AC Rogue revealed!

Connor Kenway

assassinscreedrogueshayhood1407252870jpg

Assassins Creed Rogue was revealed less than an hour ago and confirms that we'll play as Shay Cormac a former Assassin turned Templar we will get to sail the North Atlantic with a ship called the Morrigan and the naval combat from AC IV will return as well.

acrogue-gi-03161296jpg-0d25ed_960w.jpg

Rogue is set during the seven years war which is between AC IV and III a crucial period in Frances troubles and had some influences on the French Revolution. It is hinted Shay will have ties into Unity and the game also is an important link in the Kenway saga.Locations that can be visited include a re-imagined New York and the Appalachian river valley.

Expect to hear more news on AC Rogue at Gamescom.

assassinscreedroguescreenshotny140725286

Why does Shay hunt Assassin's?

A mission went wrong and the Assassin's tried to kill him because of it.

Official product description:

North America, 18th century. Amid the chaos and violence of the French and Indian War, Shay Patrick Cormac, a fearless young member of the Assassin Brotherhood, undergoes a dark transformation that will forever shape the future of the colonies. After a dangerous mission goes tragically wrong, Shay turns his back on the Assassins who, in response, attempt to end his life. Cast aside by those he once called brothers, Shay sets out on a mission to wipe out all who turned against him and to ultimately become the most feared Assassin hunter in history.

Introducing Assassin's Creed® Rogue, the darkest chapter in the Assassin's Creed® franchise yet. As Shay, you will experience the slow transformation from Assassin to Assassin hunter. Follow your own creed and set off on an extraordinary journey through New York City, the wild river valley, and far away to the icy cold waters of the North Atlantic in pursuit of your ultimate goal, to bring down the Assassins.

Features:

• Become the Ultimate Assassin Hunter. Experience the Assassin's Creed universe from the perspective of a Templar. Play as Shay, who, in addition to the skills of a Master Assassin, also possesses new abilities, like enhanced eagle vision, and weapons, such as the deadly air rifle and grenade launcher.
  • Slowly Descend Into Darkness. Witness Shay's transformation from an adventurous Assassin to a grim and committed Templar willing to hunt down his former brothers. Experience firsthand the events that will lead Shay down a dark path and set him on a course that will forever change the fate of the Assassin Brotherhood.
  • New and Improved Naval Gameplay. Cast off in your ship, the Morrigan, and fight your way through the icy seas of the North Atlantic and the narrow waters of America's river valleys. Assassin's Creed Rogue builds on the award-winning naval experience from Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag with all-new gameplay, including new weapons and enemy tactics
  • Vast and Diverse Open World to Explore. Shay's story will allow you to explore three unique environments: the artic North Atlantic, American River Valley, and New York City

Trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lYKqkqPQFU
AC Rogue comes out Nov 11th for PS3 and Xbox 360 let me know what you think of this down below

source: http://au.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/assassins-creed-rogue-trailer-leaks-revealing-release-date

post-77261-0-14318000-1407261088_thumb.jpg

post-77261-0-30519900-1407261328_thumb.jpg

post-77261-0-90739300-1407261414.jpg

• Like 5

Nice one Arno.

I personally hate this guy now.

Do you think this will ever be released on Xbox One and PS4? AC: Liberation still hasn't, as far as I'm aware.

I have a feeling there'll be a current-gen port at some point in the future but as of now it's unknown.

Why do you hate Shay? he has legit reasons for hunting Assassins

SCUUUUMBAAAAG UBIIIIIIIIIII

They ACTUALLY DID IT

Gah

Guess I'll have to work on moving my Xbox 360 to a room where I can play AC: Rogue.

Just to play both AC games. What a nuisance. I really hope this'll be a worth game to purchase.

Still, though. I wonder if Shay will actually succeed in bringing the Assassin order in the west to the shambles that we saw it as in AC3. And how will the real world era tie in to this game?

SCUUUUMBAAAAG UBIIIIIIIIIII

They ACTUALLY DID IT

Gah

Guess I'll have to work on moving my Xbox 360 to a room where I can play AC: Rogue.

Just to play both AC games. What a nuisance. I really hope this'll be a worth game to purchase.

Still, though. I wonder if Shay will actually succeed in bringing the Assassin order in the west to the shambles that we saw it as in AC3. And how will the real world era tie in to this game?

from the logo at the end of the trailer it looks similar to the AC III loading so its possibly something to do with the Animus 3.0