Halo 4 Ending (Spoiler Alert)

Broken_Arrow

I believe either the librarian or didact said that they were humans

Yes, they get digitized by the composer and become promethians. Also, Spartan ops ep.2 shows an artifact that digitizes a scientist and gets sucked into the artifact. Maybe Cortana and all humans get transported to this coffin looking thing.

Yes, they get digitized by the composer and become promethians. Also, Spartan ops ep.2 shows an artifact that digitizes a scientist and gets sucked into the artifact. Maybe Cortana and all humans get transported to this coffin looking thing.

Or maybe its just a portable storage device that stores their data for later composing.

Couldn't the librarian have made a copy of cortana? I'm a little confused as where the MC (and cortana) met the librarian. I realize it was somewhere inside a forerunner place but wasn't it digital? If it is digital, and physical people can move in and out of it like the MC did, then there we go. The librarian didn't make the MC immune to the composer (and maybe what it does) until AFTER the MC's genes got enhanced.The librarian WAS limited with time to explain to the MC everything that was going on. Maybe she made a copy of cortana, seeing as cortana is also one the forerunner's plan "seeds" as well and just didnt tell either the MC or cortana... so they both believed that was the end for cortana... causing us to maybe believe it as well. I dont think there's anything left over from cortana at the didact's now blown-to-bits ship though. I just don't think the the forerunners would go through the trouble of 1000 years of planning for the MC AND cortana just to kill cortana off hours/days later. :P

If it was digital, cortana is only lost. Not gone forever. Forerunners are pretty thorough after all.

Couldn't the librarian have made a copy of cortana? I'm a little confused as where the MC (and cortana) met the librarian. I realize it was somewhere inside a forerunner place but wasn't it digital? If it is digital, and physical people can move in and out of it like the MC did, then there we go. The librarian didn't make the MC immune to the composer (and maybe what it does) until AFTER the MC's genes got enhanced.The librarian WAS limited with time to explain to the MC everything that was going on. Maybe she made a copy of cortana, seeing as cortana is also one the forerunner's plan "seeds" as well and just didnt tell either the MC or cortana... so they both believed that was the end for cortana... causing us to maybe believe it as well. I dont think there's anything left over from cortana at the didact's now blown-to-bits ship though. I just don't think the the forerunners would go through the trouble of 1000 years of planning for the MC AND cortana just to kill cortana off hours/days later. :P

If it was digital, cortana is only lost. Not gone forever. Forerunners are pretty thorough after all.

I am confused about the highlighted please explain :)

I'm just going to go ahead and say that if they have the Librarian make a copy of Cortana then the writing will suck.

"You just went through the entire game contemplating suicide over Cortana? Well it just so happens that I made a copy of her when we met and I failed to mention this, my bad I guess."

There would be no worse plot convenience than that.

• Like 3

If you've played the campaign and have reached the conversation with the Librarian she talks about her and that's where she's referred to as a seed. As in a seed to victory, just like mc.

ok gotcha now. probably would help if i had the game. lol. i have played it but not the campaign all the way through though i cheated and watched the cutscenes lol.

Okay this is just another theory about Cortana's survival, however this time related to Spartan Ops. In the campaign it seems unlikely that the librarian, who had made such accurate predictions regarding the outcome of the Chief would let Cortana "die". So similar to other theories it's very possible that the librarian either copied her when they met, or made some modification that would save her. There are many modifications she could have made, but if you notice when Cortana's terminal is destroyed, a similar data field. To that knights etc leave when killed. So maybe this data field was then uploaded to some forerunner digital world and that's were Cortana is now.

You may now be wondering how this links to Spartan Ops, well so far those who have played through them will have noticed that many humans have been sucked into what could easily be a 'digital world'. Now if then look at the Halo 4 achievements, there are two back to back achievements for Episode 4 - Chapter 5 and Episode 5 -chapter 1. Now this is only a couple of weeks away so it would be early, but maybe there'll be further clues there?

Also just thought I'd add the link to my compilation of the Chief and Cortana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IX6HLRUWbY&feature=plcp

Oh and here's a really good, in depth theory https://forums.halow...--Spoilers.aspx

My take on this whole situation:

1- Theres still 2 more games in this trilogy. Cortana was the second most important character in this game. Chief and her are the only two that remain from the original trilogy (if the arbiter doesnt make a suprise appearance) and it is highly unlikely or near impossible that she will not be talked about in future games. I highly doubt theories that chief will also become a crazed killer and betray the UNSC. All he knows is to protect humanity. Halo 5 will be considered the "darkest" game imo because The didact is still out there and Chief wants revenge no matter what the cost. Even if she does not come back, which i think she will in some form or another, Chief is going to have constant trouble being without her so she isnt forgotten.

2- Her "death" was not very clear. Almost every other important character in halo that has died has a concrete death. Capt. Keyes becomes flood, his daughter gets shot, and johnson gets zapped. However, she just fades away. It is unclear what happens to her. Just blowing her up seems to be a waste of such an important character even if it helps show Chief's human-side. There is also so much information given to you in the campaign referring to AI's with the composer and Cortana being an evolved ancilla that I believe she has a greater role which hasn't been completed. The game is very open right now. 343 has not been very clear with where they are going with this besides the "darker" Halo 5 story. Halo 2 and 3 both had cliffhanger endings leading to something else and Halo 4 really doesnt have one besides the didact talking at the end.

