UNSC Warlord Teaser Thread

Fishy

So it has come to my thought that I need to put a little more work into the UNSC Warlord Series. But how?
Should I add non-canon items? Then that would ruin the story's purpose of giving the readers that feeling of 'It could have happened.'

What if I added characters that weren't created by the readers and weren't in the books/game?
That's stretching out to favor in myself to balance everything out. I don't want a balance, I want it to work itself out in favour of one or the other.

Alright, then what if I did something simple, like with the writing? I guess that would add interest, after all, that's where the interest starts.

What kind of interest should I add?
How about teasers? That could work. Take any section from the upcoming chapter, from a simple sentence to three paragraphs and give it a post. Not only does it show I'm working on the chapter, but it adds excitement to what could be going on. It's a better idea than cliffhangers.

So let's give it a shot.

Ladies and Gentlemen. I give you, the UNSC Warlord Teaser Thread.

Let's start off with Chapter Fifteen:

"Sarge? Sarge, are you alright?" Bek called out.

Sarge raised himself off the ground and threw himself back on his feet. "I'm fine. I'm fine. Damn banshee would've almost had me if it weren't for these Spartans."

The team turned around. There stood a team of Spartans, ready at the go.

The first one approached them, "We're under direct orders to clear this area. You need to leave. Now." The other four separated and swept the area for any remaining hostiles.

"And who are you?" Sarge questioned the Spartan.

The comm's broke in, "Team Lord, we need you to leave the vicinity, now. ONI has a Spartan team inbound to clear the area and locate transportation to ONI Sword Base. You need to leave. Now." The comm went offline.

Sarge looked up, the blue Spartan was gone.

• Like 1

Chapter Sixteen Teaser:

"Osiris, how much longer do we have?" Sarge got on the Comms.

No response.

"Osiris?" Sarge tried again.

Nothing.

Wait, a faint signal broke in. It was barely understandable.

"S... o... th... onds... eav..." The signal came in.

"Repeat again?" Alex took liberty of the Comm's while Sarge scanned the sky.

"Oh my.... We need to leave. Now! No questions, Sprint as fast as you can east!" Sarge took off.

Ten...

Nine...

Eight...

Seven...

Six...

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One...

-End of Chapter Sixteen's Teaser.-

• Like 1

Chapter 17 Teaser:

"Sarge, take point. I'll cover the exit. Archangel, you flank the right. Bek, hold this position." Moth barked loud and clear. The sound of gauss and banshee's could be heard outside.

"Paladin, how much longer before you get here?" Sarge opened his comms. He turned the corner and engaged two grunts. "Now now, controlled bursts Sergeant." He told himself.

"Sarge, you there yet?" Moth broke in. He had his scope steadied on a brute chieftain. He fired the sniper rifle. Headshot.

"Almost, just a little more... Oh no. This can't be happening." Sarge face turned to horror.

"Spit it out, Sergeant." Moth dropped his magazine and clicked in a fresh one.

"We've got ourselves three corvettes and a super carrier out in the distance." Sarge relied.

"May god have mercy..." Moth broke off.

• 2 months later...

Time to give you an update on Chapter 17's last part of the chapter.
It's going to be the longest chapter yet, I'm going to try and get enough information in as I can. No less than 10 pages on a document... Here's one of the upcoming scenes as well.

"Hmmm... Again, we meet." The ghastly figure uttered out of the dark lighted room.

"Who are you? You sound familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?" Spartan II-Alex was intimidated by this, this thing. Who was he? The voice was as if...

"We've already met." The ghastly figure walked forward. Alex noticed something in his hand.

An energy sword knuckle.

"Lan Chorus..." Alex was in complete shock.

At that moment, Phoenix ran in the room. "Alex, Sarge needs you out front right now!" He stopped. "Alex, what's going on?"

Lan smiled and lunged forward.

"Phoenix! No!"

That's it for the teaser, stay tuned for the full thing!