Main Archive and Rules thread:
Welly Welly Well!
It's the moment that maybe some of you have kinda been wondering when it was gonna happen maybe...
Anyway, to restate the rules:
- Your story must pertain to the given topic. If it does not or in a round about way gets far off topic and never comes back on topic, it will be disqualified.
- Each entry can be a maximum of 2,500 words. No more. We want you to take time to develop characters and build a plot, but at the same time we don't want to have to read for 3 days just to judge the months entries.
- You are allowed to submit your short story at any point in the month, as long as it is before the last day of the month. Anything later will be disqualified.
- Following ruling 3, if you see someone else's short story up before yours you cannot in anyway plagiarize a fellow members work.
- No partial entries. If you submit a piece, it must be complete, beginning to end. if not, you can be assured it will not be judged.
- No inappropriate stories or use of inappropriate language. Follow site rules as you write you story.
- All text must be submitted using the default fonts, colours, and sizes and without special characters (bold, underline, italic, strikethrough and mathematical symbols are alright though) to ensure that submissions can be viewed by anyone who wants to and to keep the focus on the content of the work, rather than its presentation.
- Place your entry in the member created works area of the forums.
- Post in this thread leaving the name of your story along with a link to your submission. Do NOT include your entire story in the post, only the link.
The entries will be judged by:
And your's truly
Judging will be based on Spelling, Grammar, Variety of language (or your Vocab, if you're "hip" like me) and Creativity.
Now, we will begin taking submissions on
And will not take any past
So, now that all the formal stuff is out of the way, here's our topics:
1> The story of a Rogue Spartan on Reach during the Battle of New Alexandria.
2> A facility attempting to develop a new kind of A.I., more advanced than Cortana.
3> A derelict UNSC Ship is being searched by an S and R team, but there's no sign of the crew.
So, that's all folks, pick ONE, Get writing, and good luck to you!
Edited by WreckoningZebra1, 28 August 2014 - 07:32 PM.
Rule nine revised.