3- What I believe may happen: Cortana was taken by the librarian for something. In the level where you meet the Librarian, after you re-obtain Cortana, she says the Librarian filled her in but you dont know on what. I highly doubt it was the same exact thing she told the chief because they both have different roles to complete the same goal in stopping the Didact. Also, Chief cannot stop the didact by himself. The first time you meet the didact he owns you with his weird star wars powers and gets away. The second time, at the end of the game, He basically owns you again. If it was not for cortana you would be dead before you set off the nuke. I believe the librarian has something to do with cortana and you are going to need her at the end to stop the Didact.

2- Her "death" was not very clear. Almost every other important character in halo that has died has a concrete death. Capt. Keyes becomes flood, his daughter gets shot, and johnson gets zapped. However, she just fades away. It is unclear what happens to her. Just blowing her up seems to be a waste of such an important character even if it helps show Chief's human-side. There is also so much information given to you in the campaign referring to AI's with the composer and Cortana being an evolved ancilla that I believe she has a greater role which hasn't been completed. The game is very open right now. 343 has not been very clear with where they are going with this besides the "darker" Halo 5 story. Halo 2 and 3 both had cliffhanger endings leading to something else and Halo 4 really doesnt have one besides the didact talking at the end.

Cortana has yet to finish the fight. Also she did say to chief the majority of her was "down there." In whatever that was it got destroyed so there still is some bit left of her.

Yes, in the end she goes through the final stasis and turns from an AI to human form. Look it up on halopedia or read the books.

WHAT?!? I have never heard anything such this. Proves?

You sir get a like. I did notice the terminal exploding much like the knights "Death" explosion. So there is still the possibility that cortana's data is drifting about. Though my next question is a bit off topic. Are the knights human? Like what is up with the skulls?

You can answer yourself watching the terminal "Knights". Eventually, they are formed by humans and Forerunners, but not like a mix.

It's on halopedia, and it's not a personal theory.

I don't assume Halopedia as a canonic source. Simply because even i can go there ad write "herp MC is dead derp".

I'm just going to go ahead and say that if they have the Librarian make a copy of Cortana then the writing will suck.

"You just went through the entire game contemplating suicide over Cortana? Well it just so happens that I made a copy of her when we met and I failed to mention this, my bad I guess."

There would be no worse plot convenience than that.

LOL yeah that would be funny. "We made Cortana die, spending 5 years of hard work, but now that people are crying let's just build up a ridiculous story where she and the Chief will love each other and run off into the sunset".

• Like 2

Don't need a link, Cortana is the only AI to have living DNA, she is with the librarian at the moment; you will not see Cortana until the Legendary ending of Halo 5, or until Halo 6.

What! Fishy, She can't have DNA in her matrix, DNA is organic, organic can't exist in a flash environment, nothing can except electricity. Corty was a neural map made from halsey's clone but that's it, just an imprimt, a copy composed of electricity stored on a chip composed of a super conductive material yet to be made. That's the Kicker, once these A.I are turned on they can't be shutdown. The chip must always be fed power otherwise the flash will lose a vital tik in it's continuous tok cycle.

I'm really amazed by Sci Fi, there has been this recurring idea expressed throughout the last 70 years by many authors, could we ever upload and download again? could an A.I step into the physical universe, guess what i put it down to? The fact that we are biologically the same right across the planet, we tend to arrive at a shared consensus though one might start it off the formulation of it was always there once we hear of it, sometimes this shared belief can turn into a meme, a notion or an idea that is taken for truth even when it is proven to be false your inner self still believes it's true. I'm not saying this is what you are or what you believe, i'm just stating how amazing sci fi authors are and how they all seem to kick back to the idea of an A.I and a biological mergence.

All of us on this planet yearn for oneness, yearn for the top down zoom out and in system to be in our heads at any given time, hence our addiction to news media, gps, social media gadgets and the net, the more infomation we know of what's coming is better than not knowing.

Halo 5? I'm not going to even bother as Silentium is yet to be released and Spartan Ops has yet to be completed, January will give us more of an idea how the story might turn out or in what possible direction it is headed.

Has anyone thought that they might recover a partial fragment of corty but can't initialize it as it is too fragmented? Then Halsey dies and gets her neural network copied and they can initialize the old fragment of Corty again?

Speculation boys Speculation.

Okay this is just another theory about Cortana's survival, however this time related to Spartan Ops. In the campaign it seems unlikely that the librarian, who had made such accurate predictions regarding the outcome of the Chief would let Cortana "die". So similar to other theories it's very possible that the librarian either copied her when they met, or made some modification that would save her. There are many modifications she could have made, but if you notice when Cortana's terminal is destroyed, a similar data field. To that knights etc leave when killed. So maybe this data field was then uploaded to some forerunner digital world and that's were Cortana is now.

