PS4 to Xbox: Cross Platforming?

Cooliest

Xbox One can read the HDMI signal from a PS4 and thus allow

Microsoft's console to host Sony's, an executive has confirmed.

image_305056_full.jpg

Because of the Xbox One's HDMI-in port, users will be able to feed the PS4's HDMI cable into the rival system. The on-screen result would be a PS4 running within an Xbox One overlay.

Microsoft executive Albert Panello confirmed that Xbox One users could theoretically multi-task between both consoles.

"Any application can be snapped to a game... so if you wanted to be playing Ryse and Killzone at the same time, you could snap that," he said, as quoted by Gamespot.

Killzone is a PlayStation-owned IP, with a new instalment in the series due for the PS4's launch.

Panello's comments also imply that any games console outputting through an HDMI cable can be displayed on the Xbox One, from Xbox 360 to PS3.

The Xbox executive, who was speaking to gathered journalists at the Tokyo Game Show, also warned users against vertically standing their Xbox Ones.

How nice will it be to sit back, relax, and play both consoles without even thinking?

Full articles at CVG

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 5

I know this probably isn't... but can you actually use the Xbox One controller to use the PS4 when it's on the screen? How did I come up with this question? Well, you can see TV programming throught the Xbox UI, which let's you use the controller. So, maybe does that mean, even with a PS4, that you could play PS4 games through the UI essentially, with the Xbox One controller?

Wait wait whoa whoa wait. Explain this to me a little more please :lol: so both games will be on your screen at the same time??

No I believe it means that you can have both platform open and on with different games, and then through your Xbox you can switch over and play the playstation game THROUGH your Xbox. Basically just switching back and forth.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know this probably isn't... but can you actually use the Xbox One controller to use the PS4 when it's on the screen? How did I come up with this question? Well, you can see TV programming throught the Xbox UI, which let's you use the controller. So, maybe does that mean, even with a PS4, that you could play PS4 games through the UI essentially, with the Xbox One controller?

you can use xbox controllers for the PS3 so i assume it will work for the xbox one and PS4