Update: Multiple User Accounts

The Director

I wouldn't consider this an update, but more of common sense and well, already a rule. But thanks for the reminder Mr. President Moderator.

EDIT: Might I suggest linking the rules for those too lazy to find the rules and read them. To make sure that people can't claim they could not find them.

Link: http://www.343industries.org/rules

Where to find: Scroll to the bottom of the page, on the Right, in White, right next to "Privacy Policy."

• Like 2

I wouldn't consider this an update, but more of common sense and well, already a rule. But thanks for the reminder Mr. President Moderator.

EDIT: Might I suggest linking the rules for those too lazy to find the rules and read them. To make sure that people can't claim they could not find them.

Link: http://www.343industries.org/rules

Where to find: Scroll to the bottom of the page, on the Right, in White, right next to "Privacy Policy."

The reason this post is being put up is because we've found a couple of people who don't have enough common sense to realize this.

Also, added link to the OP cuz why not.

Hold on....what if say..the persons account was hacked? Would that be different?

4. Locked Out of Original Account: The only way to be permanently locked out of your account is to have been dumb enough to both use a throwaway email address AND forget your password. Or you forgot your email password and didn't invest enough thought in it to be able to easily reset it's password. Which means it's entirely your fault that it happened. If this DOES happen to you and you decide to make another account, you must immediately contact the Site Moderator (currently RedStarRocket91) to get your account fixed. If you do not, your old account will be deactivated/deleted/banned.

5. Pretending You Have Friends: Creating alternate accounts to add them to your on-site friends list will not fool anyone (seriously, "Oh this guy has 50 friends... who don't have any posts or anything..."), and it will result in disciplinary action. It will also result in further difficulty in making ACTUAL friends.

That is just sad.

Understood, Director! Thanks for telling us about it! Question: What would happen if you bring your laptop to anywhere else, will the account log out itself or stay logged in, or locked out?

Your account is not directly tied to your IP address. You can log into your account from multiple computers and from multiple locations. Like Facebook. As long as you have your log in information.

• Like 1

The funny thing is.... A long long time ago in the year of 2011, a few friends and I thought - "What if there was a 'The Smart Marine' at the time?" At that point I literally made another account to see how everyone would react. Never, ever used it again.