You may now be wondering how this links to Spartan Ops, well so far those who have played through them will have noticed that many humans have been sucked into what could easily be a 'digital world'. Now if then look at the Halo 4 achievements, there are two back to back achievements for Episode 4 - Chapter 5 and Episode 5 -chapter 1. Now this is only a couple of weeks away so it would be early, but maybe there'll be further clues there?

Also just thought I'd add the link to my compilation of the Chief and Cortana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IX6HLRUWbY&feature=plcp

Oh and here's a really good, in depth theory https://forums.halow...--Spoilers.aspx

When The access plinth is destroyed in midnight with her chip in it she is still able to communicate, you can hear her whispering something like " Get to the the core or they will die" and "I will always take care of you" there is two more whispering audio's but my frikkin 5.1 crappy lcd drops it out over the music, i wish i could mute the music like the old halo's.

Don't need a link, Cortana is the only AI to have living DNA, she is with the librarian at the moment; you will not see Cortana until the Legendary ending of Halo 5, or until Halo 6.

Don't need a link? So your discussion is based on your personal idea? You have the Thruth by your side?

Ahahahahahaha.

Who told you she is with the Librarian at the moment? Who? Who told you we won't see Cortana until the Legendary ending of H5?

You're saying things without proving it, without even a shred of information. Why should i believe you?

What! Fishy, She can't have DNA in her matrix, DNA is organic, organic can't exist in a flash environment, nothing can except electricity. Corty was a neural map made from halsey's clone but that's it, just an imprimt, a copy composed of electricity stored on a chip composed of a super conductive material yet to be made. That's the Kicker, once these A.I are turned on they can't be shutdown. The chip must always be fed power otherwise the flash will lose a vital tik in it's continuous tok cycle.

I'm really amazed by Sci Fi, there has been this recurring idea expressed throughout the last 70 years by many authors, could we ever upload and download again? could an A.I step into the physical universe, guess what i put it down to? The fact that we are biologically the same right across the planet, we tend to arrive at a shared consensus though one might start it off the formulation of it was always there once we hear of it, sometimes this shared belief can turn into a meme, a notion or an idea that is taken for truth even when it is proven to be false your inner self still believes it's true. I'm not saying this is what you are or what you believe, i'm just stating how amazing sci fi authors are and how they all seem to kick back to the idea of an A.I and a biological mergence.

All of us on this planet yearn for oneness, yearn for the top down zoom out and in system to be in our heads at any given time, hence our addiction to news media, gps, social media gadgets and the net, the more infomation we know of what's coming is better than not knowing.

Halo 5? I'm not going to even bother as Silentium is yet to be released and Spartan Ops has yet to be completed, January will give us more of an idea how the story might turn out or in what possible direction it is headed.

Has anyone thought that they might recover a partial fragment of corty but can't initialize it as it is too fragmented? Then Halsey dies and gets her neural network copied and they can initialize the old fragment of Corty again?

Speculation boys Speculation.

When The access plinth is destroyed in midnight with her chip in it she is still able to communicate, you can hear her whispering something like " Get to the the core or they will die" and "I will always take care of you" there is two more whispering audio's but my frikkin 5.1 crappy lcd drops it out over the music, i wish i could mute the music like the old halo's.

Catherine Halsey put some of her DNA in her.. if you read the books and listened in game you'd understand. :sweat:

Catherine Halsey put some of her DNA in her.. if you read the books and listened in game you'd understand. :sweat:

You're assuming Cortana will become living tissue because she was created from Halseys DNA, and that she's with the librarian, both uneducated guesses because we don't know enough to say whether its true.

I dont think this is entirely accurate.

Cortana was made from a flash clone of Halsey's brain. All other AI's made by the UNSC (smart and dumb) were made from tissue of dead people. Reason being is that the creation process destroys the brain tissue of the subject. That is what makes her unique as Halsey is still alive. Not that her DNA is in Cortana. She is digital information not organic (at least not yet some people hope).

But thats my understanding of it. I have been wrong before.

I dont think this is entirely accurate.

Cortana was made from a flash clone of Halsey's brain. All other AI's made by the UNSC (smart and dumb) were made from tissue of dead people. Reason being is that the creation process destroys the brain tissue of the subject. That is what makes her unique as Halsey is still alive. Not that her DNA is in Cortana. She is digital information not organic (at least not yet some people hope).

But thats my understanding of it. I have been wrong before.

No cortana is not a copy of Halsey's brain, she was a forerunner AI, the structures custodian.

No cortana is not a copy of Halsey's brain, she was a forerunner AI, the structures custodian.

So when did that happen? Considering what I have read in the books (which have Cortana being made from a flash clone of Halsey's brain, Fall of Reach) thats kind of a contradiction isnt it?

So when did that happen? Considering what I have read in the books (which have Cortana being made from a flash clone of Halsey's brain, Fall of Reach) thats kind of a contradiction isnt it?

Halsey erased the forerunner data and put in her own information. I'm not entirely sure, I just know she's a forerunner AI, the Didact says it on the mission Midnight near the end.