Games exists for a reason, but that's just me. I just like stuff to cut the mustard.

I think it would be nice for them to come back. It was a nice way to light the mood when you deaded :) . I used it a lot in firefight, but if you don't want it in multiplayer, you can just take it off. I think it would be nice to have it back, as well as a seperate mode like firefight where it's okay to use them.

• Like 1